First poker table (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Good morning from the land of entrapment,

Not much to do in the town I’m in so I’ve turned to poker to enjoy time w coworkers and family. One of the downsides I’ve come across is my kitchen table and poker mat is no longer able to host the amount of people that are attending. Are there any personal recommendations for a poker table to buy? I’m looking for something in the realm of $500. I’m sure there are other threads out there about this topic, so excuse the redundant thread. Just staying hopeful that there are new ideas/ opinions! Thank you

If you are looking to buy, I recommend looking at the Barrington Poker Table Thread
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/barrington-poker-table-thread.30910/
The table itself is of solid quality. And there's a lot you can do to enhance the quality ( replace the felt with suited speed cloth, install deeper cupholders, etc.) that will put you under $500. I just bought a Barrington to do this. I built my first table from scratch and needed a second table (but didn't want to build another one); I think doing the Barrington mod really strikes that middle ground between the quality of a self-built table and the convenience of buying a table!

If you are looking to buy, I recommend looking at the Barrington Poker Table Thread
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/barrington-poker-table-thread.30910/
The table itself is of solid quality. And there's a lot you can do to enhance the quality ( replace the felt with suited speed cloth, install deeper cupholders, etc.) that will put you under $500. I just bought a Barrington to do this. I built my first table from scratch and needed a second table (but didn't want to build another one); I think doing the Barrington mod really strikes that middle ground between the quality of a self-built table and the convenience of buying a table!

dont even need to change the felt anymore

Get a custom table topper, super simple, super good quality

dont even need to change the felt anymore

Get a custom table topper, super simple, super good quality
Oh wow, what is the plug for where to get this custom table topper? Does lay flush with the table and rail, or do you tuck it under the overhanging rail? If the price is right, that might be the move! I love the idea of not having the gap!

I built my table this spring, for about your budget, what style table are you going for? I built and 88”x44” oval with a rail
that size sounds great, can you fit up to 10 comfortably? Also, how long did that build take you? The only issue I would have is acquiring the tools. Can it be done with a hand saw? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

that size sounds great, can you fit up to 10 comfortably? Also, how long did that build take you? The only issue I would have is acquiring the tools. Can it be done with a hand saw? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
The most I have had is 9, but yes comfortably. I use slide under cup holders so we can sit around the table in any orientation.

Probably need to have some power tools lol. I think it could be done with a jig saw, however i used a router and made a jig to do my circular cuts. Fyi this was my first ever woodworking type project so my tools and experience were limited.

When you buy the wood, most places (Home Depot in my case) can cut the plywood down for you. I had them cut it to 88x44 which saved me a lot of time, and the cuts they made were perfectly square.

Also can get away with using a hand stapler however I would suggest getting a pneumatic stapler for the upholstery work. Hardest part for me by far was doing the rail.

I used to manage a harbor freight tools, I’m in no way a professional builder, but the tools I used are from there, held up fine and will continue to work for when I decide to build another. Playing on a table you build is by far worth the work you put in to building it.

Attachments

• IMG_2965.jpeg
    IMG_2965.jpeg
    256.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2983.jpeg
    IMG_2983.jpeg
    260 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2984.jpeg
    IMG_2984.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2994.jpeg
    IMG_2994.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3001.jpeg
    IMG_3001.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3002.jpeg
    IMG_3002.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3009.jpeg
    IMG_3009.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3380.jpeg
    IMG_3380.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 85
This was tremendously helpful! I never knew home depot could cut the plywood for me. I might just go this route, next step is going to home depot to price out the material. Nice set up, thanks again for the help!

This was tremendously helpful! I never knew home depot could cut the plywood for me. I might just go this route, next step is going to home depot to price out the material. Nice set up, thanks again for the help!
The most I have had is 9, but yes comfortably. I use slide under cup holders so we can sit around the table in any orientation.

Probably need to have some power tools lol. I think it could be done with a jig saw, however i used a router and made a jig to do my circular cuts. Fyi this was my first ever woodworking type project so my tools and experience were limited.

When you buy the wood, most places (Home Depot in my case) can cut the plywood down for you. I had them cut it to 88x44 which saved me a lot of time, and the cuts they made were perfectly square.

Also can get away with using a hand stapler however I would suggest getting a pneumatic stapler for the upholstery work. Hardest part for me by far was doing the rail.

I used to manage a harbor freight tools, I’m in no way a professional builder, but the tools I used are from there, held up fine and will continue to work for when I decide to build another. Playing on a table you build is by far worth the work you put in to building it.

^^

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom