Faux pelican cases at Sam's (1 Viewer)

This is the 16" Members Mark case. Mine is configured to hold 800 chips in two rows of 4. The 20" is 3.4" wider on the inside so I'm figuring it will safely hold 1000 in two rows of 5.

membersmark-jpg.84888

Can you choose how deep to go with the 16" case, or once you pluck it, is the depth predetermined? Because Im thinking if I only go with 400 chips, they look a bit recessed (bottom left pic). Wont the chips move back and forth with that little gap when the case is turned over? I want them to sit snug.

I don't know if it matters to anybody, but the 20" case is more than a half inch deeper than the 16" case, according to the website. I've checked because they're all too deep for me - if I was ever gonna go this route, I'd prefer something more low-profile. I think I'd want something like a pelican laptop case.

Can you choose how deep to go with the 16" case, or once you pluck it, is the depth predetermined? Because Im thinking if I only go with 400 chips, they look a bit recessed (bottom left pic). Wont the chips move back and forth with that little gap when the case is turned over? I want them to sit snug.

1. Pluck foam.
  2. Cut removed foam in half, or to whatever depth you need.
  3. Reinsert.
  4. Click like, because I solved the world's most difficult problem.

Unusual for someone to want less storage capability instead of more but that is correct for the 16" case. The pick & pluck foam piece is a set thickness/depth. The 1x1 squares go all the way through and any recess will be as deep as the foam piece. You can see in the picture how deep they will sit. I suppose, you could cut a piece of foam to fit in the bottom of the hole you pluck out so the chips sit higher and aren't as deep. Or place a piece of foam over the top tho fill in the gap if you only go one level of chips.

Unusual for someone to want less storage capability instead of more but that is correct for the 16" case. The pick & pluck foam piece is a set thickness/depth. The 1x1 squares go all the way through and any recess will be as deep as the foam piece. You can see in the picture how deep they will sit. I suppose, you could cut a piece of foam to fit in the bottom of the hole you pluck out so the chips sit higher and aren't as deep. Or place a piece of foam over the top tho fill in the gap if you only go one level of chips.

Cool thanks. If you dont stack the chips, can you hear them moving around in the case if you flip it? How bad?

As for capacity, my travel set would only need 240 - 350 chips max.

1. Pluck foam.
  2. Cut removed foam in half, or to whatever depth you need.
  3. Reinsert.
  4. Click like, because I solved the world's most difficult problem.

I thought there was three layers of the precut foam... so essentially, you could pluck 1/3rd or 2/3rds. Am I wrong on that?

just bought a 20" doesnt look like it will fit 1,200 in it u cant fit 2 racks side by side so looks like the most u will be able to fit in a 20" is 1,000 chips

Yep you can get more than 1000 in these. I apologize for the crappy pics. My phone over corrected the brightness due to the white of these chips. The pics came out super dark. I tried to lighten them up but it just faded things out.

20Img808.jpg

My PCA limit set. 1200 with room left up front for cards & DB's, etc.... It's freakin' heavy that's for sure. :eek:

nice yeah 1,200 is a tight fit have to take out all of the foam looks like might just stick with 1,000 esp I know its gonna be heavy as all hell the case weighs like 10 pounds itself lol

You can definitely fit more in these cases if your willing to take a knife to the solid foam piece. Only real difference between these and the Pelican is the foam system. The Pelican usually has a 3 piece foam system (egg crate lid, large P&P piece, thin solid bottom) as opposed to the Members Mark which usually has a 4 piece system (egg crate lid, medium P&P piece, medium solid piece, thin solid bottom).

Cool thanks. If you dont stack the chips, can you hear them moving around in the case if you flip it? How bad?

As for capacity, my travel set would only need 240 - 350 chips max.

Mine don't move at all. I make sure my top row of chips ride above the top of the foam and stick up a little into the lid area. The egg crate foam in the lid compresses down on the top row of chips and hold everything snug/tight.

ive never owned any of these so obvs pelican is better but these are alot cheaper ?

Pelican cases are a lot more expensive. For our needs, I wouldn't say better exactly.

These are a great value. A lot of the cost of a Pelican case is the name.

Last edited:
Got my 20" case today! Wow I was blown away by the quality for $35. And really like how it has 4 lock down buckles which provide an air tight seal!

Here is a picture of it comfortably holding 10 Racks of PCA Tournament 43mm (2 Racks high), Matsui Plaque Rack with 30 plaques, with room for cards and dealer buttons. This is with the lower foam layer still in. Comes with 4 layers of foam.

20170815_171832.jpg

Side view to show the Plaque case isn't really sticking up as high as the camera angle shows.

20170815_173913.jpg

Last edited:
Got my 20" case today! Wow I was blown away by the quality for $35. And really like how it has 4 lock down buckles which provide an air tight seal!

Here is a picture of it comfortably holding 10 Racks of PCA Tournament 43mm (2 Racks high), Matsui Plaque Rack with 30 plaques, with room for cards and dealer buttons. This is with the lower foam layer still in. Comes with 4 layers of foam.

View attachment 115410

Side view to show the Plaque case isn't really sticking up as high as the camera angle shows.

View attachment 115408

That makes my arm hurt, just thinking about carrying it.

Got my 20" model configured today for 10 racks (8 x 39mm and 2 x 43mm, plus five extra empty racks on top of those), plus room for 16 plaques, two dealer buttons, two All-In markers, and four decks of cards -- everything I need for a two-table tournament. Oversize chips (bounty, re-buy, and seating) are all stored in the 43mm racks, which can be easily replaced with two additional 39mm racks for more chips if needed.

Weighs quite a bit when fully loaded, but the handle is reasonably comfortable, and it consolidated all of my traveling storage needs to just a single item to carry.....and the chips are 1000% safer than before.

A steal for only $35.

So I have been losing a ton of sleep as of late thinking about what to do with my babies/chips when I start construction of my house addition in a couple of weeks. I will need to move all my chips out of the house for 4-6 months while work is being done. I have bought a bunch of the 20" and 16" member's mark cases for transporting said chips to a secure location.

My question is, do people store chips in these cases for an extending amount of time? Would there be any concern of these cases being too air tight that it would be too hot to store chips for months (esp. with all the surrounding foam and a snug fit)?

Am I just being an overly worried parent?

Transport them in Pelicans, return them to birdcages for storage.

FWIW, for the cost of two-way FRB shipping, I am happy to store them for you at my place. :sneaky:

Reactions: 72o
Transport them in Pelicans, return them to birdcages for storage.

FWIW, for the cost of two-way FRB shipping, I am happy to store them for you at my place. :sneaky:
Yeah the problem I face with storing them for a few months is they will be stored with family. I currently keep all my chips inside drawers in a cabinet at my house. Where I will be bringing them to doesn't have the storage capacity to lay them out as such...plus I don't own birdcages or any other way to temporarily store them.

To your second comment, I would be up for driving the chips to someone's house to store them if they have the space, but the thought of packaging these for shipping makes me a little sick honestly. :)

I just received one of these from Amazon, pretty happy with it, quite sturdy.

I was a bit disappointed to find that only 2 of the three layers are "pick and pluck"...has anyone bought another layer of pick and pluck that fit well?

I just received one of these from Amazon, pretty happy with it, quite sturdy.

I was a bit disappointed to find that only 2 of the three layers are "pick and pluck"...has anyone bought another layer of pick and pluck that fit well?
You do not want the third layer to be pick and pluck or else the racks will be sitting on plastic.

Edit: Also just checked mine and only one layer in mine was pick and pluck. No big deal though, I get over 1000 chips in mine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom