Flop the nuts with me from the button (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
$80 local tourney with 40K starting stacks, blinds at 25/50 with 15 minute levels.

Blinds are 50/100 and there's one limper, lady in the CO makes it 400

Hero calls on the button with :qd::th: calls. Total of 5 players see the flop:

:jd::9s::8d:
Pot: 2,000

checked to original raiser who bets 700, Hero?

I am never not-raising here. Give the diamond draw a free card? Are you crazy?

I like colter's 3k, maybe even a little more, like 3200.

$80 local tourney with 40K starting stacks, blinds at 25/50 with 15 minute levels.

checked to original raiser who bets 700, Hero raises to 2300, folds to EP player who cold calls, original raiser cold calls

Pot: 8,900

Turn: :7s:

Both villains check to me, Hero?

As played I'm thinking something close to pot here. Maybe 3/4 pot. I want that A10 of diamonds to pay alot to see the river.

checked to original raiser who bets 700, Hero raises to 2300, folds to EP player who cold calls, original raiser cold calls

Both villains check to me, Hero bets 6K, both villains call.

River: :5h:
Pot: 26,900

Checked to me, Hero?

Neither villain believed you had it on the turn and the river changed nothing. Jam all in.

I'm guessing one villain was on the K-high flush draw and missed and will fold while the other is holding a A-10 and will call.

In these spots I'm gunna jam it all in. If they were on draws they are folding to any bet. If they have a 10 they might call. Besides a 15k bet might even look stronger than a jam.

Both villains check to me, Hero bets 6K, both villains call.

River: :5h:
Pot: 26,900

Checked to me, Hero opts to bet 13K, the EP player calls, the original raiser reluctantly folds her :jh::js: faceup. The caller has :as::th: for the 2nd nut straight and Hero wins a nice pot. Thinking she probably would've stacked off if I shoved there too so kinda wishing I did.

I figured you were chopping with one of them, and A-10 for the loser. Nice hand.

I would think a chop is never happening. If one of them had Q 10 as well they would have re-raised the turn if not the flop because of the possible diamond draw and to get value from two pair or sets that could shut down on a turn card like the 7 that showed up.

Prefer a shove on the river as well. Very hard for any 10 to fold, even if they think they are chopping because of all the dead money in the pot already.

Yeah, I wasn't even thinking someone else had a Ten in their hand, I figured the original raiser for a set of some sort, but she was trying to lose the minimum given the action. The other lady I figured for a flush draw. So my river bet I was actually targeting the lady with the set, figuring I wanted to bet an amount she might call, thinking maybe I was semi-bluffing on the flop with a flush draw that whiffed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom