Game of Thrones (HBO Series - NO BOOK SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Hey look! It's Ed Sheeran!

fonzie-jumped-shark.jpg

Great start to the penultimate season, even the Ed Sheeran cameo was kind of neat, even though I'm not a fan of his music. Euron Greyjoy was the best part for me, but I'm pretty biased to liking all things Kraken in the series. :)

Hey look! It's Ed Sheeran!

View attachment 109245

Fucking genius. Arya's opening with the Freys was painfully predictable but still enjoyable

For once I found myself enjoying Jon Snow's character. Previously for me he was just so uninteresting, but I felt he shined in the scene arguing with Sansa.

The Hound throwback to the father & daughter he killed was cool. And I always get a kick out of Tormund staring at Brienne

Surprised there hasn't been anything in this thread for almost a month. Fantastic episode last Sunday!

Yeah, I haven't even been talking about it much at work, despite the fact that the season has been great so far. Dunno. Maybe there's not much left to say other than "that battle was just awesome".

The behind the scenes video is great too. Really made me appreciate all the practical effects.

Maybe there's not much left to say other than "that battle was just awesome".
The behind the scenes video is great too. Really made me appreciate all the practical effects.
Agree with you and @Chippy McChiperson, great episode. In general, I'm not a big fan of battle scenes, but that episode battle was awesome. Watched it twice already.
And thanks for posting the behind the scenes vid link!

Looking forward to the next episodes. I've rewatched a lot of the past seasons earlier this year, and one plot line that I hadn't remembered was that when the Red Woman met Arya along with the Brotherhood Without Banners (BWB) place, she looks Arya in the eye and tells her "....we will meet again." And in another episode, Arya's list included the Red Woman, and the 2 main BWB guys -- Beric Dondarrion and Thoros of Myr. [p.s. I really didn't know what their names were until I googled them.]

feel like they've been on fast-forward since last season, not really enjoying it. They've made the two key characters (Snow and Khaleesi) unlikeable. At least there's side characters that are entertaining to watch, but overall this show fell out of grace after Season 3.

There are flashes of enjoyment still in there, the battle scene was fun, kinda Braveheart-ish, but overall meh.

Saw this the other day and cracked up:

Hello, who's this?

Ben

Ben who?

Ben D. Knee

bend.png

Reactions: Nex
at least we now know why Hodor keeps saying Hodor!

Only just got into GoT, binge-watched all six series in about 5 days, so apols for the necro-post.

Re "at least we know etc etc"

In-universe it's asked a few times, and no one knows. Bran even shows surprise in the flashback that Hodor used to be able to talk.

The thing that irks me is that the first time he asks that, wouldn't about fifteen people say, "he was normal but then one day he had a fit, and kept repeating "Hold the door! Hold the door" until finally it became just "Hodor."

So I just watched the leaked episode (episode 6)....

really really really piss poor. And I say this as someone who started reading this series more than 15 years ago and has loved it up until this point. Praying that GRRM's book version will redeem this.

Holly batman Robin. What an episode. I can't believe that what's his face killed what's his face.

I like

Cersies plan to let her foes whittle one another down while she reclaims lands and power.

If the dragons, unsullied and dothraki fail to stop the dead, it's unlikely her own forces would have made much of a difference

However, if they do stop the dead, the usurpers are definetly going to be weakened and vulnerable, while she will have increased her position

See you all next year (or possibly 2019). It's going to be a long wait....

got7.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a boatload of fantastic predictions for the final season. If even one or two of them turn out to be right, it's going to be a terrific sendoff for the series.

I’m so pumped for the new season. I’ve just started my third run through the tv series in preparation for the new one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom