GPI/BCC Spotted Hot Stamps (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoscowRadio

Flush
Reaction score
Hey guys. So things are getting in motion with GPI to have a spotted, hot-stamped, tournament set made and I want this to be a community project. I will have to get an estimate of how many chips we would be ordering. I will also be designing dealer buttons for this project, hopefully on the 60mm ceramics that ABC Gifts and Awards will hopefully be offering since their acquisition of Old West Poker Supplies.

Please keep in mind that we only have 1 mold to choose from, 7 spot patterns, and 10 colors. The stamp will also need to be made with gold foil and be a certain size for this to happen. Below is the chart showing all of these parameters.

LzroXkrh.jpg

I would like to keep this set simple. I actually think I would prefer all of the chips to have the same 314 spot pattern because I love the simplicity of the Stardust Poker Mansion. However, to those of you who are interested, I would like to see what you have in mind. If you could use the chip designer feature and mock up what you would like and post it here I would love to see the designs.

I'm really hoping that we can get this off the ground because I think we could really make a nice, understated tournament set even with the color restrictions. And who doesn't love spotted hot stamps?

So, let's see your designs!

UPDATE 4/30: FINAL MOCK-UP SHOWN BELOW.

WewGwM3l.png

Last edited:
Hey guys. So things are getting in motion with GPI to have a spotted, hot-stamped, tournament set made and I want this to be a community project. I will have to get an estimate of how many chips we would be ordering. I will also be designing dealer buttons for this project, hopefully on the 60mm ceramics that ABC Gifts and Awards will hopefully be offering since their acquisition of Old West Poker Supplies.

Please keep in mind that we only have 1 mold to choose from, 7 spot patterns, and 10 colors. The stamp will also need to be made with gold foil and be a certain size for this to happen. Below is the chart showing all of these parameters.

LzroXkrh.jpg

I would like to keep this set simple. I actually think I would prefer all of the chips to have the same 314 spot pattern because I love the simplicity of the Stardust Poker Mansion. However, to those of you who are interested, I would like to see what you have in mind. If you could use the chip designer feature and mock up what you would like and post it here I would love to see the designs.

I'm really hoping that we can get this off the ground because I think we could really make a nice, understated tournament set even with the color restrictions. And who doesn't love spotted hot stamps?

So, let's see your designs!

I also like the classic look of the SDPM chips. Interested to see how this develops!

Following with interest, but it's going to come down to cost per chip. As much as I like solids, I also love the look of the SDPM spots, as they allow plenty of the base colour to show.

75423CC4-9CDC-4670-B959-E218AB6E83F7.jpeg

Do the edge spots have to be the same color? I know this gets away from the simpler design and SDPM style. But I’ve always liked these? Just a random thought.

I don't know if the edge spots have to be the same on their respective chip. I thought they did, but I could very well have just been mistaken. In a way, I'm trying to ask as little as possible of GPI to keep costs to a minimum and so as not to get shot down.

I don't know if the edge spots have to be the same on their respective chip. I thought they did, but I could very well have just been mistaken.
For the BCC chips, they don't (assuming things haven't changed). The Columbani chips taught us that. Regardless, I do like the consistent 314 spots. Here's a possibility, one with consistent spots, the other with a type of progression.

upload_2018-4-25_20-50-6.png

upload_2018-4-25_20-50-16.png

Do they not allow denominations on these either?

For the BCC chips, they don't (assuming things haven't changed). The Columbani chips taught us that. Regardless, I do like the consistent 314 spots. Here's a possibility, one with consistent spots, the other with a type of progression.

View attachment 169938

View attachment 169939

What I meant was I didn't think it was possible for us to have two or more different color edge spots on one chip IE: green T25 with cranberry, black, and white spots.

What I meant was I didn't think it was possible for us to have two or more different color edge spots on one chip IE: green T25 with cranberry, black, and white spots.

Their example on the website shows a chip with two different color edge spots on the same chip, so I assume it's possible.

Their example on the website shows a chip with two different color edge spots on the same chip, so I assume it's possible.

I was under the impression that was more just to show what colors were available, but again, I could be totally mistaken.

1/2 pie set hotstamped tourney set would be sweet.
The GPI edge spot patterns (P-3, BC-3) aren't really 1/4-pie -- it's actually two inserts added to a slug to emulate a true 1/4-pie chip (like those made by ASM or TRK). Most of the time, the pressed inserts spill over into the chip center recess (which is typically covered by a full-size inlay giving the appearance of 1/4-pie).

I don't think they would look very good with a hot-stamp (or even with a smaller-than-recess diameter inlay, as is the case here with the flower mold). The Colombani 100 chip shown in post #16 is an example of how the spots can spread unevenly.

I’d be in also for a small set :
- 80 x T25
- 80 x T100
- 40 x T500
- 70 x T1000
- 30 x T5000
- 10 x Bounty
- 1 dealer
+ 10 spares of each chip.

I like the light blue as 500 with dark blue spots.

For the 100, I like black (or charcoal if available) with red spots.

Would it be possible to have the link to the GPI designer tool ?

Love BCC colors and I will be watching with interest but I don't think I can take on another tournament set. Cash set maybe, tournament set probably not.

I’d be in also for a small set :
- 80 x T25
- 80 x T100
- 40 x T500
- 70 x T1000
- 30 x T5000
- 10 x Bounty
- 1 dealer
+ 10 spares of each chip.

I like the light blue as 500 with dark blue spots.

For the 100, I like black (or charcoal if available) with red spots.

Would it be possible to have the link to the GPI designer tool ?

Unfortunately dark blue is not an option. Our choices are:
  • Day green
  • White
  • Black
  • Cranberry
  • Coral (pink)
  • Canary yellow
  • Maroon
  • Sky blue
  • Camel (light tan)
Here’s the link for the GPI chip designer: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/pokerchipdesigner/

Those are the colors available for chip color and edge spot ?

Is there a link to the designer tool in order to play a bit with the colors and edge spots ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom