Game of Thrones (HBO Series - NO BOOK SPOILERS) (3 Viewers)

Could be better? Yes
Was a bad ending? Nope

I enjoyed the show.
I loved because there is no happy ending.
...and Bran manipulated everyone.

Jaime Lannister and Varys end was shit.
Daenerys dead was predictable, the question was who. Tyron, Jon and Arya were the potential killers

download.jpg
@BonScot @Perthmike @saleen121212 @Taghkanic look our sigil!

Well, the ending was more satisfying than I was expecting given how most of season 8 has gone down. Tied up things more or less nicely, though I'm left with a few lingering questions:

- With no more Night King or white walkers, and a large section of the wall down, can someone enlighten me as to why they still need Castle Black or the Watch?
Tyrion points out that there will always be a need for a place to send criminals and outcasts (or something to that effect). Most of the world did not believe in the Night king or white walkers, yet they still supported the wall as a place to send people that would otherwise be sentenced to death. Basically, it's excommunication.
- I understand that Sansa was pretty adamant about the North gaining independence, but it's seems like a fairly destabilizing decision to allow it? Sets a bit of a precedent should other Kingdoms also prefer to separate, yes?
My immediate response when Sansa said this, was "Wait, that's an option? Highgarden wants to change their selection to that. King Bronn!"

But the reality is she couldn't gain independence if Bran did not allow it. I assume he allowed it because it's his sister, and therefore second in line to the throne. Taking her out of the line of succession to the Seven Kingdoms prevents any sort of power struggle when Bran dies. They will have no option but to continue the "election" process. Therefore giving Sansa the North was the wise thing to do.

- Finally, given that it seemed implied that Bran knew he would be named King, what else did he know about and did he actively try, through his actions, to position himself in order to be named King? The "Bran is the Villian" idea that's going around makes some sense to me right now.
That's a hard call in a movie/TV series. In a book, you can always know exactly what a character is thinking, if the author wants you to know. In a film, you are restricted to conversations - which were not the way of the Three-Eyed Raven.

We watched Walking Dead through the end of last season. I honestly was done watching it after S2. My wife loved it. I only watched it because of her
IF you ever wonder how you got a catch like Colleen - that explains it. Watching TWD after Negan is the very definition of "worse" in the "For Better or for Worse" part of a wedding vow.

Danys death was the most cliche crap ever. No ones ever done the zoomed in kiss get stabbed oh wow surprise death before ‍♂️

The best thing about this season is the memes

6DC36439-A12F-42AF-B090-CF05199E4AF6.jpeg

6C6C33CB-9139-4F9C-8681-1F5C3CD51154.jpeg

Attachments

• 2C792264-6A89-4FED-AB3B-A49419B62A70.png
    2C792264-6A89-4FED-AB3B-A49419B62A70.png
    592.9 KB · Views: 114
  • CD22313B-D296-4DA6-AA4F-F77D603D35FD.jpeg
    CD22313B-D296-4DA6-AA4F-F77D603D35FD.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 119
Just watched it. John Snow got a raw deal. Grey worm is a dick (which is ironic). Sansa has become Nicola Sturgeon. Bran is so wooden he’s fused with his wheelchair. Overall better than the last few episodes and I was right about them forming a republic (kind of) so I’m feeling pleased with myself...

We watched it last night. I liked it better than ep5. Of course, that doesn't say a lot. I enjoyed a large part of the focus was on peter dinklage.

Just read on the newspapers that a guy in Bordeaux (France) put finale spoilers on the tramway ticket machines and tramway stops on Monday (early) morning.

:)

tumblr_o23nlcOgMa1sts1dho1_500.gif

Bran monte sur le trône = Bran ascend the throne
Jon bute Daenerys = Jon kills Daenerys

8076327_23bd8dcc-7b3b-11e9-9d3e-87d2b70a96f5-1_1000x625.jpg

Last edited:
Just read on the newspapers that a guy in Bordeaux (France) put finale spoilers on the tramway ticket machines and tramway stops on Monday (early) morning.

:)

tumblr_o23nlcOgMa1sts1dho1_500.gif

Bran monte sur le trône = Bran ascend the throne
Jon bute Daenerys = Jon kills Daenerys

8076327_23bd8dcc-7b3b-11e9-9d3e-87d2b70a96f5-1_1000x625.jpg
That’s funny. Imagine watching the show for 8 years, building up to bathe epic climax then seeing it stuck to a bus stop :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

So I watched the penultimate episode of the season last night. Boy, that Ned Stark fella has really got himself in a pickle, but with his plot armor I'm sure he'll wiggle his way out!
This first season has been great, can't wait to watch the second, I'm sure it'll be all about the white walkers!

It does kinda make me wonder if Benioff and Weiss have just seen their last days as Hollywood writers.

When they had something great to work from, it went swimmingly. Once they were on their own, complete meltdown. Who would hire them for a ground-up project?

It does kinda make me wonder if Benioff and Weiss have just seen their last days as Hollywood writers.

When they had something great to work from, it went swimmingly. Once they were on their own, complete meltdown. Who would hire them for a ground-up project?

I hope you're right, but I doubt we've seen the last of them. Remember there are people who still support this rubbish, and who keep watching Michael Bay movies, or going to Justin Bieber concerts (fuck you canada!!! USA USA USA!)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom