Game of Thrones (HBO Series - NO BOOK SPOILERS) (4 Viewers)

As a fan, for as much as I didn't really like the turn of events in episode 5. I thought the exact opposite about tonight's ending episode, and really liked and enjoyed watching it, and thought it was a fitting ending (after accepting the turn of events in episode 5).

Scenes with extended dialogue by Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) were one of the best things about this show from the start, and the last episode paid him tribute. Brienne filling in Jamie Lannister's page in the book of knights (which was a flashback to Season 3? when Joffrey mocked Jamie for not having a full page of deeds) was a nice touch, and something I had totally forgotten about.

56C3B49D-8389-4B1C-890A-2969746AAFD9.jpeg

5DED2C19-BA18-49BA-A6AA-B45CDFB90FA9.png

4515F83E-09D8-4072-89A4-7028751F769A.jpeg

Just have to say......as much as I enjoyed the entire series, the end suuuuuuuuuuucked.

Just have to say......as much as I enjoyed the entire series, the end suuuuuuuuuuucked.
Agreed. While being entertaining the drop off in quality just soured the whole thing. Will probably stop watching st S5 or S6 when I inevitably rewatch the series.

Tough to finish up a long running series and satisfy most people. I remember that a lot of people hated the finale of the Sopranos. The only recent long running series where it seemed like most people loved the final episode was Breaking Bad.

Tough to finish up a long running series and satisfy most people. I remember that a lot of people hated the finale of the Sopranos. The only recent long running series where it seemed like most people loved the final episode was Breaking Bad.

Even the controversial Sopranos ending made sense and was plausible, plus made you wonder or think.

This:

It is tough but many people feel they flopped the last two seasons (25% of the seasons) not just the absolute last scene of the series like in the Sorpanos - people were let down by not knowing not by what was known (latter being worse). Again absolutely the end is tough but it’s hard for me to name shows that dropped in quality more or had worse endings and this is - the #1, most popular, award winning, budget setting, show ever. Not like they had to slap it together in a weekend with a low end budget.

Was it Walking Dead bad?
I quit watching Walking Dead. I'm not a fool that watches stuff and complains about it - like that is going to change anything.

as for GoT...

I know it wasn't great. The series started out as a top 10 best of all-time show, and wrapped up as a top 33% best of all-time shows. I'll probably never rewatch the series, bit I enjoyed the ride.

I haven't seen it yet. After the last couple of seasons I'll watch it with low expectations.

I quit watching Walking Dead. I'm not a fool that watches stuff and complains about it

We watched Walking Dead through the end of last season. I honestly was done watching it after S2. My wife loved it. I only watched it because of her (she watches a lot of stupid shit with me lol). Even she was fed up after last season thank god.

I think Killing Eve is the best thing on television right now.

I know I've been one of the more vocal complainers about this series, but I really liked the last episode :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I'd read the spoilers two weeks ago and was very concerned with how they'd actually make this ending work, but fuck it I liked it a lot.

They may have butchered series 7 and episodes 3-5 of this season, but I think that's how it needed to end. Clearly from the start it was always going to end with a system of council rulers or King by vote, otherwise the wheel wasn't broken.

They may have gotten their via a slightly different and more poorly written route, but that's a George Martin ending.

I'm just sad they didn't start the TV series until after the books were finished.

And now that it's ended, tomorrow I'm going on holiday. #whengotislife

Well, the ending was more satisfying than I was expecting given how most of season 8 has gone down. Tied up things more or less nicely, though I'm left with a few lingering questions:

- With no more Night King or white walkers, and a large section of the wall down, can someone enlighten me as to why they still need Castle Black or the Watch?

- I understand that Sansa was pretty adamant about the North gaining independence, but it's seems like a fairly destabilizing decision to allow it? Sets a bit of a precedent should other Kingdoms also prefer to separate, yes?

- Finally, given that it seemed implied that Bran knew he would be named King, what else did he know about and did he actively try, through his actions, to position himself in order to be named King? The "Bran is the Villian" idea that's going around makes some sense to me right now.

All in all, fantastic books, and an extremely good series, especially the early seasons up until about Season 5. I would have preferred they had spent more time finishing the story, as I feel an extra season, or more episodes in seasons 7 and 8 would have at least allowed for more story development in getting to the end game. Now, bring on those last two books already, dammit...

Could be better? Yes
Was a bad ending? Nope

I enjoyed the show.
I loved because there is no happy ending.
...and Bran manipulated everyone.

Jaime Lannister and Varys end was shit.
Daenerys dead was predictable, the question was who. Tyron, Jon and Arya were the potential killers

download.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom