Old TR King member back on board (1 Viewer)

thxpoker

Waiting List
Reaction score
I am an old member who hasn’t been online or active for almost 20 years. The pic is my custom TR king cash set that I bought. It’s a very unique set as it was the final group buy that they offered. I had to convince the owner to scrape together enough clay to do my $0.25 chips as he didn’t think he had enough clay left. Thankfully he had enough so I was able to keep my custom colors. I’ve been hosting for over 20 years now and we typically just play tournaments so these chips have not seen much action. Over the years, I was able to pick up a few more chips to add to the collection 60 of the yellow quarters, 30 of the blue dollars and 40 of the $25. I would be interested in talking with other members who purchased chips from this group buy as well as other TR King enthusiasts.
IMG_4526.jpeg
IMG_4524.jpeg
IMG_4525.jpeg

Welcome!
I am the guy that was the GB organizer of that GB back on CT. I did pretty much the same as you, but wasn't gone quite as long. I have about 800 of the Kings Crowns & of course mine are not exactly the same as yours as far as all the colors and inserts. I don't have a good pic of all of them together, but mine look like this:

Welcome!
I am the guy that was the GB organizer of that GB back on CT. I did pretty much the same as you, but wasn't gone quite as long. I have about 800 of the Kings Crowns & of course mine are not exactly the same as yours as far as all the colors and inserts. I don't have a good pic of all of them together, but mine look like this:
Beautiful chips! I can’t thank you enough for hosting this group buy back in the day. I’m kicking myself for not ordering a tournament set at the same time. After playing with these chips it’s really tough to try and find a tournament set I’m satisfied with. The problem is, I host a weekly tournament series with around 20 players. A really nice set would cost a fortune. What do you guys recommend for a decent set of custom chips? I currently use around 1,600 chips as my players And I like having a big starting stack.

Hello and welcome back!

You mat be glad to know that TRK's Small and Large Crown mold cup have been purchased and licensed by CPC, so they can manufacture similar clay chips even nowadays.
Good to know. How is pricing these days for chips similar to this if I wanted to put together a tournament set?

I am an old member who hasn’t been online or active for almost 20 years. The pic is my custom TR king cash set that I bought. It’s a very unique set as it was the final group buy that they offered. I had to convince the owner to scrape together enough clay to do my $0.25 chips as he didn’t think he had enough clay left. Thankfully he had enough so I was able to keep my custom colors. I’ve been hosting for over 20 years now and we typically just play tournaments so these chips have not seen much action. Over the years, I was able to pick up a few more chips to add to the collection 60 of the yellow quarters, 30 of the blue dollars and 40 of the $25. I would be interested in talking with other members who purchased chips from this group buy as well as other TR King enthusiasts.View attachment 1254528View attachment 1254526View attachment 1254527
Welcome, and HOLY HELL!! I've never even seen those colors on Kings Crown TRKs before. I'm pretty sure your inbox is blowing up beyond belief, but PLEEEAAASSSEE auction those off if you ever decide to part with them. I just paid off all my credit cards and can't think of a better reason to run them back up!! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::cool;)

Good to know. How is pricing these days for chips similar to this if I wanted to put together a tournament set?

Haha, good luck. I wouldn't go as far as saying the are unaffordable, but they certainly cost much more than 20 years ago, and depends on mold and spot patterns (and sometimes colours) used. Check out CPC's website for up-to-date info.

Welcome, and HOLY HELL!! I've never even seen those colors on Kings Crown TRKs before. I'm pretty sure your inbox is blowing up beyond belief, but PLEEEAAASSSEE auction those off if you ever decide to part with them. I just paid off all my credit cards and can't think of a better reason to run them back up!! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::cool;)
@thxpoker . Sorry, I forget to mention that I am a bit of a TRK enthusiast, so I would LOVE to hear your take on when TRKs were obtainable compared to today. :) Were you shocked about the insanity today...LOL??

20171208_085649.jpg
20181006_121203.jpg

I may end up auctioning them as they are rarely used. We play strictly tournaments these days and break these out for a cash game after our quarterly championship game. That would allow me to put the money towards a tournament set.

I am an old member who hasn’t been online or active for almost 20 years. The pic is my custom TR king cash set that I bought. It’s a very unique set as it was the final group buy that they offered. I had to convince the owner to scrape together enough clay to do my $0.25 chips as he didn’t think he had enough clay left. Thankfully he had enough so I was able to keep my custom colors. I’ve been hosting for over 20 years now and we typically just play tournaments so these chips have not seen much action. Over the years, I was able to pick up a few more chips to add to the collection 60 of the yellow quarters, 30 of the blue dollars and 40 of the $25. I would be interested in talking with other members who purchased chips from this group buy as well as other TR King enthusiasts.View attachment 1254528View attachment 1254526View attachment 1254527
Welcome back! Fantastic set from the last group buy! I'm a huge TRK fan and regret that I wasn't as smart back before Dennis threw in the towel.

But I did manage to put together a tourney set from someone who was in that group buy, plus some additional chips/denoms that I was able to acquire….

IMG_5653.jpeg

IMG_5651.jpeg

IMG_3143.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom