Good Starting Stack Breakdown for 0.5c-0.20c blind home games? (1 Viewer)

CloudyEmperor6

Waiting List
Reaction score
So I’ve been testing out some different chip breakdowns and I want to know others thoughts and what their breakdowns are for microstakes cash games at $10-$20 buy-ins with rebuys unlimited but as most of our group may only do one rebuy at max. What do you guys do for a micro game chip breakdown for 5c chips, fracs, and $1 chips. Please reply everyone I’d like as much info as I can gather!

there are lots of breakdown threads here, the actual stakes don't matter, the basic pattern is pretty much the same.
4 denominations:
100 blind chips, never more than 200.
200 next value chips
200 workhorse chips, not more than infinity
100 value chips

People tweak it based on their particular game, chip budget and preferences. You just want to be sure that your total bank of chips is enough to cover all the buy ins, and you don't want so few chips that people always have to make change

Echoing @trever , but my personal favorite is a barrel of nickels and quarters for $6, then filled in with dollars or fives. Breakdown can change depending on your game but my people love limping and lots of chips so no one complains about towers of 5c pieces.

If I was buying expensive chips Id certainly cut down on the nickels, but thats the beauty of mountains of cheap chips!

Echoing @trever , but my personal favorite is a barrel of nickels and quarters for $6, then filled in with dollars or fives. Breakdown can change depending on your game but my people love limping and lots of chips so no one complains about towers of 5c pieces.

If I was buying expensive chips Id certainly cut down on the nickels, but thats the beauty of mountains of cheap chips!
100% agreed. We play 5¢/10¢ blinds, NL or spread limit, and bets involving nickels are very common. So, like @NotRealNameNoSir does, it's a barrel of nickels and quarters to start.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom