Favorite Car You've Owned? (1 Viewer)

I just bought a 2009 Mini Cooper Clubman JCW. I pick it up in a month. Hope it’s fun

B7BF77C5-8708-49B2-916B-4E49436838F0.jpeg

Never owned what I would call a fun car or a dream car. I'm not much of a car person. I had a Dodge Stratus (maybe an 06?) that I really liked at the time.

I found the drivers door to be to close to my arm when taking high speed (i.e. drifting) corners. Kept bumping it against the door.

However, if you drive like a sane person this shouldn't be an issue.

It seemed fine on the test drive. But I’m not a very big person.

2004 Chrysler Crossfire. Just enough power to be fun without being too much power and you lose control. Tons of fun
P_20160811_174524.jpg

I've enjoyed all the cars I've owned in my adulthood. Here's the few from the past (none of the pictures mine):
2006 Subaru WRX (traded), 2014 Mazda 3 (totaled, RIP), 2018 Subaru Crosstrek (traded)

1663967550124.png

And here's what I'm driving currently, which I love.
2018 Mini Countryman S, 6-speed (is my picture, Swan Falls ID)
1663967617215.png

I've only had the mini for about a year and a half now, but it's wonderful. I'm really not a huge car guy at all, and am often drawn more to aesthetics more than anything and had wanted a Countryman for a very long time. I'd have preferred it white or at least less monochromatic, but finding it in the condition I did, in this area where there isn't a dedicated dealer, as a manual, for essentially an even trade with my Crosstrek in terms of year/mileage/price/etc about too perfect to pass up.

Last edited:
I've been fortunate to own a fair few fun cars over the years - mostly Jap stuff - MR2s, Supra, Zeds etc. I think this was the favourite, good power, comfy and sweet exhaust!

78059B1A-10D1-482B-98D6-1AE26265BEB3.jpeg

My current one.... All American SS 1LE, sexy as hell, handles better than most European cars, and can't even come close to catching a Tesla! Best looking rear-end I ever saw (next to my gf, that is) :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 992608
Get that Tesla and its 1500+ lbs. of batteries to an autocross event, and show it how it's done.

Oh man, never had one, but boy do I remember dreaming of getting my hands on one of those Geo Storm Sports Coupes!

Man, bitches panties be dropping you pull up in one of these babies!

View attachment 992683
Looks remarkably like an MR2 that overate at thanksgiving...

All Minis are fun, and the JCW versions are the icing on the cake. But why such a long wait for a used car?

Buying from private seller that lives several hours away. Went to check out the car today and made the deal but couldn’t drive it home. Gave him a deposit. Told him to take care of a few things over the next month and I’ll come back with a friend to take it. I’m not in a hurry and I’m a trusting person.

Last edited:
I loved my Jeep Wrangler, but love my Gladiator Mojave even more. Convertible truck, doors off, haul shit to the beach. It's so much fun to drive. Built for desert racing. I just need to find a desert in NC. It may be fugly, but it's my kind of fugly.

1663985701542.png

Great for hauling shit for poker games.

1663985722918.jpeg

Get that Tesla and its 1500+ lbs. of batteries to an autocross event, and show it how it's done.
There’s a YouTube series called CarTrek, which is great. They tracked a Tesla model 3 on a full charge. Full acceleration and pedal down. It got 18 miles before running out of juice.

Yes, 18 miles on a full charge

There’s a YouTube series called CarTrek, which is great. They tracked a Tesla model 3 on a full charge. Full acceleration and pedal down. It got 18 miles before running out of juice.

Yes, 18 miles on a full charge
Saw that episode. Entertaining stuff, I watch Car Trek and all those guys' car channels. There was one "season" where Hoovie brought a Tesla for a cross-country drive. Couldn't get it charged out on the road as easily as the other guys could just fill up with gas. I think Jared ended up towing the Tesla for part of the trip.

Saw that episode. Entertaining stuff, I watch Car Trek and all those guys' car channels. There was one "season" where Hoovie brought a Tesla for a cross-country drive. Couldn't get it charged out on the road as easily as the other guys could just fill up with gas. I think Jared ended up towing the Tesla for part of the trip.
Correct. I watch those guys all of the time too. Love their content. The cross county trek to pikes Peak was great. It’s 4 hours, but I need 4 hours of charging added….

Yeah

My '68 Mustang. Bought her when I was 16 years old and she's been with me ever since. This photo was taken about 2016 when I was about to haul her to my buddy's house where we were doing a total restore on her (he's in the auto body business) in his garage in his house (his wife is a saint).
Car's had quite the journey to. I've had her stored at my parents' house, my then gf now wife's parents' house (they were cool with it), and rented a few garages here and there till I bought a house with a garage.
20160627_092428.jpg

My '68 Mustang. Bought her when I was 16 years old and she's been with me ever since. This photo was taken about 2016 when I was about to haul her to my buddy's house where we were doing a total restore on her (he's in the auto body business) in his garage in his house (his wife is a saint).
Car's had quite the journey to. I've had her stored at my parents' house, my then gf now wife's parents' house (they were cool with it), and rented a few garages here and there till I bought a house with a garage.
View attachment 997250
She’ll be a beauty when she’s restored. All the best on the project, hope you post pictures when it’s done.

Torn. Loved my Audi TT-S line roadster, the convertible life was lovely. Also miss the Toyota FJ55, had a lot of fun with it from Christmas lights to Salma Hayek. Sad to have parted with them.
2ABCFFE1-E389-4341-93F8-E9972DB3C2DE.jpeg

84210242-6D8E-44BE-A9D5-A45EF5CA3B58.jpeg

Salma Hayek? Do tell
A gentleman never tells. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: If only. Just a stupid story. I absconded with a life-size Queen of Halloween Coors Lite cardboard display after a bar party in 1999. I cut her out, trimmed the sides of her dress, and set her in my passenger seat whenever it was just me in the FJ. She’d go in the back, looking out a side window, when I had passengers. Over the years, I added Mardi Gras beads, Christmas accessories (I had lights wrapped all around it for Xmas), and other fun items. With her “spooky” look, it used to freak people out as they would walk by my FJ or I would drive by them. Their first instinct was usually that someone was trapped? (Not sure I ever understood that.) I don’t know why it so startled people, but it did. Just something stupid to liven up living in a small Louisiana city.

Here’s a poster version, she looked the same in the cut-out.
1664731196541.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom