FREE loan of Paulson clay and Bud Jones plastic samples, especially for new chippers! See inside for rules.... (5 Viewers)

I think we'll need to keep this package circulating in the USA, or where USPS will ship in FRBs at domestic rates. Cross border/cross country is way too much hassle.
That's probably fair. Paying the extra money wasn't a huge deal, it was just unexpected.

So I know what to ask for at the USPS store next week, what is an FRB? Flat Rate Box?

Hm. I can probably just point at the box its in now.

@allforcharity I just had a thought. If I put my Canadian return address on the box, and the package doesn't reach @AmbientLight , then it'll "import" into Canada again. I actually am not even sure USPS will let me do that (return address in a different country).

Would you mind DMing me your address so I can put that down as the return address?

Update: Canada Post will not allow a return address that is not within Canada, so I have to assume USPS will be the same.

Last edited:
@allforcharity I just had a thought. If I put my Canadian return address on the box, and the package doesn't reach @AmbientLight , then it'll "import" into Canada again. I actually am not even sure USPS will let me do that (return address in a different country).

Would you mind DMing me your address so I can put that down as the return address?

Update: Canada Post will not allow a return address that is not within Canada, so I have to assume USPS will be the same.

Yeah no problem.

The best way to keep this going efficiently is to have a healthy list for sign-ups. So, all newer US-based members who want to sample a diverse set of higher end chips, just post your interest here, not by PM.

Chips update:

#5 - there are 7 instead of 5
#6 - there are 6 instead of 5
#9 - there are 7 instead of 5
#13 - there are 8 instead of 5
#14 - there are 3 instead of 2
#17 - there are 6 instead of 5
#19 - all 6 chips are present, but it's one each of various denominations
#20 - there are 7 instead of 5
#22 - not an update, just a note that this chip is _weird_
#26 - present, but is a 25 cent denomination not $1 per the sheet. 25 cent is confirmed by the photo in the sheet though, so just a sheet typo
#27 - MISSING
#29 - 5 of the 11 are a matching set of 500s, the other 6 are various denominations including a 500 that's a different shade of pink
#33 - all 8 chips are present, but it's one each of various denominations
#36 - someone(s) added 2x $1 and 2x $25 unicorn chips I'll add a photo
@allforcharity I'm not sure if you're the owner of the Google sheet that the QR code in the box links to. If you are, please consider making the above updates? @AmbientLight can confirm them.

@allforcharity I'm not sure if you're the owner of the Google sheet that the QR code in the box links to. If you are, please consider making the above updates? @AmbientLight can confirm them.

No, I have nothing to do with Google docs. The reason that many of the quantities are different is that there used to be a 2nd US-based sample set, but USPS damaged the box and many of the chips were lost in transit, we I decided to combine what was left with the 1st one. At least it allows for a slightly taller stack to evaluate some light shuffling.

I can take a photo of the chips that arrived if someone wants to identify them, I wouldn't trust myself to identify all the chips with my limited experience.

I can take a photo of the chips that arrived if someone wants to identify them, I wouldn't trust myself to identify all the chips with my limited experience.
The google sheet (link in my previous post) behind the QR code in the box has photos. I posted a photo of the unicorn chips that was missing.

Hello, new member here. I'd be interested in checking out the sample set!

I'm new here. I believe what you are doing is outstanding, and like @dutch_whaley, I'm a little overwhelmed with all this forum has to offer. If I may, I'll hold off on accepting your offer until I have enough medication and therapy to correct my debilitating spilling and breaking character flaws.

I have the set that is being circulated in the US.

@floeICE, can you send me a PM with your address and I'll send them on your way.
I sent you a PM last week. Not sure if the chips are already in the mail yet or not, but I will be out of the country for 2 weeks starting the end of the week. I will have someone collecting my mail/packages while I am gone, but it may be best to hold off on sending them to me if you haven’t already yet.

My neighbor grabbed the package for me on Thursday. I won’t be able to send it for another 2 weeks, but it also looks like no one else is waiting for the chips right now. Thank you @allforcharity and @AmbientLight!

Chips are in the mail to @Biznasty

For future mailings, I would highly recommend that the sender get the correct NAME and address to mail to. The package that was sent to me was left in our apartment lobby because my wife thought it was sent to us in error.

I have received the chips! Happy with my past self for having asked for a look at this massive Sample Set; it has brought to my attention so many different quarks that prior to holding the chips I'd never begin to notice saving me so much time and money. Would 10/10 recommend for any new PCF member. I LOVE the WPS chips and hope to have my own sample set one day. :unsure:

I don't see anyone in line to ship these chips too, but will be ready to ship them this coming weekend.

I have received the chips! Happy with my past self for having asked for a look at this massive Sample Set; it has brought to my attention so many different quarks that prior to holding the chips I'd never begin to notice saving me so much time and money. Would 10/10 recommend for any new PCF member. I LOVE the WPS chips and hope to have my own sample set one day. :unsure:

I don't see anyone in line to ship these chips too, but will be ready to ship them this coming weekend.

Just hold on to them until someone requests them. Just don't forget about them.

I currently have sample chips from Apache and BPC and sample labels from Gear and Mule just arrived today. I've been going back and forth and back and forth between trying to decide on what to order and finally realized that what my problem is is that I don't have enough choices! :wtf::wtf::wtf:

I'd love to get added to the list to check out these samples. How does this work?

I currently have sample chips from Apache and BPC and sample labels from Gear and Mule just arrived today. I've been going back and forth and back and forth between trying to decide on what to order and finally realized that what my problem is is that I don't have enough choices! :wtf::wtf::wtf:

I'd love to get added to the list to check out these samples. How does this work?

Just keep posting until you have convo privileges. Then @Biznasty can PM you for your address and forward the sample package.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom