FREE loan of Paulson clay and Bud Jones plastic samples, especially for new chippers! See inside for rules.... (3 Viewers)

I would love to be next. But... Australia. Never been in the same room as a Paulson... cos Australia.

Maybe I need to have a midlife crisis and move to chipper paradise of northern America. Hmm, US or Canada?

Hey! Just found this link now! Is there still a set circulating in Canada?

Unfortunately no, there is not. The last member that had the Canadian sample went incommunicado. And USPS basically destroyed the 2nd USA set. So only 1 left in the USA.

I suppose you can get the set back into Canada, but you'd have to pay for shipping to come in (minus $8), and then all the shipping going out. It would be up to you if you think it's worth it.

Thanks! I just received the chips in the mail. The chips are very impressive. Shuffling the PAN C&Js feel and sound amazing, and the Imperial Plaza Resort 43mm chips are very nice. Is there a special name for that type of ceramic? It feels smoother than the average ceramic chip.

(I thought Hat and Cane mold was exclusive to Paulsen but Cristy and Jones use them too? I think I prefer the feel and sound of C&J over Paulsens even.)

Last edited:
Thanks! I just received the chips in the mail. The chips are very impressive. Shuffling the PAN paulsens feel and sound amazing, and the Imperial Plaza Resort 43mm chips are very nice. Is there a special name for that type of ceramic? It feels smoother than the average ceramic chip.

(I thought Hat and Cane mold was exclusive to Paulsen but Cristy and Jones use them too? I think I prefer the feel and sound of CAJ over Paulsens even.)

Imperial Plaza are 43mm chips from SunFly, who is a Forum Vendor. They have been used for a couple PCF group buys, search for the "Prestige" and "Imperial Plaza" info. I think the Prestige line is now a stock item.

Checked in on this thread to catch up on the success of @allforcharity 's great initiative. Damn what a disappointment. UPS incidents are one thing but stealing a sample that is meant for circulation to new members is low.

At least 1 set is still in circulation and hopefully it lasts well into the future!

Too many pages to read them all but I saw a few offers to add chips and I'd like to as well but the set does look pretty big already.
Maybe split into two sets?
I'd be happy to send some.

Last edited:
Are there any sets for Canada left? I would be interested in checking them out

No, unfortunately not.

Too many pages to read them all but I saw a few offers to add chips and I'd like to as well but the set does look pretty big already.
Maybe split into two sets?
I'd be happy to send some.

Nothing to add for now. Not splitting.

Great thread!! I do wish i lived on your side of the water :) :)
Maybe start a "Euro" version of this??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom