Former Set: TR King Suicide King Club (1 Viewer)

They are amazing Mel!! I hope they get some felt time!!! I would love to play a round with those beauties some day!!

I hosted a tourney with them this year. The set isn't big, and when I had a few cancellations turning my 2-table tourney into a single table -- I turned lemons into lemonade, and used the opportunity to use this set (which can only spread 1 table). I went with T100 as the smallest chip, because I wanted to use the secondary T500s (my favorite chip on the planet), which doesn't go well with the T25. But it was a tough choice, because those T25s are so awesome too -- and the primary T500 isn't so shabby :)

If I had only discovered chipping a few years before I did....oh, the TRK sets I would have. So sad, giant missed almost-opportunity.

stacks.jpeg

I hosted a tourney with them this year. The set isn't big, and when I had a few cancellations turning my 2-table tourney into a single table -- I turned lemons into lemonade, and used the opportunity to use this set (which can only spread 1 table). I went with T100 as the smallest chip, because I wanted to use the secondary T500s (my favorite chip on the planet), which doesn't go well with the T25. But it was a tough choice, because those T25s are so awesome too -- and the primary T500 isn't so shabby :)

If I had only discovered chipping a few years before I did....oh, the TRK sets I would have. So sad, giant missed almost-opportunity.

View attachment 360627
I hope the lucky few playing knew what gems they were playing with!! Awesome story and definitely cool that they got a little felt time!!! I hear you are doing just fine in the TRK world!!! Lol maybe someday I will try to catch up but i don't think i will ever have the funds!!! Thanks for the Pron share!!

I hope the lucky few playing knew what gems they were playing with!!

I make my players sit through a 1-2 minute "here is the story about tonight's chips", before each tournament. I think they were humoring me at first, by listening. But I wanted them to at least notice the awesomeness they were tossing around the table. By about the 5th or 6th game, they were asking for it -- we were about to start the game, and they said, "HEY, tell us about the chips!". I loved that :)

I managed to run an entire 10-game tourney league this year, and never use the same chips twice. That won't ever happen again, since I have since sold all but 4 of those sets. But it was a fun year :)

Good job Mel. I like to educate my ignorant players too.

Love this set.

One of my favorite sets. So glad that you have some, Mel. I was around on the Blue Wall when this GB happened and regret not getting in on it. This regret is only 2nd to not getting a custom TRK set in the months before Dennis shuttered.

Has anyone ever considered a Suicide King set on the CPC small crown? Who owns the design? Or is that not cool to make them again?

I know that the colors could never match how vibrant the TRK palette is, but. Might be cool. :rolleyes:

I make my players sit through a 1-2 minute "here is the story about tonight's chips", before each tournament. I think they were humoring me at first, by listening. But I wanted them to at least notice the awesomeness they were tossing around the table. By about the 5th or 6th game, they were asking for it -- we were about to start the game, and they said, "HEY, tell us about the chips!". I loved that :)

I managed to run an entire 10-game tourney league this year, and never use the same chips twice. That won't ever happen again, since I have since sold all but 4 of those sets. But it was a fun year :)
That is awesome Mel. I need to start educating my players the same way.
They have no idea the awesomeness they’re holding in their hands and splashing pots with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom