Get frisky with me and flop OESFD (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Playing the local $80 Super Stack Blitz at the Silks Poker Room. Players start with 40,000 chips and blinds at 25/50, but they go up every 15 minutes so the later rounds become a shovefest.

Hero has been running good early and chipped up early from 40K to 70K. Most stacks in this hand are between mid 20's to mid 40's.

Blinds 100/200 with a 25 ante. Two limpers, Hero is the HJ with :jh::8h: and raises to 1200. 5 callers and we see:

:th::4s::9h:

Pot: 7,750

Lady who limp-called from EP bets 1k, guy in MP calls 1K, Hero?

Playing the local $80 Super Stack Blitz at the Silks Poker Room. Players start with 40,000 chips and blinds at 25/50, but they go up every 15 minutes so the later rounds become a shovefest.

Hero has been running good early and chipped up early from 40K to 70K. Most stacks in this hand are between mid 20's to mid 40's.

Blinds 100/200 with a 25 ante. Two limpers, Hero is the HJ with :jh::8h: and raises to 1200. 5 callers and we see:

Lady who limp-called from EP bets 1k, guy in MP calls 1K, Hero raises to 8K, guy in the BB shoves all-in for 31K total. Lady who limped in EP calls leaving herself roughly 5K behind, action on Hero?

Pot: 70,750

Hero has to call another 23K facing two other hands plus an opponent with an additional 5K in chips behind, hero ?

Lady who limp-called from EP bets 1k, guy in MP calls 1K, Hero raises to 8K, guy in the BB shoves all-in for 31K total. Lady who limped in EP calls leaving herself roughly 5K behind, action on Hero?

Pot: 70,750

Hero has to call another 23K facing two other hands plus an opponent with an additional 5K in chips behind, hero ?

Here is so fixated on this pot he doesn't bother to just reshove and only calls. There is still action to be had:

Turn :6h:

Pot: 93,750

Lady checks, Hero shoves all-in, she says "well, I guess I can always rebuy" and she calls

The original shover starts complaining about how he knew I was on a draw, how unlucky he is as he flips over:

:4c::4d:

The lady who limp-called preflop turns over :ks::kc: (yes, these players are this bad!) and is drawing dead on the side pot.

The river is unfortunately the :tc: pairing the board, so Hero only wins the sidepot and maintains the starting stack of roughly 40K while the other guy wins the monster pot and takes the chip lead at the table.

Given I was getting 3:1 on a call and only needed to be 25% equity and I was 42% this was a must-call spot. Especially in a tournament where the blinds increase every 15 minutes so you really need to chip up to stay competitive.

How do you get back to 40k when you add the 10k side pot to your remaining stack of 18k? Seems like you lost 12k on the hand, or 30% or your stack.

Last edited:
How do you get back to 40k when you add the 10k side pot to your remaining stack of 18k? Seems like you lost 12k on the hand, or 30% or your stack.

Numbers may be a bit off but from my recollection I had 26K plus the side pot that was won. I was close to my 40K starting stack, may have been 36-38K that I had, but it was close enough. Actual chip counts have been changed to protect the innocent? :p

If these are competent opponents I can find a fold here for sure. If you had been against 44 and the Axhh you have only 6 outs then. Against 1 play obviously never folding.

I have no idea what KK is doing preflop in this hand!?! :wideeyed: This hand should never have seen a flop!

If you started with 70k

PF:1200, 68.8k left.
Flop: 31k, 37.8k left
Turn: 5k, 32.8k left

Win 10k side pot gives you a stack of 42.8k, for a loss of 27.2k on the hand, and back to basically a starting stack.

I thought you meant back to what you started the hand with. My bad.

If these are competent opponents I can find a fold here for sure. If you had been against 44 and the Axhh you have only 6 outs then. Against 1 play obviously never folding.

I tend to agree. 2 outs to the coconuts, add 7 outs to the inferior flush. You have another 6 outs to the straight (which I feel better about than the flush), but 3 if them are not the nut straight.

So I'm comfortable with 5 outs, or about 20%, which is -EV against 3:1 pot odds.

I could lick my wounds after leaving 9200 on the table and let the hand play out without me. Then target hands with Kk-lady if she rebuys.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom