Favorite Car You've Owned? (3 Viewers)

The Audi Q7 hybrid has all of that and more.
I really love driving it.

How good is the autopilot in the Audi? When I'm on long highway trips I barely have to do anything. I'm looking for at least that level.

I've been reading Mercedes has the best autopilot right now. Even better than tesla. But to get it you have to get an a-class which is more than I want to spend. Plus I want an SUV, not a sedan.

I'll keep reading.

ETA: just read about the Q7. Sounds like the 2017 is pretty comparable to the features in my 2015 as far as driver assist goes. I guess it'll go on the test drive list.

Last edited:
I only use the driver assist to reach for my sunglasses or a bottle of water. I haven't really put it to the test.
I like the fact that you can switch the navigation to Google Earth and that you can watch the navigation on the dash tablet as well as on the virtual cockpit in front of you.
The 400+ HP on the E-tron is great to pass other cars on narrow streets.

My favorite car owned is still the 83 vw gti I drove for many years. It wasn't very refined with power nothing, but had upgraded suspension and just enough power to make it seem fast.

I just picked up a 2017 Honda Ridgeline, and I gotta say, I love the damn thing...

I've only owned 2 cars in my life.

2001 Ford Mustang
2011 Nissan Sentra

I'll let you guys figure out which of those is my favorite.

My 2010 Mitsubishi Ralliart. I don't know why I got rid of it

FB_IMG_1501363928535.jpg
FB_IMG_1501363979063.jpg

That trackhawk is haaawwwttt.

Watch Doug demuros review of it on YouTube, it's insanity.

Edit to add some screen shots of his face the first time he floors it. Lol

Attachments

• A25561E1-E779-4B77-BB6E-D44855F40D8F.png
    A25561E1-E779-4B77-BB6E-D44855F40D8F.png
    462.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 888DA039-42F8-40BF-8102-C6FD3907418A.png
    888DA039-42F8-40BF-8102-C6FD3907418A.png
    416.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I wish I owned this...

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 8
6.4L V8 HEMI ENGINE
475 HORSEPOWER

View attachment 154154 View attachment 154153

I bought a 2011 Overland new black with saddle interior and it’s the best car I’ve ever owned. My wife has the identical 2012 in red. I would love the SRT!. Rumor is the new generation of grand Cherokees will skip the SRT unfortunately. 2019

I had one of these.

350z.png

2005 and was an absolute blast.

When my son was born in late 2008 I held out for a year before succumbing to pressure from my wife to get a car that could safely house a baby seat.

This is a photo from the net but when I was a kid my dad built this same kit car. When I turned 16 this was the car I got to drive. To high school.

783462e4456f25_low_res_1929-mercedes-benz-gazelle-replica.jpg

The last car I owned (over 20 years ago now) was a 1984 Saab 900. I loved that car, despite it being sorely underpowered. (When you turned the AC on, the car actually slowed down by at least 10-15%.)

I haven't owned a car in 20 years, but that is about to change come October. I'm buying my parents' 2007 VW Passat Wagon with V6 and all-wheel drive. As a NYC denizen, this is a big deal, although I'll only really use it to get out of the city on weekends and to trek up to Bergs' place for the circus games. It's an awesome all-around car: great engine, all wheel drive, plenty of space, German engineering and quality interior appointments, but in a not-too-big sedan-sized package. (I generally dislike SUVs.)

Anyway, what's been your favorite car you've owned over the years?

Do you normally just train upstate? I always assumed once we got a place in the Hudson valley we would need to get a car, even if the house was near a station

Do you normally just train upstate? I always assumed once we got a place in the Hudson valley we would need to get a car, even if the house was near a station
We’re 15-20 from the closest Amtrak station upstate. Plus we live in Brooklyn and have a toddler and laundry. We drive.

Just picked a used Model S over the weekend. Definitely my favorite car I've ever owned and it's not close. Sorry for the terrible picture, haven't had time for any pron sessions yet.
Did it come with a Titan rocket?

I've had a lot of really fun cars, but my favorite so far would have to be my 1996 Impala SS.

95-Impala-SS-Mecum(1).jpg

I really like the Corvette I currently drive, but I still miss the Impala.

I've had a lot of really fun cars, but my favorite so far would have to be my 1996 Impala SS.

View attachment 154188

I really like the Corvette I currently drive, but I still miss the Impala.

Those were nice. Use to see them all the time down at the Philly street races back in the day. Did GM only make those for 2 years back then?

The Impala ran with the Corvette's power plant. Not surprising that they were running street races. Built them for 3 years. Then in 2000 they came out with a neutered abomination with the Impala name.

I had one of these.

View attachment 154164

2005 and was an absolute blast.

When my son was born in late 2008 I held out for a year before succumbing to pressure from my wife to get a car that could safely house a baby seat.
Very fun car. Rented one of these for a week in 07 when I was on vacation in Vegas. Put 1800 miles on the odometer between the day trips to 3 National Parks and a 1 day round trip drive to Phoenix for a job interview.

The Impala ran with the Corvette's power plant. Not surprising that they were running street races. Built them for 3 years. Then in 2000 they came out with a neutered abomination with the Impala name.

Yeah, those and the SHO Taurus' were bad ass grocery getters. My dad always wanted one of those SHOs, his dream was to crunch a fender and trim it out in stock badges and crush hearts on the way home from work. :D

Did GM only make those for 2 years back then?

The Impala ran with the Corvette's power plant. Not surprising that they were running street races.

Built them for 3 years. Then in 2000 they came out with a neutered abomination with the Impala name.

Three years, a total of 70,000 cars made. It had the Corvette motor, but de-tuned about 40HP worth. Still, with relatively minor modifications I had that 6300lb car running low 14s at the track.

And despite the desperate pleas of our national car club, GM went and ruined it. Then they were begging us to approve and accept that travesty of a replacement. Fat chance.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom