Game of Thrones (HBO Series - NO BOOK SPOILERS) (2 Viewers)

How the fuck did Varys teleport his ass from Dorne back onto Khaleesi's ship in Mereen????

141626.png

Keep in mind, he and Tyrion took the long way, through horse carriage, and God only knows how, after Tyrion was hijacked by Jorah.

What boils my piss, is that there was never passage in the show, with Varys and Daenarys meeting, since he was conspired to assassinate her, via Jorah Mormont. He just happen to be on ship with them now, en route to Westeros. How convenient.

I think Jamie will now become the Queenslayer.

Queen of Thorns was brilliant as usual, Lyanna Mormont continues to impress for such a young age. Snow's brooding continues to bore. Davos Seaworth was great confronting Melisandre (I'm guessing she goes south and crosses paths with Khaleesi at some point). Bron hilarious as always. Bran, just get in the fucking tree and stop tying up screentime, nobody likes you, you're like the Wesley Crusher of GoT.

Did you notice how Jaimie kept looking at the girl who was checking him out (who turned out to be Arya), but not in a way like he was interested in her (sexually). I thought that was really interesting.

I couldn't interpret Jamie or Cersei's looks in the final iron throne shot. Can he really overlook/overcome/sublimate all his other feelings for his sister lust now?

LOL Anthony -- Bran = Wesley Crusher of GoT.

Well the last two episodes were certainly some of the best of the season. Loved seeing Tommen take that dive. All my desire to see Cersei best the High Sparrow, et al., was squelched as soon as I saw that she was willing to commit genocide not only to get out from under his thumb, but to ascend to power herself. Although I suppose we're to believe that she had no inkling that Tommen would jacknife into the ground.

Loved seeing Jaime look on her with repulsed puzzlement and seeing her return the look, knowing his exact reaction. Looking forward to Jaime teaming up with Tyrion and Daenerys when they come to sack King's Landing. And certainly looking forward to Arya continue her reign of terror. Not sure what will come of Littlefinger's brooding.

Overall, though, I'm starting to see a natural "end" in sight for the series.

Oh and also...

Looking forward to the finale of this election year:

XfZ3Jqq.png

Thought we had him done away with in the primary, but the guy's hard to kill:

UPgwwon.png

Don't forget we found out it was confirmed that Jon Snow's mother is Lyanna Stark.

It feels like everyone has been so sure of that for so long that it's easy to forget it's so significant. I guess now we'll see if GRRM lets it play out as everyone has anticipated since the theory became widely known.

Yet another P.S., have we become immune to surprise on this show? I complained recently that the show had lost its balls insofar as it has protected all the main characters from death for some time now, but I have more or less been taught to enter an episode with no expectation. So while I didn't expect at the start of the episode for Cersei to best everyone plotting her fate, I can't say it was really taken aback when it happened. Though the wildfire sequence was quite technically impressive. I loved the whooshing green.

Also, I think I have lost track of what is known to the Greyjoys and with whom they currently intend to ally themselves. Anyone care to fill me it? About to google it, but sometimes these things aren't so easily google-able.

Yet another P.S., have we become immune to surprise on this show? I complained recently that the show had lost its balls insofar as it has protected all the main characters from death for some time now, but I have more or less been taught to enter an episode with no expectation. So while I didn't expect at the start of the episode for Cersei to best everyone plotting her fate, I can't say it was really taken aback when it happened. Though the wildfire sequence was quite technically impressive. I loved the whooshing green.

Also, I think I have lost track of what is known to the Greyjoys and with whom they currently intend to ally themselves. Anyone care to fill me it? About to google it, but sometimes these things aren't so easily google-able.

I dunno, I was surprised at a couple points. I was expecting Margaery to escape, and Tommen to actually have it out with Cersei. Not surprised at all about r+l=j at this point, though. Curious to see if bran will be able to convince anyone else.

Oh yeah - duh - they're on board with the Queen of Dragons. I completely spaced on the scene last week during which Yara pretty much propositioned Daenerys (which would be a welcome development imo).

I dunno, I was surprised at a couple points. I was expecting Margaery to escape, and Tommen to actually have it out with Cersei. Not surprised at all about r+l=j at this point, though. Curious to see if bran will be able to convince anyone else.

Yeah I would imagine the Three-Eyed Raven will be given some measure of credibility by whichever faction ends up needing to believe him.

The NYT recap I just read had some funny lines:

"The North is finally rallying around Jon, led by the excellent Lady Mormont. 'The blood of Ned Stark runs through his veins,' Lady Mormont said. Yeah… about that…"

And it had some keen observations:

"Indeed, whether because 1) “Game of Thrones” has surpassed George R.R. Martin’s intricate plotting, 2) the story has become too big and obsessively covered, or 3) we’ve become wiser to the ways of the writers, the big moves this season seemed broader and more clearly telegraphed. Examples include Jon Snow’s return, certainly, but also the Hound’s return, Arya’s dispatching of the Waif, Ramsay’s death and the Knights of the Vale’s last-second battle-swinging attack in last week’s Battle of the Bastards."

He didn't, he told Tyrion he would return with ships. There was a time lapse between when we last saw him in Dorne until we saw him in the ship.

Yeah, I think we need to get accustomed to the big time jumps within the series, just so they can more the story along, and get everyone in their proper place.

I think the story is so complex that whenever something big is going to happen the writers feel they need to remind everyone of the historical significance by showing the "previously on GOT" previews. This tips off many of the surprises for me at the beginning of the show.

I just read somewhere that the books have hinted at there being a horn that summons the Krakon (and in the show it may very well be something that Euron has at his disposal). It'd definitely elevate the greyjoys into the big leagues with house Targaryen (Danarys), house Lanister (Cercei) and house Stark (Jon/Sansa), and it would add yet another epic fantasy element to a show that is finally embracing dragons and zombies.

How the fuck did Varys teleport his ass from Dorne back onto Khaleesi's ship in Mereen????

141626.png

This

He didn't, he told Tyrion he would return with ships. There was a time lapse between when we last saw him in Dorne until we saw him in the ship.

I re watched the last scene because me and the wife were WTF. You can see boats with Dorne and Tyrell sails.

They fit a lot into the last episode which I thought was good. You can finally see and ending in sight.

Tommen jumps. I thought cersei would somehow cause his death, she didn't seem to surprised, almost like yeah ok. She continues on her path of self destruction.

Arya is back kicking ass.

Bran still can't walk. But looks like a Stark reunion will happen shortly.

Jon finally gets what he has always deeply wanted, winterfell. But if Bran returns will that change things.

Almost shed a tear when Tyrion was made hand of the Queen. Go Imp.

Samwell, hopefully his story has a point soon.

We've all seen (and liked) these so many times:

Tyrion_slaps_Joffrey.gif

Now, let's enjoy this:

TommenJump.gif

Another brat gets it...

I love dragons, so I will love season 7. And me too can't wait Arya to snipe people down in her own way.
And, of course, Jamie and Tyrion possible team up...
And especially....her:

EC.jpg

We've all seen (and liked) these so many times:

View attachment 46390

Now, let's enjoy this:

View attachment 46391

Another brat gets it...

I love dragons, so I will love season 7. And me too can't wait Arya to snipe people down in her own way.
And, of course, Jamie and Tyrion possible team up...
And especially....her:

View attachment 46392

Lol so true - the Tommen dive is the new Joffrey slap.

Although there is one more thing in your post above I'd like to slap...

For all his intricate machinations and maneuverings, Littlefinger's pulling technique ain't so slick

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom