Four Suits (1 Viewer)

MoscowRadio

Flush
Reaction score
I've always loved Jason Black's 'Four Suits' design, and I know many of you fellow chippers do as well. For the last few months I've been in talks with the owner and proprietor of the original group buy that took place over at CT to acquire the ownership rights of the design for myself. After several months of negotiating, I can finally say that I now own all the rights to the Four Suits design.

My intention was to achieve two things. First, I wanted to use the artwork for myself, but I also thought that this design was too good not to be opened up to the public. I know that the original group buy did not go as planned and it's just been sitting in files doing nothing, so here's what I'd like to happen: anyone, yes ANYONE, who is interested in using this design is free to do so at no charge. The only thing that I ask is that you PM me before you use it and discuss with me its use and any alterations that you may wish to make. Other than that, I want this design to be essentially the property of all the members here.

Now let's put this design on some more chips!

Four%20Suits%20Final%20-%20No%20denom%20No%20gradient_zpson6m3xhz.png

Last edited:
can we see some art.chips etc. I am ill-informed on the four suits work

I'm in for a ceramic GB, particularly if the design can be *slightly* altered on some of them to make them semi-customs. I'd like to do a limit set to the tune of about 1500-1600 if the price is right.

How about a Protege-like spread of denoms? If someone does a good base artwork, would be easy to tweak a bit for personalization.

I now own all the rights to the Four Suits design.
I want this design to be essentially the property of all the members here.

Great news, James! Glad to see this finally came about..... and thank you for your efforts and patience in making it happen.

Very Cool! and very cool of you to let us use it. I always liked this design as well. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Don't ask. :mad:

Actually, the four suits mold is owned by MPatton (holdempokerchips.com), who was unwilling to allow it's use (previous conflicts with BCC, I think).

The original group buy effort planned on using the TFP mold..... before it was derailed at the last minute by the previous artwork owner because of costs (10c/chip), and the chips were subsequently produced on BCC's flame mold (in much smaller numbers, due to canceled orders). It was a real cluster-you-know-what.

Last edited:
Actually, the four suits mold is owned by MPatton (holdempokerchips.com), who was unwilling to allow it's use (previous conflicts with BCC, I think).

The original group buy effort planned on using the TFP mold..... before it was derailed at the last minute by the previous artwork owner because of costs (10c/chip), and the chips were subsequently produced on BCC's flame mold (in much smaller numbers, due to canceled orders). It was a real cluster-you-know-what.

Sad that something that should have been such a no-brainer turned into an awful experience. Could and should have been so much more spectacular (but I still like a lot of what was produced!).

I don't suppose the four suits mold is compatible w/CPC's processes?

Nope. And I wouldn't be surprised if it got swept up in the GPI acquisition of BCC assets, like several other hobbyist-owned molds that disappeared.

I have a rack of the original blue quarters. Nice chips, going on the sale block soon. GPI has been the force in driving us all to the CPC banner, taking away all our options one by one. Well except TRK, who left the business on their own terms.

Bummer.

still fascinated by this design,
Could be interested by incoming gb

Are the original artwork files available? I don't mean post them but just wondering if design have to be recreated from scratch or if those can be expanded upon.

Oh, and since we're designing things, I'm a sucker for a DB. I'll volunteer up front to run a GB for FS DB's!

I'd definitely be interested in a DB or 2, and possibly in other projects with this design.

I actually owned some of these for a while. Although the monochrome design looks good, I wondered why it wasn't tried in black and red? I think that would look cool.

Are the original artwork files available? I don't mean post them but just wondering if design have to be recreated from scratch or if those can be expanded upon.

Oh, and since we're designing things, I'm a sucker for a DB. I'll volunteer up front to run a GB for FS DB's!

I have all of the artwork files, and I've already got a few dealer buttons mocked-up. (y) :thumbsup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom