Fake Paulson Classics? (1 Viewer)

ok, will post this afternoon. The thing that gave them away at first was the 1000's are a little duller in color than the real WTHC's. Then, I became aware that the texture was not that of a paulson. Too plasticky. Real paulsons if you push a stack together they will not slide around. These slide around. Other than that they are very very difficult to distinguish. The sound is almost identical, the colors and edgemarks are perfect aside from the yellow. Texture is what gave them away.

They look real to me. I always felt that mold was a bit slippery.

Apache! these are not real! I guarantee it. I will shoot a video showing you how the texture on these is different than real paulsons.

So what accounts for the difference in color here?

Attachments

• IMG_5412.JPG
    IMG_5412.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 326
Do paulsons lose their friction coefficient after they're used or something? Let me shoot a quick vid and show you how these are different.

Maybe because they are slightly used they get a tad more slippery than mint chips? Maybe the color comes back if you oil them a tiny bit.

If they are fakes they look craaazy good.

Just found this thread. Those look pretty legit to me. Edges seem slightly beveled in some of your pics, cant tell if they're just blurry. But darn, if those are fakes, WoW.

Every production run will have very slight color difference. The $500 purple in the WTHC set always came in with a slightly different color.
These are real chips. Without question! China can't make a shaped inlay. Try removing it.

That is some funky shit, I'll give you that. Do you happen to have a scale to weigh these chips? I would figure your World Top Hat and Cane (WTHC) chips would be in the 9.5 - 10.5g range if legit, and noticeably lighter if not.

Can you imagine a flood of fake WTHC chips in the market? Prices would crash because folks wont know what they're getting.

That is some funky shit, I'll give you that. Do you happen to have a scale to weigh these chips? I would figure your World Top Hat and Cane (WTHC) chips would be in the 9.5 - 10.5g range if legit, and noticeably lighter if not.
I don't have a scale on hand. I am so sure these aren't real, the whole reason I wanted Paulsons was because of their feel - design to me is important but secondary. These do not feel like paulsons, they feel like dressed up china clays.

Can you imagine a flood of fake WTHC chips in the market? Prices would crash because folks wont know what they're getting.
Yeah, it would be disastrous.
@Apache If the seller doesn't take them back, I want to make samples available for everyone on the forum who wants them to know what the fakes feel like, and would be happy to send you a sample set.

I don't have a scale on hand. I am so sure these aren't real, the whole reason I wanted Paulsons was because of their feel - design to me is important but secondary. These do not feel like paulsons, they feel like dressed up china clays.

Let me know if you can pull the label off? If you can they are fake. If you can't they are real.

Yeah, it would be disastrous.
@Apache If the seller doesn't take them back, I want to make samples available for everyone on the forum who wants them to know what the fakes feel like, and would be happy to send you a sample set.

If you used PayPal then you are protected. Dont do anything with the chips yet until you sort this out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom