First of "Who Would You Start" (1 Viewer)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
My #1 pick is on the bench due to a suspension. I have a couple of flex positions to man. Who would you start.

This is a PPR league.

Current Starters

I have to start 2 WR's, 2 RB's, 1 WR/RB and 2 WR/RB/TE spots

GB WR Davante Adams @ Chicago

Houston WR DeAndre Hopkins vs KC

CIN RB Jeremy Hill vs OAK

DAL RB Darren McFadden vs NYG

TB RB Doug Martin vs TEN

NE TE Gronk vs PIT

NYJ's C. Ivory vs Clevelend

Bench

PIT RB Levon Bell (suspended)

CHI WR Eddie Royal vs GB

SD WR Stevie Johnson vs DET

NYG WR R. Randall @ Dallas

Changes? any?

Thanks in advance (My QB is T. Brady)

The only one I'm not sure about is McFadden. The Dallas running back distribution is still up in the air. If he gets the majority of the carries, he is the guy to play for sure. Is it to late to pick up DeAngelo Williams until Bell comes back? (You can probably drop Randall if so). If that's the case, play Williams. As is, I might substitute Royal for McFadden until the Cowboys backfield situation clears up.

The only one I'm not sure about is McFadden. The Dallas running back distribution is still up in the air. If he gets the majority of the carries, he is the guy to play for sure. Is it to late to pick up DeAngelo Williams until Bell comes back? (You can probably drop Randall if so). If that's the case, play Williams. As is, I might substitute Royal for McFadden until the Cowboys backfield situation clears up.

Him and Ivory I'm unsure about tbh. D. Williams isn't available.

E. Royal suggestion makes sense. I'm just worried that cutler will have a 7 for 35 game or something .

Ivory is a solid start this week, Browns D line gave up top 5 most rushing yards in the league last year. And the Jets are going to want to control the clock, in usual Jets fashion.

I also think Ivory is going to be solid this year, if not better than solid, but he's on the Jets so even though I was disappointed to not get him on any of my teams I'm kind of glad I don't have to put my faith in any part of that team. lol

I like McFadden for the season, I think he if he stays healthy (lol I know) he could end up being the lead back in Dallas this year. He has always had the skill, but injuries and playing for the Raiders will bring down anybody, now he's behind the best offensive line in football with a real offense, it could definitely work out.

But for week one I think I would have to pull him out and ride with Stevie Johnson. Even though I have Kennan on a few teams I think Stevie could end up being near the top of the Chargers passing attack. Detroit has a good D, but I've always been a fan of what Rivers has consistently done as a quarterback, plus they are home to open the season, and playing the Lions always has the potential to turn into a shootout.

FWIW, Fantasy Pros start/sit for Mcfadden and Johnson in a ppr league has 90% starting Johnson.

Cool thread idea to, I'll look at my lineups and post a few of my decisions I have to make. Can we also use this thread as a "what do you think of my team thread???" ?? :)

Dallas won't have a lead back. I follow the Dallas Morning News and a couple of their more reliable columnists religiously. They want a true committee back there with Randle, McFadden, and Dunbar. I think McFadden will get the majority of the goal line carries, but otherwise they're going to shuttle people in and out a lot to keep them fresh. The RBs are the key to the offense for this team - it takes the pressure of Romo having to throw into triple coverage to keep a drive alive. I wouldn't start any of the Cowboys RBs but if there is another owner in the league that believes (or can be made to believe) that McFadden is the guy, deal him.

Interesting, thanks for the local knowledge.

@bergs If you absolutely had to go with a Dallas back, no choice, who would it be? What are people saying about the Christine Michael trade?

Edit: tagged the wrong member, sorry!

Ok, I have one fore you all. I have to start three of the following four receivers: Nelson Agholor @ Atlanta, Davante Adams @ Chicago, Vincent Jackson v. Tennessee, and Markus Wheaton @ New England. Who do I sit?

Right off the top of my head I feel like wheaton and adams are starts for sure, out of the other two Vjack might be the safest bet, but I think I would have to go with Nelson Agholor, I feel Nelson has a better shot of getting in the end zone with a combination of the Eagles offense and the Falcons offense trading scores.

DD, I hate Hill and Ivory both... 10 leagues and own neither in any of them (Ivory I wouldn't pick up off the FA list unless I thought I could trade him). I am big on Martin (5 of 10 teams), McFadden (6 of 10 teams) and Royal (8 of 10 teams) but don't know if I'm starting any of them out the gate. Not sure if Stevie or Randle are even owned in any of my leagues but being a screwy format and 12? teams in your league... too hard to figure out who to start so that's all I'll say.

Chippy while I only own him on 2 rosters I expect a good year out of Vjax (and a bust-o year for Mike Evans). I'd bench Wheaton even though it's fun to have someone in the Thursday game.

I'm wondering if they never updated his status in the system and it's a false alert.

I think this is what happened. The alert came in on my from Yahoo FFL Ap. Just checked the actual site on my laptop and nothing....

Ok, I have one fore you all. I have to start three of the following four receivers: Nelson Agholor @ Atlanta, Davante Adams @ Chicago, Vincent Jackson v. Tennessee, and Markus Wheaton @ New England. Who do I sit?

I'm not really familiar with any of them. When I was preparing for my draft I read some good things about Agholor and Adams. Not much help, sorry.

Good Luck.

Brady and Gronk were huge for me!!!!

Hope everyone did well. I won with the highest score of the week actually. This was without my number one pick (and eddie royal getting hurt).

I dropped WR Randal and acquired CIN's TE Tyler Eifert. Now I have two TE's in a league that doesn't have a starting TE slot, lol. Ton of flex spots so I'm not worried.

GB WR D. Adams vs SEA
SD WR S. Johnson @CIN
TE Tyler Eifert @ SD

Which two to play?

Adams had a so so week. He did lead the team with 8 targets, 4 rec's for 59 yards.

Johnson and Eifert had huge games.

First reaction is Stevie and Eifert, Seattle has some problems on D but they are still pretty good even on the road. Plus, I feel like Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers are good enough that any player on the roster could have a good night depending on the flow of the game. In other words even though Cobb is the number one receiver and Adams is the number two that's not guaranteeing targets, Rodgers is good enough at seeing all his receivers and exploiting weakness, and then putting the ball where it needs to be, that anybody on the field could go off at any minute.

Then again, I am not a huge fan of playing a TE when you could be playing a WR. TE can be such a boom or bust position it's usually better to go with a receiver... But then again, Eifert is probably the number two receiver in Cinci right now...

Hmmmm, yeah, I think I would probably plug in Eifert and Johnson now, but I would go back and forth with it all week, maybe even going Adams at the last minute. lol

First reaction is Stevie and Eifert, Seattle has some problems on D but they are still pretty good even on the road. Plus, I feel like Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers are good enough that any player on the roster could have a good night depending on the flow of the game. In other words even though Cobb is the number one receiver and Adams is the number two that's not guaranteeing targets, Rodgers is good enough at seeing all his receivers and exploiting weakness, and then putting the ball where it needs to be, that anybody on the field could go off at any minute.

Then again, I am not a huge fan of playing a TE when you could be playing a WR. TE can be such a boom or bust position it's usually better to go with a receiver... But then again, Eifert is probably the number two receiver in Cinci right now...

Hmmmm, yeah, I think I would probably plug in Eifert and Johnson now, but I would go back and forth with it all week, maybe even going Adams at the last minute. lol

I watched part of the CINC game. He played the WR position a handful of times. I think he was in the slot on his TD. I think, but I'd have to double check. That he had 9 catches on 12 targets.

I know I'm starting Brady. Dude can always go off. He is playing Rex Ryan's defense who has had some success? Bills don't look to bad. Any reason that I should start Bridgewater over Brady (Bridgewater is going against a porous Lions defense).

I know I'm starting Brady. Dude can always go off. He is playing Rex Ryan's defense who has had some success? Bills don't look to bad. Any reason that I should start Bridgewater over Brady (Bridgewater is going against a porous Lions defense).
Personally I follow the mantra of never sit a superstar regardless of matchup. Bites you in the ass a lot more than it makes you look like a genius.

Personally I follow the mantra of never sit a superstar regardless of matchup. Bites you in the ass a lot more than it makes you look like a genius.

I know, and agree. Just figured I'd throw it out there.

Yeah, if Brady's arm falls off.

Rex is 4-9 vs the pats

Doug Martin should have a field day against a lousy Saints defense, while Adams is going up against the Seahawks d. I'd start Martin definitely and I love Adams.

Need to start 2:

Sankey
Sims
Yeldon
Johnson (Ari)
Miller (Mia)

Flex - Moncrief (Ind) or any of the above?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom