FFL PLayoffs, Where you at? Who to start? ect.... (1 Viewer)

So much riding on this weekend. Papa needs some customs!

View attachment 26519
This is the decision I have to make for my flex spot for Championship Week, really comes down to DeSean vs his old team in his old stadium or Ginn who is guaranteed to drop (literally) at least one 50+ yard TD.

I'd go with Ginn Jr (even with the inevitable dropped TD pass), but I'm biased as I'm (most likely) starting Cam this week.

So here's my team going to the finals this weekend. I Lost Ingram a couple weeks ago, and now OBJ this week, so this is what I'm left with (and I will not start my first round pick of Lacy again, he's dead to me).

Any changes I should consider?

FF-16.png

So here's my team going to the finals this weekend. I Lost Ingram a couple weeks ago, and now OBJ this week, so this is what I'm left with (and I will not start my first round pick of Lacy again, he's dead to me).

Any changes I should consider?

View attachment 26535
I think you're good to go with whatcha got.

Honestly with beckham out I might go randle over Aiken, Eli is gonna have to throw and he's scored in 2 of last 3 games

Honestly with beckham out I might go randle over Aiken, Eli is gonna have to throw and he's scored in 2 of last 3 games

My concern would be that with OBJ out, would coverage be that much tougher on Randle as the (potential) primary target? I didn't know how much of his recent success could be attributed to OBJ getting extra attention leaving Randle in more favorable match ups.

Obviously OBJ's suspension is why I picked up both Aiken and Randle on waivers last night, just wasn't sure which was the better play.

Ok so now I just read news of this (one of the reasons I want to push up the playoff schedule to start a week earlier but...):

"Sunday night's Giants-Vikings game will have no direct playoff implications if the Packers lose to the Cardinals on Sunday afternoon. The Vikings will clinch a playoff spot if the Seahawks beat the Rams OR the Falcons lose to the Panthers, both likely scenarios. If Green Bay then loses in Arizona -- another seemingly likely outcome -- Minnesota's Week 17 game against the Packers will become a win-or-go-home showdown for the NFC North crown, with the Week 16 Giants-Vikings game becoming meaningless. On Wednesday, coach Mike Zimmer left open the possibility of the Vikings resting players "that are hurt or something like that." Adrian Peterson, of course, is coming off a Week 15 ankle injury."

Holy crap my head hurts! Would/should anyone read into this? If I am reading this correctly, MIN's week 16 game most likely doesn't matter and they will be resting their starters. So now the question again is:

Best lineup this week in light of the above team statement (PPR league):

WR, WR, RB, RB, Flex

WR - Sammy Watkins (vs. Dallas)
WR - Brandon Marshall (vs. Pats)
WR - Mike Evans (vs. Chicago)
RB - Adrian Petersen (vs. Giants)
RB - DeAngelo Williams (vs. Baltimore)
RB - David Johnson (vs. Green Bay)

Sit Adrian? And everyone else then plays? Thoughts?

Johnson and Williams are of course the slam dunk choices.
The schedule sure does leave you guessing but
I'd still roll with All Day as of this moment and leave Sammy on the bench.
Peterson will like the primetime spot light if he plays.

Watkins in a bad matchup vs DAL and NYG is a great matchup for running backs.

Is it possible to stash jerrick mckinnon on the bench for a possible sunday night swap out?

Reactions: 72o
Johnson and Williams are of course the slam dunk choices.
The schedule sure does leave you guessing but
I'd still roll with All Day as of this moment and leave Sammy on the bench.
Peterson will like the primetime spot light if he plays.

Watkins in a bad matchup vs DAL and NYG is a great matchup for running backs.

Is it possible to stash jerrick mckinnon on the bench for a possible sunday night swap out?
yeah right now I still have AP in there with Watkins sitting this one out. It might not be a bad idea to add McKinnon actually. Good thinking! Not ideal, but if I decide to roll the dice with AP and all the other games work out how they should and they do sit AP, then at least I have an option.

just added mckinnon

yeah right now I still have AP in there with Watkins sitting this one out. It might not be a bad idea to add McKinnon actually. Good thinking! Not ideal, but if I decide to roll the dice with AP and all the other games work out how they should and they do sit AP, then at least I have an option.

just added mckinnon

He blew up last week with AP ailing so could be better insurance than Watkins who's going against a top ten Fantasy Def vs WR's.
Although Watkins is on fire and I benched Emmanuel Sanders last week so who knows right! :)

Good Luck!!. I am in 2 championships myself this weekend and trying to recover from the Odell Beckham benching.

I have Mike Evans and Jordan Reed playing- My third choice is between Kamar Aiken, Tyler Lockett or Emmanuel Sanders to replace OBJ.
What do you think? Coin toss I suppose.

He blew up last week with AP ailing so could be better insurance than Watkins who's going against a top ten Fantasy Def vs WR's.
Although Watkins is on fire and I benched Emmanuel Sanders last week so who knows right! :)

Good Luck!!. I am in 2 championships myself this weekend and trying to recover from the Odell Beckham benching.

I have Mike Evans and Jordan Reed playing- My third choice is between Kamar Aiken, Tyler Lockett or Emmanuel Sanders to replace OBJ.
Yeah I didn't realize that McKinnon had such a great game last week. Thanks for the tip.

The Beckham loss is huge and couldn't have happened at a worse time...but man what a punk!

If it were me, I would narrow your options to Aiken and Sanders (not that Lockett sucks but I like your other 2 options better). I would probably go with Aiken purely based on matchup, I think, as you're right its kind of just a toss-up otherwise.

Yeah I didn't realize that McKinnon had such a great game last week. Thanks for the tip.

The Beckham loss is huge and couldn't have happened at a worse time...but man what a punk!

If it were me, I would narrow your options to Aiken and Sanders (not that Lockett sucks but I like your other 2 options better). I would probably go with Aiken purely based on matchup, I think, as you're right its kind of just a toss-up otherwise.
Obj is a punk ! Ive got Aiken in there too because of that so cool to hear.
Good luck.
I'm hoping to win some $ for next year's Vegas trip but I'm sure I'll blow it on chips before that

Sounds similar to my situation. Had OBJ, but now I'll be starting three out of four of the following: Evans, Lockett, Aiken, Randle.

Squeaked out a Championship!!
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I lost on the final play of the week 16.

I was up by 1.1 points against Denver defense in OT, McCarron fumbles, Denver recovers, +2. Game over, I lose by 0.9.

Had the Denver kicker just made the FG at the end of regulation, I too would be a champion. :(

I lost on the final play of the week 16.

I was up by 1.1 points against Denver defense in OT, McCarron fumbles, Denver recovers, +2. Game over, I lose by 0.9.

Had the Denver kicker just made the FG at the end of regulation, I too would be a champion. :(
Wow just wow!! Sorry buddy. I'll tone down my celebration. :D:(:D Seriously that sucs.

Wow just wow!! Sorry buddy. I'll tone down my celebration. :D:(:D Seriously that sucs.

No need to tone it down :)

I fell pretty far behind during the Sunday 1pm games (Cam let me down), so at the last minute I pulled Lockett out of the 4pm game because my opponent had Wilson. I figured if I had any chance to come back, I have to decouple his score from mine. I put Randle in instead and got lucky when he hit a 80 yard TD against the Vikings (about the only decent play for the Giants all night). So in some respect, I was just happy to have a shot come Monday night.

So even though I was only up by 4.1 points against Denver's D, everything just worked out so well for the first 59 minutes and 56 seconds that I thought I had pulled it off. Then he shanked the kick about as badly as you can shank a game winning kick. Then Denver gets the ball and all I need is for them to score a TD and it's over. But they couldn't help me out there either. And then it all just fell apart...

Congrats to all the winners!

I was up against Reed, Marshall and D Johnson in all four championship matches (-Marshall in one and -Reed in one, close enough)... none were even close. All good, fantasy was so screwy this season and out of ten teams I ended the season + a negligible amount so it could have been worse.

congrats to the winners and losers since its harder to get there and a lot of luck to win it.

I played in two finals and won both.
I overcame ARZ def with Cousins and Reed

check out the last game score- If Demaryius Thomas got 6 more yards on his last catch just before midnight I was toast.

Now the hard part is choosing which chips to buy with the winnings :LOL: :laugh:

upload_2015-12-29_21-23-14.png

So first time winning. How much do you leave as a tip to the commisioner? The commish doesn't exactly do too much but is it expected to toss them something when you win? The league is all family members and friends if that matters.

So first time winning. How much do you leave as a tip to the commisioner? The commish doesn't exactly do too much but is it expected to toss them something when you win? The league is all family members and friends if that matters.
Zero. I run a shit ton of sports pools and wouldn't accept a tip if it was offered. He wouldn't do it if he didn't enjoy it.

I have never tipped a commish. There really isn't much to do.

Zero. I run a shit ton of sports pools and wouldn't accept a tip if it was offered. He wouldn't do it if he didn't enjoy it.

I concur with this.

Of course, if you guys want to tip me in the Season Long NFL Parlay I would be fine with a 35% tip ;)

Agree, zero. I have tipped in deadpools/survivor pools though, I won a survivor pool for 3k this year and tipped the organizer 100$

Agree, zero. I have tipped in deadpools/survivor pools though, I won a survivor pool for 3k this year and tipped the organizer 100$
Sure, I can see exceptions. A local bar runs a Super Bowl block every year, $300 per square and pays every score change. Final score gets $12,000 with the rest split between each score change. Pretty sure i would insist on him taking something when I hit the final score this year.

My two QB's are K. Cousins vs Dallas and Prescott vs WASH. Feels like a coin flip to me. Right now I have Cousins as the starter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom