GPI/BCC Spotted Hot Stamps (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be nice to have a $20 chip, but that's another die that we'd have to pay for.

When the switch was made to individual sets, the dual use NCV chip was dropped and the 5 was added back in to the tournament set. So now there is no option for people that need a 25k chip. You may want to consider making the Red 5 a 5/25k NCV chip or taking a poll to see which one is preferred. With Apache joining you may want both....:whistle: :whistling:

I like the way this is moving, but the yellow/green combo is definitely not one of my favorites.

Yah, green/yellow and green/pink are among my least desired color combos.

The green as well as black chip color combos at post 472 for the 318 chips looks really good.

When the switch was made to individual sets, the dual use NCV chip was dropped and the 5 was added back in to the tournament set. So now there is no option for people that need a 25k chip. You may want to consider making the Red 5 a 5/25k NCV chip or taking a poll to see which one is preferred. With Apache joining you may want both....:whistle: :whistling:

The reason I kept the T5 is so that we can use the same die for the tournament and cash versions of each chip.

Yah, green/yellow and green/pink are among my least desired color combos.

The green as well as black chip color combos at post 472 for the 318 chips looks really good.
Cannot see what's wrong about green and pink ...

IMG_0815.JPG

A reminder for anyone using the poker chip designer for mock ups.

The ten Paulson colors closest to the BC color palette:

Beige
Cherry
Off White
Rose
Light Pink
Canary Yellow
Black
Sky Blue
Munzell Green
Maroon

^^^ Please use only these colors when posting mock-ups.

Ended up with a couple free minutes today, so here is a cash set design for consideration.

Unknown.png

Last edited:
I don't mind the green with pink, just particularly don't care for green yellow combos. I'll play with some mocks later tonight.

This is the first mock that makes me want to jump in on this buy. The Maroon spots on Sky Blue and Camel spots on Cranberry are by far the most beautiful color combos to my taste. Yellow frac (y) :thumbsup:. Love it.

I really love the camel/cranberry combo...but the sky blue/cranberry is pretty nice as well.

A reminder for anyone using the poker chip designer for mock ups.

The ten Paulson colors closest to the BC color palette:

Beige
Cherry
Off White
Rose
Light Pink
Canary Yellow
Black
Sky Blue
Munzell Green
Maroon

^^^ Please use only these colors when posting mock-ups.

If I was designing under those restrictions I'd gravitate towards this for the tourney chips:

Tourney1.png

B13EEF76-79DF-4BFC-AA2C-ABFD9DFCB1DE.png
Post #465 has the decided tournament chips folks. He’s looking for cash designs now....But, being this thread went off the rails a long time ago here’s one last tournament set idea I had floating in my head. Venetian Deep Stack Theme.

Red and blue spots is nice indeed. But not convinced with a sky blue...

Playing around - I think I prefer the 312 spots, but I could go 314 really. I could also go solid frac/non-denom on any of these. I tried to get some variety between the sets, and also not to re-use spots/colors as much as possible.

"Vegas inspired"

upload_2018-5-3_22-1-46.png

upload_2018-5-3_22-1-57.png

"Cali Inspired"

upload_2018-5-3_22-2-17.png

upload_2018-5-3_22-2-24.png

I’m waiting to hear back from the sales manager at GPI about doing two different sets (314 & 312). In the meantime the 312 set needs to start getting narrowed down.

Thanks guys.

I think the Red with sky blue 312 is incredible.

Green with pink is also beauty.

White with brown for the dollar, also beauty.

I think the Red with sky blue 312 is incredible.

Green with pink is also beauty.

White with brown for the dollar, also beauty.

Yes, I think that might be my favorite line up. I do love the red/beige fiver though too.

I haven't heard back from GPI yet concerning the 314 and 312 spotted sets, but I did want to share the labels that I'm planning on making with @Gear if people are interested. I am personally planning on labeling my set and would give you the freedom to switch around denominations if you wanted to. As soon as I hear back from the sales manager at GPI I will be sure to let you guys know.

9g1vWRFl.png

6Cvp9eIl.png

You're making custom hotstamped chips with the intention of labeling them over? Are you going to mill all of your chips?

The hot stamps are more for others. A lot of people don’t like the 7/8” inlay with a 1 1/16” recess.

Well, it seems like it would be simpler to just go with inlays from the start. Personally I think the 7/8 inlay looks great on the BC chips.

But you do realize that labels will not work well directly over the hotstamps, and that the chips will need to be milled first, right?

Well, it seems like it would be simpler to just go with inlays from the start. Personally I think the 7/8 inlay looks great on the BC chips.

But you do realize that labels will not work well directly over the hotstamps, and that the chips will need to be milled first, right?

I know that they would need to be milled. As far as I know, more people were interested in hot stamps than inlays.

you do realize that labels will not work well directly over the hotstamps, and that the chips will need to be milled first, right?
Not necessarily. Depending upon the recess depth and label thickness, it's quite possible that only scraping the hot-stamps will be needed. It's been done dozens of times in the past with good results.

I don’t think it’s unheard of for a poker room to have two sets (even tournament sets), maybe the way for the two sets to fly is one’s stamped and one labeled. Probably need to have the numbers match so that might throw that thought out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom