Folding leg table storage (2 Viewers)

horseshoez

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Any recent pics for ideas on storing a custom folding leg table? Mine is leaning against a wall in my garage in a BBO cover and I’m just out of ideas on how to properly store it or put it up on the wall. It’s pissing me off that I can’t think of anything. Want it to take less square footage but also be easy to take down when needed.

Any recent pics for ideas on storing a custom folding leg table? Mine is leaning against a wall in my garage in a BBO cover and I’m just out of ideas on how to properly store it or put it up on the wall. It’s pissing me off that I can’t think of anything. Want it to take less square footage but also be easy to take down when needed.

Will it fit under a bed or hide behind a couch?

Ummmm, I have no couch or bed that measures 96” x 46”

I thought you said folding table not folding legs my bad. Good news I have a solution though. Time to move back to Georgia and get a mansion that costs I bet half of what your Cali house costs. Basement poker man cave and movie theater. Couple acres for the rzr. Still cheaper. Problem solved.

Use a bike lift. An store up against ceiling

My friends custom table is hanging in the garage roof , I’ll see if I can get photos

My friends custom table is hanging in the garage roof , I’ll see if I can get photos

That would be golden. I prefer that solution since I usually go by the cleaning motto of "off the ground"

I actually spent the whole day cleaning the garage day. Almost done. Here is a sneak peak then clean ones tomorrow. It is nothing special but we do pull 2 cars in the garage and this works for me.

20190824_223005.jpg

I
I actually spent the whole day cleaning the garage day. Almost done. Here is a sneak peak then clean ones tomorrow. It is nothing special but we do pull 2 cars in the garage and this works for me.

View attachment 328460

I think I just found my solution. You’re God sent man!
I thought you said folding table not folding legs my bad. Good news I have a solution though. Time to move back to Georgia and get a mansion that costs I bet half of what your Cali house costs. Basement poker man cave and movie theater. Couple acres for the rzr. Still cheaper. Problem solved.

I think I really like this solution and I'd have to put it at the top of the list. Would take some logistics but the hardest part would be convincing the wifey lol

I use my third "emergency only" table as a decoration on my poker room wall. I don't see why a 4x8 table wouldn't be able to be hung up as well.
20190825_143315.jpg

Definitely try to hit a stud!

I for sure will. I meant the table side, how far the screw in hooks can go and how much those will hold up without ripping out. I was thinking of maybe even getting those hooks that are plate mounted to distribute the weight rather than in one area where it screws in.

This part (with the hooks) goes on the wall, mounted in a stud with long screws:
View attachment 328726

The cross part of the legs goes on the hooks:
View attachment 328727

You have to have the right kind of legs, but I have used it for years.

L

Those are the exact same legs I have on mine. I think it’ll do the job well, plus save space going on vertically.

Came up with something else. Up against the wall, two eye hooks and bungee cord between them to secure it to the wall. Boooom, done. Just need some high density foam to put on the ground to keep the cushion from indenting.

image.jpg

So I've been using the Racor lift (currently $220) for several years now and it works perfectly:

Platform is 4'X4' and holds up to 200 lbs. Table can be easily raised or lowered by one person with the provided hand crank or using a power drill with attachment. Pic of my table using the lift:

https://www.amazon.com/Racor-PHL-1R-HeavyLift-4-Foot-Cable-Lifted/dp/B0009I8AO6?tag=perfectmancaveconvert-20

This was and still is my go-to when I get around to it. Purging the garage from what needs to go and what stays then I’ll do the Racor next. Looks perfect.

@OKChips @horseshoez
Thinking about adding the Racor, especially if I get a nicer table and do not want the rail to have storage pressure.
How has it been holding up? If you have any other expert tips I would love to hear them.

Some thought I had:
--Is it strong enough to hold 2 tables?
--Maybe add a Carabiner between the cable and eyebolt to easily remove 2 cables and slide a table in place instead of needing someone to help me lift it.

1597947002899.png

@OKChips @horseshoez
Thinking about adding the Racor, especially if I get a nicer table and do not want the rail to have storage pressure.
How has it been holding up? If you have any other expert tips I would love to hear them.

Some thought I had:
--Maybe add a Carabiner between the cable and eyebolt to easily remove 2 cables and slide a table in place instead of needing someone to help me lift it.

View attachment 516321

Im thinking if you get a strong enough carabiner it would do the job perfectly. Unfortunately I can’t test on my end because I sold my table due to the space it was taking up. Was hefty lugging it around by myself too. Let us know how your experiment goes, not just for the sake of making it work but also so we know you’re still alive haha

@OKChips @horseshoez

Some thought I had:

The lift is rated for 250lbs so it just depends on how heavy your tables are. I store my fullsize table and a smaller folding table on top of that. You have to be careful that the top table doesn't compress and damage anything on the bottom table (felt, padded rail, etc).

While you could add the carabiners the cables are only 8 feet long. So if your ceiling is more than 8 feet up you won't be able to lay the platform on the ground and reconnect the cables after setting the table down on top of the platform. The spindle is designed for the 8ft cables so I doubt you can add more cable without causing a problem when its wound up. I just walk my hands around the cables as I slide it in. If your table has folding legs you might consider mounting a piece of plywood on the platform so the legs don't get caught on the platform as you slide it.

My only other advice is that you either use shrink tubing or electrical tape to cover the ends of the wire and clamping hardware so it doesn't snag/scratch anything on the table. Oh, and make sure you have plenty of clearance on either end of the platform. Since its only 4'x4' your table will stick off each end. I almost made the mistake of having it mounted too close to my garage door.

Understood, if I am storing 2 tables on 1 lift it will not be my "Good" table. Since i don't have a "Good" table right now that is easy.
I suppose I could also make some kind of rack on the platform to separate the 2 tables.

My ceiling is about 11ft so I already knew I could not lay it on the ground but that is fine, I might still want to lower 1 side of the platform to position a table in place more easily. I may need to add 6-12 inches of chain to end of cables to make sure platform is just lower than table height. (I know that means it will not go up as high)

Someone attaching a jeep top to the bottom of the rack did these pipe insulation pads which I would think could do on the cable parts as well or something similar.

1597955154833.png

thanks for all the feedback.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom