GPI/BCC Spotted Hot Stamps (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1EA20A0D-21F1-4CE3-A60B-924487E5A3F2.png
I suggest selecting the fully transparent "no inlay" option in the chip designer, since these chips will be hotstamped. I would be all for this layout if the spot colors were swapped on the 25 and 500.

As numerous mock-ups have shown, it's challenging to design a killer set of 8 chips when only 10 colors are available, without repeating a spot or base color.

With that said, there is also not necessarily any need for this restriction. The original plan for this GB was to design two sets - one tourney and one cash. Why don't we just do this : design two killer 5- or 6-chip lineups, which are part of different sets? The tourney set could be all 314, and the cash 312, for example.

And finally, a mock-up where the coral base color and maroon spots are re-used, either on the frac & 1 or on the 5k:

fsto3.png

As numerous mock-ups have shown, it's challenging to design a killer set of 8 chips when only 10 colors are available, without repeating a spot or base color.

With that said, there is also not necessarily any need for this restriction. The original plan for this GB was to design two sets - one tourney and one cash. Why don't we just do this : design two killer 5- or 6-chip lineups, which are part of different sets? The tourney set could be all 314, and the cash 312, for example.

I like this idea, but I think the concern was with meeting order qty and also worry about GPI not working with Moscow on a "cash" set since the limitation on these chips is supposed to be NCV or $2.50 value maximum.

Just in case, I had started to work on a simple and oldschool hotstamp artwork to be used on a cash set.

Since I like Cali colors, the theme is about a place I visited in Cali : Calico.

My end goal was to use it for CPC but I’d be glad to develop it here as part of à HS Cash set with Cali colors.

Since the idea of doing 314 spots with the tournament set and 312 spots with the cash set have been brought up a lot lately, that is what I'm going to pitch to GPI. This is the standing tournament set. It has good, contrasting colors. Once the cash set can be agreed upon I will start a thread for all interested parties to list the number of chips we would like to order. We will need at least 1,000 of each denomination to have them made and Apache has expressed interest in joining the group buy. If that happens then we shouldn't have a problem meeting the minimum.

Please post a mock-up of what you would like the cash set to look like and then it will be voted on.

aQJK9vGl.png

Last edited:
I know that super progressive edge spots are ideal, but this needs to be as easy a project for GPI as possible.

Watching with a lot of interest in the cash set. Loving the idea of having an all hot stamp cash set. Totally unique to what I have now. I won't toss a design in the mix, but will certainly cast my vote and most likely will be pulling the trigger on a set. Thanks for working on this, @MoscowRadio!

Not a big fan of a $20 chip for this set. On a set that had more flexibility perhaps a $20 chip but not in a project like this, imo.

I like the way this is moving, but the yellow/green combo is definitely not one of my favorites. How about a white with green spots a la the Calgary set that was posted back a bit ago?

That red $5 with blue spots too (y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom