FFL PLayoffs, Where you at? Who to start? ect.... (1 Viewer)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I finished in second place. I started the season 7-1 and scored a ridiculous amount of points. However injuries plagued me the last 6 weeks and I finished 8-5.

My playoff roster doesn't show much resemblance to my Drafted roster.

This is a PPR league btw

I must start

QB Brady

RB D. Martin@ STL
RB B. Brown@CLE

WR Hopkins@IND
WR Eddleman

WR/RB Ivory @DAL

Flex Gronk
Flex J. Hill vs SF

Defense Jets

Bench

WR Benjamin @SEA

TE Eifert at SF (questionable to play)
RB A. Andrews at NE
RB Draughns @CIN
WR Tavon

There isn't much on the FA list fwiw.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Such a screwy year in fantasy football. While there have been a bunch of huge replacement options to fight for on the waiver wire with so many big names going down, pick and play options have been few and far between all season long. Forget picking up any FA who may be good enough to start, it's been nearly impossible to find anyone even worth adding to stash. Frankly I've enjoyed fantasy football a whole lot less than I normally do because of it.

Been a meh year performance wise on my end. Made the playoffs in only 4 of 10 leagues and two of those I had to sneak in.

Contemplating starting J. Hill at Flex over T. Austin. Both players have decent match ups. Either could give me 5 or 15 points.

Eiffert will be a game time decision. If he plays, he gets the start. Its not looking good for him.

I had a good year 9-2-1 regular season - both losses were by 1 point, and led the league in scoring by a pretty good clip. Probably one of the best teams I have ever drafted. In the championship which is this week and next. My guys just keep dropping like flies though.

Tonight will go a long way towards deciding my FF fate this year... I'm in the playoffs in 4 out of 10 leagues and between those four teams I have Todd Gurley and Doug Martin three times each. Not feeling great about it but it's certainly going to keep me in front of the TV tonight.

Other team notes...

I have Jeremy Maclin and Antonio Gates on all four teams. I also have James White on all four but he will probably only start on one of them. In other words, make him your #1 guy across the board if you play DFF.

I am going up against O'dell in three of the leagues... And I am facing Shady in all four.

And finally, decisions time. In my main league I have Kansas City (v. Baltimore) and New England (v. Tennessee). On the other three teams i also have KC and NE... and also have Cincinnati (v. San Francisco). Pretty sure I am going KC x2 and Cincy x2.

I picked up Edlmen from NE. I'm thinking of playing him over Miami's WR D. Parker. This would give me three Patriots (Brady, Gronk, and Eddleman). Thoughts?

I picked up Edlmen from NE. I'm thinking of playing him over Miami's WR D. Parker. This would give me three Patriots (Brady, Gronk, and Eddleman). Thoughts?

Do we know for sure if Edelman is playing this week? I ask in part because I dropped him when he got hurt and picked up Amendola. I was on the fence about starting Amendola this week anyway, and if Edelman is definitely playing this week, I'd be even less inclined to start Amendola.

You picked him up? As in someone dropped him? If he is on the field, and it looks like he will be, he is a top 10 WR play. Brady will target him 18 times.

You picked him up? As in someone dropped him? If he is on the field, and it looks like he will be, he is a top 10 WR play. Brady will target him 18 times.

Somebody dropped him two weeks ago when he was injured. Cool. I thought the same thing. Just wasn't sure about having three Patriots starting.

Do we know for sure if Edelman is playing this week? I ask in part because I dropped him when he got hurt and picked up Amendola. I was on the fence about starting Amendola this week anyway, and if Edelman is definitely playing this week, I'd be even less inclined to start Amendola.

From what I was reading he is playing. He came back to practice last THUR. Then had an entire week of practice this week.

Somebody dropped him two weeks ago when he was injured. Cool. I thought the same thing. Just wasn't sure about having three Patriots starting.
Best lineup every week. Don't ever try to micromanage the "same team" aspect.

Just looked at your roster above... Id bench Tavon over Parker. He's just as likely to catch 3 balls for 21 yards as he is to go nuts. More likely.

I made that mistake. I don't know why, but at the time I thought he was out for at least the rest of the regular season. Oops.

Oh, and whatever regrets I have about dropping him, it wouldn't come close to my worst drop of the season (Russel Wilson).

Best lineup every week. Don't ever try to micromanage the "same team" aspect.

Just looked at your roster above... Id bench Tavon over Parker. He's just as likely to catch 3 balls for 21 yards as he is to go nuts. More likely.

I did bench Tavon. I put J. Hill in. I like him going against the SF defense (and I'm glutton for a punishement).

I finished in second place. I started the season 7-1 and scored a ridiculous amount of points. However injuries plagued me the last 6 weeks and I finished 8-5.

My playoff roster doesn't show much resemblance to my Drafted roster.

This is a PPR league btw

I must start

QB Brady

RB D. Martin@ STL
RB B. Brown@CLE

WR Hopkins@IND
WR Eddleman

WR/RB Ivory @DAL

Flex Gronk
Flex J. Hill vs SF

Defense Jets

Bench

WR Benjamin @SEA

TE Eifert at SF (questionable to play)
RB A. Andrews at NE
RB Draughns @CIN
WR Tavon

Thanks in advance.

current roster. I'm off tomorrow. Going to play a little 8 game tonight for the first time ever. Hopefully watch D. Martin run for 150 and 4 TD's (more like 37 yards and a fumble). I'll do this while enjoying a double of whatever whiskey I have on hand.

current roster. I'm off tomorrow. Going to play a little 8 game tonight for the first time ever. Hopefully watch D. Martin run for 150 and 4 TD's (more like 37 yards and a fumble). I'll do this while enjoying a double of whatever whiskey I have on hand.
He is actually more likely to run for 150/4 than he is to get 35/3... Dude is more likely to score from the 20 than he is to punch it in from the 2 heheh

He is actually more likely to run for 150/4 than he is to get 35/3... Dude is more likely to score from the 20 than he is to punch it in from the 2 heheh

I know. I was being sarcastic. I have the house to myself tonight. Looking forward to gambling, football, drinking. What this means is. I'll be first out of the tourney by 930. Doug Martin will suffer a game ending injury with a stat line of 1 carry, 2 yard loss, 1 fumble.

My only real decision this week is for my FLEX position:

Mike Evans at St.L
or
David Johnson (Ari - RB) at Philly

My only real decision this week is for my FLEX position:

Mike Evans at St.L
or
David Johnson (Ari - RB) at Philly

I'm not familiar with either one tbh. Hasn't Philly been playing better of late?

I'm not familiar with either one tbh. Hasn't Philly been playing better of late?

You're right, Philly has been playing well lately esp. against the run. I think it's a toss-up. The killer is Evans is going tonight so I need to decide soon.

You're right, Philly has been playing well lately esp. against the run. I think it's a toss-up. The killer is Evans is going tonight so I need to decide soon.

Fuck it. Go with Evans. Pour a drink, sign up for some 8 game tourney poker, and enjoy the game. That's what I'm doing tonight. Go D. Martin :)

Reactions: 72o

Fuck it. Go with Evans. Pour a drink, sign up for some 8 game tourney poker, and enjoy the game. That's what I'm doing tonight. Go D. Martin :)

That's (partially) why I ended up deciding to start Evans this week; I needed some reason to watch the game tonight

I do that all the time. It rarely works out, lol. Good Luck.

Thanks. I probably would have started him anyway.

I have Evans, Amendola, OBJ and Locket as WR options and Lacy, Sproles, Hightower, Powell and R.Mathews as RB options. Need two of each, plus a flex.

Thanks. I probably would have started him anyway.

I have Evans, Amendola, OBJ and Locket as WR options and Lacy, Sproles, Hightower, Powell and R.Mathews as RB options. Need two of each, plus a flex.

Your probably fucked tonight. Drink it up, play some poker, and hope the FFL gods are generous.

Your probably fucked tonight.

In FF or the 8-game? ;)

Despite being a 15 point predicted favorite this week (for whatever that's worth), I'm not feeling overly optimistic. I had a good run again this season, finished 12-2 for the second year in a row. Hopefully this season will end the same way as last season and I can get out on top and retire with back to back championships :D

Oh don't be that guy! :D Unless it's just a random public league.

I was just kidding, I'm not going anywhere. Besides, first place is $600, which buys quite a few chips (or at least a rack or two these days).

Fire up the Patriot players, but I'd sit Edelman due to the injury recovery. Yes, it's the Titans this week, one of the bottom dwellers of the NFL. An amazingly juicy matchup and I doubt anyone will outscore the Pats in total points. But there is no reason for the Pats to rush Edelman back. He'll likely get a series, maybe two, but there is zero reason to risk reaggravating the injury. Edelman is good for the real football playoffs, but a long shot for fantasy this year.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom