Faux pelican cases at Sam's (1 Viewer)

Really appreciate the offer but I'm going camping this weekend. Driving past 2 sams which is great because I have none within a 1 hour drive.

But can I just walk in there and buy it without membership?. You can do that at Costco, just pay 10% more I think. I don't know about sams.
I know you can walk in without a membership but not sure if you can purchase. Call them first. If you cannot we can always do it later. I am on vacation starting Wednesday for eight days. You can always pm me and let me know if you need help or not.

Take care and good luck

Thanks David. Kind offer. Let me see if I can sort something out this side. I think my bud has a card I can borrow. Nice find guys.

Anyone have an idea how many the 44 can carry? Debating between one of them or a 20.

I saw the 44" and it looks more like a rifle case. It is thinner and longer so not sure how many would fit. The interior dimensions are 42" x 13.5" x 5.25" versus the 20" dimensions which are 18.06" x 12.89" x 6.72"

Personally, when I biught the Sam's membership, I thought I would never use it. It's just Me and Mrs Zombie, so I don't need bulk for 2 people.

But Sams (around here at least) is about 20 cents cheaper on fuel, which basically covers the cost of a membership for the year.
Then we buy food for poker events there. Huge savings when buying for 20 people.
Then we buy plastic dinnerware and plates (still use crystal glasses because I cannot stand plastic cups)
We've added new seating at a fraction the cost of our other folding chairs.
Then little things pop up, like this case, or a deck/patio heater.

Just get a Sam's membership - you'll be surprised at how much it actually saves you.

SUCCESS! Now if I only had the chips to fill one... or somewhere to go.

IMG_5183.JPG

Nice. So without stacking racks on top of one another, would this case fit 600 chips + accessories?

I haven't been home yet, but that's what I'm expecting since the 16" held 4 racks across with room to stack 2 racks deep.

Nice. So without stacking racks on top of one another, would this case fit 600 chips + accessories?

My earlier post #17 shows that there would be ample room if you only wanted to go 1 rack deep to fit 600 chips, and have room for cards, buttons, dice, and a bottle of bourbon.

OK, no room for the bourbon, but now I want to buy one just to put a bottle of four roses and a bottle of Blanton's in it, just for the look on @detroitdad 's face when I open it...

My earlier post #17 shows that there would be ample room if you only wanted to go 1 rack deep to fit 600 chips, and have room for cards, buttons, dice, and a bottle of bourbon.

OK, no room for the bourbon, but now I want to buy one just to put a bottle of four roses and a bottle of Blanton's in it, just for the look on @detroitdad 's face when I open it...
I feel like Maker's Mark should go in the Member's Mark.

@detroitdad, your PNY set was in a 20" case? I'm thinking that would easily fit 4 handguns for transport back and forth to the range...

Did you get that locally at retail, or find a killer deal online or snag it from somebody?

Thanks.

@detroitdad, your PNY set was in a 20" case? I'm thinking that would easily fit 4 handguns for transport back and forth to the range...

Did you get that locally at retail, or find a killer deal online or snag it from somebody?

Thanks.

His PNY set was in a 16" case.

I'm trying to see if I can make a trip up to Detroit next weekend, if you want a 20" one for my cost ($35 + tax) I can grab one from the store and bring it up for you.

Or I have a 16" I probably won't use now, but I paid about the same price from Amazon. I could probably do $30 and eat a bit of the cost for the convenience to unload it.

Thanks.

I think mine was 16 inches. I paid 15 bucks at Sam's club in canton. I might pick up another one if they have them in stock. Want one?

So just to confirm, the 16" is $16, and the 20" is $35, and the 40" is $70?

Nice, thanks!

@detroitdad, there's a Sams near the office. I may swing by, do you want me to pick you up one instead (at a 10% price increase because I am not a Sam's member -- we're Costco people)? LMK.

Yes. 16 inch case. Double check online first. They tend to sell out.

I think I am going to pass on the 20" for $35... 4" smaller for less than 1/2 the price is a better deal, and suits my needs better.

If you see an extra 16" in the future, if you wouldn't mind grabbing one for me, I'd appreciate it.

The 20" much like the 16" they used to carry is what is referred to as a seasonal item. This means they order it once and when it sells out it is gone. It is not a regularly stocked item.

You can tell if it is an Active or Seasonal item by checking the stock item number on the upper right corner of the price card. S signifies Seasonal and A is Active.

In closing do not waste a trip to the Sam's to see if there are any 16" cases since they were a seasonal item and have since sold out. The 20" is what they a re currently stocking and will be gone once they sell out.

David O

I gave you a like for the value of the information, and not necessarily the content...

:unsure::mad:(n) :thumbsdown:
I don't blame you! I would like one also. You can sell pick some up via Amazon and other people that are flipping them. I see were many purchased all they had for $20 to resell them at $55! See flippers are everywhere.

Yeah $16 for the 16" case seems like the best deal. Seems like it will hold 400 chips side by side, 800 stacked. I think I will just grab one of those, if I can find one!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom