Flop a flush with me 50k grtd (2 Viewers)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Blinds 100/200 with 200 ante, players started with 30k

UTG limps, Asian male 30's-40's, has been fairly passive

Hero limps button with :5h::6h:

SB raises to 800, middle aged heavily tatooed and tanned guy, perhaps a former alcoholic or drug abuser based on appearance and shirt with psalms on it

Utg and hero call. 2700 in pot, flop is :3h::4h::9h:

SB checks, UTG rips all-in for 22k?????

Hero has 33k stack and???

We have the worst possible flush. Passive guy went all in. I suppose if we call and are behind, we have 2 outs to the straight flush.

Yeah, it's a call in my mind. Worse case, you have the draw. If he has a pair with the Ace of hearts... your ahead and still have outs.

Villain read is important. So is Hero's skill vs the field. Also, what is the alternative use of hero's time.

The more passive the villain, the more I want to fold.

The weaker the field, the more I want to fold.

If Hero doesn't have something fun on his to do list vs playing tournament poker, the more he want's to fold.

It is early. No reason to go bust even with a two out twice draw to a straight flush. If there was some sort of great high hand prize, that might tilt the decision.

Let's fold -=- DrStrange

With 4x blind bet and a jam. I'd lean towards thinking he has an over pair without a heart or trips. He's playing the odds on no flush and would hate to see a fourth heart come. call with confidence knowing the straight flush is possible even if he tables AKh

I figured his hand had to be:

Better flush (but small and doesn't want another heart to hit) in which case I have 1-2 outs for the straight flush

A set or two pair trying to protect from a flush hitting

Or AX or KX with the single heart

It took me awhile but I eventually folded and he showed a set of 3's so I was a 65% favorite if I got it in

Just felt like it was silly to call over 200 bb's in that spot and potentially drop my stack down to 11k

I had already fired three bullets in the earlier flight and couldn't win a single flip, ran QQ into KK blind vs blind to drop from 40k to 25k, lost two spots all-in against short stacks as a 65-70 favorite and just convinced myself this guy might have a weak but better flush

Yeah, I think you are a 2:1 favorite against a jamming range there -- I'd been a lot more concerned with a half-pot size bet than all-in for 10x pot. Most hands that have you beat already are betting for value, not trying to blow you off the hand, and none of the draws are better than 30% or so.

With 4x blind bet and a jam. I'd lean towards thinking he has an over pair without a heart or trips. He's playing the odds on no flush and would hate to see a fourth heart come. call with confidence knowing the straight flush is possible even if he tables AKh
SB raised pre-flop, UTG limped/called. SB checked flop, UTG jammed.

No way UTG shows up here with AKs or an overpair with TT+, as he would have repopped the SB's raise with position.... not to mention that he likely would not have limped in the first place.

What is SB's stack? Assuming we cover, I rejam here. Hero's limp on the BTN with 56hh might be something to think about, when deep Hero should certainly be raising here.

With the flopped flush, lets just get stacked if he has a better flush. Hero still has 11k or so to play at 100/200 blinds which is plenty. UTG could have sets that he's jamming, or with the :ah:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom