Golf Thread (4 Viewers)

Throw your 3 wood in the bin.

If you don’t hit a driver well leave it at home.

Hit a hybrid off the tee and again for your second shot. That will get you on or near the green on most par 4s.

Don’t hit elaborate flop shots. If you’re not far off the green putt with a hybrid.

If you don’t have a hybrid i can’t help you :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

This video helped me when I first started out. It’s dated now but you’ll get the idea.

Went to the (indoor) range last night, and really worked a few kinks out. By the end, I was hitting everythning from 6I - wedges REALLY good. last 6i went 170, straight as an arrow with good spin. Need to work the kinks out of the hybrid, 3w, and driver.

For me, its all about hips and weight distribution. I think once I get better at hips first, arms down, then swing .. in essence, I'll get better contact. once I get the contact solid, I'll work on increasing swing speed and such. I still can't hit my driver over 200 yards right now though.

Throw your 3 wood in the bin.

If you don’t hit a driver well leave it at home.

Hit a hybrid off the tee and again for your second shot. That will get you on or near the green on most par 4s.

Don’t hit elaborate flop shots. If you’re not far off the green putt with a hybrid.

If you don’t have a hybrid i can’t help you :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Before every round, I tell myself “smart golf” today.

Then I get to the first tee box and the rest of the group pull out their drivers. And so do I. Fore!!!

Went to the (indoor) range last night, and really worked a few kinks out. By the end, I was hitting everythning from 6I - wedges REALLY good. last 6i went 170, straight as an arrow with good spin. Need to work the kinks out of the hybrid, 3w, and driver.

For me, its all about hips and weight distribution. I think once I get better at hips first, arms down, then swing .. in essence, I'll get better contact. once I get the contact solid, I'll work on increasing swing speed and such. I still can't hit my driver over 200 yards right now though.
Play a full round with your 6 iron as your longest club. Bet you’ll shoot under 100.

If you can get a 3 hybrid to work then you’ll be on the way to shooting under 90.

Not as much fun as belting a driver but if it’s a score you’re after that’s the way to do it.

Play a full round with your 6 iron as your longest club. Bet you’ll shoot under 100.

If you can get a 3 hybrid to work then you’ll be on the way to shooting under 90.

Not as much fun as belting a driver but if it’s a score you’re after that’s the way to do it.
my biggest issue is the long clubs. The longer the club, the harder I feel I need to swing. Overswinging is the devil when it comes golf. I can't get that one thing out of my head. Working really hard on it for sure though.

Teeing off in 23 1/2 hours ... can't wait

my biggest issue is the long clubs. The longer the club, the harder I feel I need to swing. Overswinging is the devil when it comes golf. I can't get that one thing out of my head. Working really hard on it for sure though.

Teeing off in 23 1/2 hours ... can't wait
Just enjoy it. Whenever I’m having a nightmare round I just think to myself that I could be at home with the missus and then I feel better :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Going to Scottsdale in a couple weeks to see if I can revive my game in the middle of winter. Playing Palm Valley, Grass Clippings under the lights, and TPC Scottsdale Champions. Pretty excited to play night golf, should be a fun experience.

Thrilled to be in Scottsdale AZ this weekend! Starting off at San Marcos Golf Course

IMG_5735.jpeg

Shot a 98 today in Potomac, MD. Nice start to year for me (only 5th time below 100)! Deer as my witnesses.

IMG_5486.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom