Game of Thrones (HBO Series - NO BOOK SPOILERS) (3 Viewers)

Oh and Dany burning the city. She get lost on the way to the red keep? You know where her enemy is?

I understand she needs to go nuts. But she’s staring at the red keep like she knows that’s where she need to go to kill Cersei but then just gets sidetracked on the way.

Couldn’t she fly to the red keep and try kill Cersei. Cersei escapes and THEN Danys frustrations and anger explodes and starts burning the city?

Rant over.

For now anyway.

Oh and Dany burning the city. She get lost on the way to the red keep? You know where her enemy is?

I understand she needs to go nuts. But she’s staring at the red keep like she knows that’s where she need to go to kill Cersei but then just gets sidetracked on the way.

Couldn’t she fly to the red keep and try kill Cersei. Cersei escapes and THEN Danys frustrations and anger explodes and starts burning the city?

Rant over.

For now anyway.
Would have been funny if that gave Cersei enough time to get out with Jamie and back to Casterly rock.

Rant over.

For now anyway.
Hahaha I agree with everything you said, but I'm afraid I ranted myself out about episodes 3 and 4.

So many things were right about this episode, but the rushed way it got there ruined it.

But nothing tops dany randomly turning into a genocidal maniac. One snap decision that leads to many deaths I could understand, but 20 minutes of casual burning is stupid.

I don't know if this article was posted, but it was a good read, and made me think of this thread.

I'm glad you asked:

1. THE Wall is made of solid ice, not stone, for one. https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/The_Wall And "for two", that was an undead dragon, which had a different sort of fire that the books haven't really tackled yet. But like the showrunners have continually done, they took significant liberties to just push through the wall rather than having the horn mentioned in the books come into play

2. In the history of Harrenhall, we learn that the stone cracked and melted from the dragon fire, it didn't just erupt in a Michael Bay-esque explosion meant only to serve a cinematic purpose https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Burning_of_Harrenhal

View attachment 287301

The showrunners have perverted just about everything that made this show great. Jaimie Lannister went from a cocky villain to a reformed man who found honor and chose a different path. Then we're to just accept at the last second the sister he abandoned he suddenly wishes to return to and he just decides he's going to throw away the entire redemption arc that has spanned multiple seasons to do so. Gimme a break, that is absolutely piss-poor writing and a slap in the face for GOT fans who actually paid attention to character development

Dany going mad-queen I get, although the speed at which she descends into madness was way too fast to make much sense. She goes from a champion of freeing the oppressed to becoming an out-of-control psychopath.

Tyrion Lannister, the voice of reason and logic just decides he's going to have faith in this blatantly changing and darker Dany and turn in Varys (not to mention how the hell did Dany even find out before Tyrion spilled?)

The Hound suddenly forgets he's afraid of fire as the dragon lays it down above him and the city burns all around him?

The Lanister soldiers are like stormtroopers in this battle while everyone in Dany's army is like a jedi, mowing down 8 of them at a time and that's supposed to be believable? I think the Lannister soldiers killed under a handful of their attackers while they were all just slaughtered like fish in a barrel, putting up barely any resistance.

Dany carpet bombing an entire fleet and city prepared with Scorpions to fend off her one dragon (suddenly the massive fleet seems to only have one scorpion on it, on the lead ship, and no one else is firing, and the magical aim they had in their ambush in the previous episode has disappeared and they can't hit squat now) completely flies in the face of what they wanted us to believe in the previous episode the Scorpions were capable of. They went from overpowered to completely useless (and massively unused) just for the sheer cinematic spectacle of it.

The whole series has devolved into a mindless foray into showcasing what the showrunners believe to be "cool" moments, and has thrown out any semblance of maintaining continuity with the characters and storylines that have brought us to this point. It's like they threw the entire history of the show in the trash and said "nah, forget everything you watched previously, we're just going to do it this way cuz itz kool!"

The Faith Militant in this thread defending this absolute shit-show is maddening
I guess you won’t be watching the last episode?

if your favorite team starts bombing in the playoffs do you stop watching? hell no. you yell at them to play better! :D

Indeed. I'll do one better even.

My favorite team (the Edmonton Oilers) has missed even making the playoffs in 12 of the past 13 seasons. Does it suck? Heck yes. Do I stop watching? Heck no. Hell, I even flew to Sweden to watch them play the first game of the season (and lose, of course).

Indeed. I'll do one better even.

My favorite team (the Edmonton Oilers) has missed even making the playoffs in 12 of the past 13 seasons. Does it suck? Heck yes. Do I stop watching? Heck no. Hell, I even flew to Sweden to watch them play the first game of the season (and lose, of course).
Yeah, I know the feeling. I live in the Seattle area. Our baseball team (the Mariners) have the longest playoff drought in all of US pro sports. Haven't been there since 2001.

if your favorite team starts bombing in the playoffs do you stop watching? hell no. you yell at them to play better! :D
Well... you watch, but then in the off-season you beg they fire the coach. Although in this GOT analogy, it's like you're rooting for the Montreal Expos in their last season in 2004, (before they moved to DC and became the Nationals).

Another good one from the Onion:
https://entertainment.theonion.com/...ite&utm_source=theonion_copy&utm_campaign=top

I'll just post the article, it's short:

‘Game Of Thrones’ Showrunners Disappointed With How Quality Of Fans Has Dropped Off Over Past Couple Seasons
LOS ANGELES—Saying their once-beloved viewers have lost much of their luster in recent years, Game Of Thrones showrunners D.B. Weiss and David Benioff acknowledged Friday they have been frustrated with the way fans of the HBO series have declined in quality over the past few seasons. “During the show’s first couple of years, our viewers showed a lot of promise and challenged our assumptions about what a fan base could be,” Benioff told reporters, lamenting the fact that when Game Of Thrones moved past George R.R. Martin’s original source material, the show’s supporters began to lose coherence and now barely resemble the industry-defining audience they once were. “At this point, however, they’ve become a tired cliché. It’s hard to watch them lose everything that made us love them in the first place. Nothing they do makes any sense anymore, and it just seems like they want the show to be over with as quickly as possible. It’s pretty sad, to be honest.” At press time, Benioff and Weiss expressed regret that they failed to do more to prevent the fans from becoming so unbelievably shitty.

Wait a minute....wasn't the iron throne inside the Red Keep? More lazy writing, or feasible that the destruction of last week wasn't total?

Wait a minute....wasn't the iron throne inside the Red Keep? More lazy writing, or feasible that the destruction of last week wasn't total?

The way I interpreted it was, in that moment (or perhaps even before the battle), that Dany had given up on her dream of being Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. She realized that everyone feared and/or hated her... they would never love her like one of their own, and thus she resolved to simply destroy them.

In the scene where she executes Varys she even leaves "Queen of the Seven Kingdoms" out of her list of titles.

The way this season has developed though, who the heck knows...

i don’t know what you’re talking about, that was the best ending to any show ever and if it wasn’t, it’s no one who worked on the shows fault, they had a really tough job to do and they did the best they could and we shouldn’t have even expected an ending, should just be grateful we got one! - every GOT apologist ever :banghead:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom