Electric pickups! (3 Viewers)

People that drive EV’s are deluding themselves if they think they are saving the planet

I own an EV because it’s fun as hell to drive. My gas savings are easily outweighed by my truck haha. Penalties offset I guess

Don’t bundle all EV owners in the green peace whale argument. Hell, I’ve had cammed 427 Z06s and Vipers that made me smell like gas every single time I drove them :wtf:

This EV owner agrees with you. If you buy an EV to be a steward of earth care…. You’re an idiot.

This EV owner agrees with you. If you buy an EV to be a steward of earth care…. You’re an idiot.
Honesty!!
Buy one if you think you need it to be cool. Wear a mask when you drive it if you want to add some extra style points for the masses. Hell, put a BLM sticker on it if you are using it to drop the kids off at school and want prestige there.

But you are not saving the world at all. You are just redistributing wealth and power. They thank you.

Honesty!!
Buy one if you think you need it to be cool. Wear a mask when you drive it if you want to add some extra style points for the masses. Hell, put a BLM sticker on it if you are using it to drop the kids off at school and want prestige there.

But you are not saving the world at all. You are just redistributing wealth and power. They thank you.
And don’t get me started on people leasing an EV to save the world….

That’s an entirely different level of hypocrisy…. They hazzz da dumbzzz

People that drive EV’s are deluding themselves if they think they are saving the planet,
Where are you getting this?
I know several EV owners, self included, and your assumed projection has never been discussed as a reason for driving an EV. But things like one pedal driving, crazy torque, energy diversity on oil/gas, near zero maintenance costs, and $12 to fully charge vs $100+ to fill up w gas etc is. We keep our vehicles for 10+ years usually so eventually the ROI will catch up.

But saving the planet? Nah, that ship sailed long ago.

If anything you are projecting more about yourself. What does BLM or wearing masks have to do with driving an EV?
Are you asserting conservatives don't or shouldn't drive EV's? If so why?

Last edited:
I know several EV owners, self included, and your assumed projection has never been discussed as a reason for driving an EV. But things like one pedal driving, crazy torque, less household dependency on oil/gas, near zero maintenance costs, and $12 to fully charge vs $100+ to fill up w gas etc is. We keep our vehicles for 10+ years usually so eventually the ROI will catch up.

But saving the planet? That ship sailed long ago.
It’s not people, it’s the government/media saying it will save the planet lol! And a few people on this thread also believe EV is a more green choice, and that’s up for debate.

Most consumers at this point are buying EV for the luxury/performance to your point. And some ROI on electricity > gas that would take 5+ years to justify as you mentioned.

Driving an EV in Bama has its perks too.

We literally get like 10 chargers to ourselves, and don’t even use them :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I charge at home, but it’s still nice to know I have all the chargers to myself if I need them.

Now when I was in Los Angeles…. Bro, horrible idea. Zero stars, do not recommend.

EV life pr0n? (I’m not naked, just wear really short shorts)
9198EB5C-3EB6-4152-9FB6-ABC52B3D916B.jpeg

The European benchmark index measuring future electricity prices increased to a record $993 per megawatt hour (MWh) on Monday, days after prices in France and Germany surged 25%, according to European Energy Exchange data compiled by Bloomberg. By comparison, the average price of electricity in the U.S. hit $129 per MWh in June, federal data showed.
$12 to fully charge vs $100+ to fill up w gas etc
Yeah, things stay static forever.

When your “1 out of a million” instead of “1 in a million” it’s different.

I know several EV owners, self included, and your assumed projection has never been discussed as a reason for driving an EV. But things like one pedal driving, crazy torque, energy diversity on oil/gas, near zero maintenance costs, and $12 to fully charge vs $100+ to fill up w gas etc is. We keep our vehicles for 10+ years usually so eventually the ROI will catch up.

If anything you are projecting more about yourself. What does BLM or wearing masks have to do with driving an EV?
It's all rolled up in the "get off my lawn" and "kids these days have it easy" mentality.

meddling kids.jpg

TBH, the reason that I am considering a cyber truck (specifically CT, not just any EV):
-I am 51 now...I'll probably be at least 55 before I can buy one. That means I'll have less than 30 years left in my driving lifetime. If all goes to plan, the overbuilt exterior, minimalist interior, reduced moving parts, continuous software updates and projected MILLION mile lifetime batteries....it would be the last car I will ever have to buy. Any cost over 30 years is pretty negligible....especially with 30 years of significant fuel reduction to boot.
-Original list price for the double motor, which is listed at 400 miles per charge and ability to tow damn near anything allowed on the road WAS $59,000. This is on par with what ICE trucks with similar features would cost, or at least in the ballpark.
-full self driving is going to be a thing. My money is on Tesla getting it right first. because they are pushing harder than anyone right now out in the real world. This has the potential to make driving in my twilight years safer....maybe even extend my ability to drive by x number of years.
-The ability to travel without worrying about how much gas will cost in 5-25 years. Charging station capabilities will continue to expand.
-Save the Dogdamn planet. (how did that sneak in here?)

It's all rolled up in the "get off my lawn" and "kids these days have it easy" mentality.

View attachment 979183
Just as easy for me to say “it’s the damn kids” as it is for you to say “it’s a damn old man”.
That seems to be the fallback here, if you don’t adopt one of these then your an old fuddy duddy. Great argument little kid, it’s about as mature an argument as you are going to get here.

Post some more old man themes if you think that proves your point. We’d live in an electric utopia if it wansnt for all these old men holding us back. Of course these same old men invented your new toys…..

I need to cut and paste a text conversation with a girl that checked everyone of these boxes, plus several more. She’s a recent Vanderbilt graduate that’s now at another prestigious Midwest school working on her master’s. She loaded with life experience, let me tell you. But, I got to hear about watching the planet implode before our eyes if we did not get on the EV “train.” Our conversation occurred less than a week after she traveled to an exotic island escape, which I believe she flew to on a private, electric airplane. She went on and on about masks, yet in her numerous photo dumps to FB, I respectfully pointed out she did not have a mask on in one single picture. Somehow, the conversation devolved into there needs to be more abortions to save the planet, and then the funniest one of them all was that gun control had an affect on us sinking into the oceans in the next year or two. This girl is a genius, but these are the talking points that have been indoctrinated into her fragile mind at these “prestigious” universities.

So, everything @ekricket pointed out is something that regularly fits the mold. Oh, this girl also has no problem with her life of luxury spending time in one of her multiple large houses in different areas in the Midwest. But boy, she’s winning the day with the nonstop signaling she partakes in.

The European benchmark index measuring future electricity prices increased to a record $993 per megawatt hour (MWh) on Monday, days after prices in France and Germany surged 25%, according to European Energy Exchange data compiled by Bloomberg. By comparison, the average price of electricity in the U.S. hit $129 per MWh in June, federal data showed.

Yeah, things stay static forever.

When your “1 out of a million” instead of “1 in a million” it’s different.
We're a long long Long way away from any US EV market saturation suffice to drive up cost of MWh beyond gallon of gas.
Besides I listed a host of reasons why people drive EV's and you snipe one. Most people will never go back to IC vehicles because, aside from spending hundreds of thousands on a supercar, EV's are unmatched in performance.

TBH, the reason that I am considering a cyber truck (specifically CT, not just any EV):
-I am 51 now...I'll probably be at least 55 before I can buy one. That means I'll have less than 30 years left in my driving lifetime. If all goes to plan, the overbuilt exterior, minimalist interior, reduced moving parts, continuous software updates and projected MILLION mile lifetime batteries....it would be the last car I will ever have to buy. Any cost over 30 years is pretty negligible....especially with 30 years of significant fuel reduction to boot.
-Original list price for the double motor, which is listed at 400 miles per charge and ability to tow damn near anything allowed on the road WAS $59,000. This is on par with what ICE trucks with similar features would cost, or at least in the ballpark.
-full self driving is going to be a thing. My money is on Tesla getting it right first. because they are pushing harder than anyone right now out in the real world. This has the potential to make driving in my twilight years safer....maybe even extend my ability to drive by x number of years.
-The ability to travel without worrying about how much gas will cost in 5-25 years. Charging station capabilities will continue to expand.
-Save the Dogdamn planet. (how did that sneak in here?)
Self driving is father away then EV’s. Self driving today to me is distracted driving and almost enabling accidents imho from the cars we offer. Too many variables with self driving…

Otherwise I like your plan and understand your wants/needs!

I need to cut and paste a text conversation with a girl that checked everyone of these boxes, plus several more. She’s a recent Vanderbilt graduate that’s now at another prestigious Midwest school working on her master’s. She loaded with life experience, let me tell you. But, I got to hear about watching the planet implode before our eyes if we did not get on the EV “train.” Our conversation occurred less than a week after she traveled to an exotic island escape, which I believe she flew to on a private, electric airplane. She went on and on about masks, yet in her numerous photo dumps to FB, I respectfully pointed out she did not have a mask on in one single picture. Somehow, the conversation devolved into there needs to be more abortions to save the planet, and then the funniest one of them all was that gun control had an affect on us sinking into the oceans in the next year or two. This girl is a genius, but these are the talking points that have been indoctrinated into her fragile mind at these “prestigious” universities.

So, everything @ekricket pointed out is something that regularly fits the mold. Oh, this girl also has no problem with her life of luxury spending time in one of her multiple large houses in different areas in the Midwest. But boy, she’s winning the day with the nonstop signaling she partakes in.
So you're lumping all EV owners together based on your single experience with one person?
I know 20 EV owners that would agree this person is just plain silly. Still a head scratcher of what EV swag has to do with BLM or masks. For that extra swag I like to drive our MachE around wearing my red maga hat :)

Just as easy for me to say “it’s the damn kids” as it is for you to say “it’s a damn old man”.
That seems to be the fallback here, if you don’t adopt one of these then your an old fuddy duddy. Great argument little kid, it’s about as mature an argument as you are going to get here.

Post some more old man themes if you think that proves your point. We’d live in an electric utopia if it wansnt for all these old men holding us back. Of course these same old men invented your new toys…..
Well, Im closer to your age than to a millenial's....I just don' feel the same need to come in to a thread and crap on it based on a stereotype. Not sure why this needs to get nasty, nor political, but here we go I guess.

My future ride:

ct.jpg

So you're lumping all EV owners together based on your single experience with one person?
I know 20 EV owners that would agree this person is just plain silly. Still a head scratcher of what EV swag has to do with BLM or masks. For that extra swag I like to drive our MachE around wearing my red maga hat :)
How do you like the MachE? I’ve pondered them a bit. As a true car guy, it hurts my feelings that Ford put the Pony badge on it….

But it is what it is. Still a nice vehicle, opinion?

Self driving is father away then EV’s. Self driving today to me is distracted driving and almost enabling accidents imho from the cars we offer. Too many variables with self driving…

Otherwise I like your plan and understand your wants/needs!
It is in development, and 20 years from now....when I will need it, it will be a thing

We're a long long Long way away from any US EV market saturation suffice to drive up cost of MWh beyond gallon of gas.
Besides I listed a host of reasons why people drive EV's and you snipe one. Most people will never go back to IC vehicles because, aside from spending hundreds of thousands on a supercar, EV's are unmatched in performance.
Wasn’t but a couple years ago gas was so cheap I felt like I was back in the 90s.

How do you like the MachE? I’ve pondered them a bit. As a true car guy, it hurts my feelings that Ford put the Pony badge on it….

But it is what it is. Still a nice vehicle, opinion?
Mach E is nice. GT is silly fast. Love the space a hatchback offers. Interior is too blah for me tho.

Well, Im closer to your age than to a millenial's....I just don' feel the same need to come in to a thread and crap on it based on a stereotype. Not sure why this needs to get nasty, nor political, but here we go I guess.

My future ride:

View attachment 979209
I live in Austin and think it would be cool to purchase one off the local line.

If it was really that imperative then we could all just stop driving. Before you say impossible, consider the years of lockdown when nobody went anywhere.

Until you go there then all you are doing is buying pretty fancy toys that few can afford/obtain and showing them off. You can justify it in your head any way you want, but at the end of the day they are just newer shinier toys to brag on.

So brag on! Tell us how great you are and show us by putting some pictures up. Do you “know somebody” that can get you one sooner?
If so then you are cool. Probably so cool you can turn your AC off and -no wait, electricity is cheap! Planet getting hot? Turn up the AC, electricity’s cheap in the US!!!

I'd like an electric truck. Simply put, it makes life a little easier. No trips to the gas station. If they can do inductive charging, it would become even easier yet. Air becomes a little cleaner where I live. The TVA (which is the nations largest public utility) uses fossil fuels for only 37% of it's energy, while my gas truck derives 100% from fossil fuels.

But current prices are still too high. Government incentives tend to get swallowed up by the car companies trying to maximize profit, so I will wait and continue to burn long-dead carbon forms, and resist any trip unless I can multi-task the trip. Not to save the planet, but to save me money.

My future ride:

View attachment 979209
It’s right up there with one of these. It’s cars on the road that pollute. Get them off the road and problem solved.

1662049639117.jpeg

If it was really that imperative then we could all just stop driving. Before you say impossible, consider the years of lockdown when nobody went anywhere.

Until you go there then all you are doing is buying pretty fancy toys that few can afford/obtain and showing them off. You can justify it in your head any way you want, but at the end of the day they are just newer shinier toys to brag on.

So brag on! Tell us how great you are and show us by putting some pictures up. Do you “know somebody” that can get you one sooner?
If so then you are cool. Probably so cool you can turn your AC off and -no wait, electricity is cheap! Planet getting hot? Turn up the AC, electricity’s cheap in the US!!!
ugh.

Y’all are wild.

Buy whatever you wanna buy. (Or rent it from the bank)

Live your best life. Wear your favorite shoes. Eat steak or kale.

Oh, and EVs are fun and cool toys. Except the leaf. It’s not very cool….

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom