Donations for CCFA (1 Viewer)

Mr Tree

Straight Flush
Reaction score
I'm not one who usually asks for help, but I am reaching out to the community on this one.

This is not a story many people here know as I never felt it was appropriate to share often. Seven years ago my first wife Shelly passed away shortly after the birth of our daughter due to severe complications from Crohn's Disease. This was obviously a traumatic event in my life that I will carry with me until the end of my days.

Shelly's nephew Mark is turning thirteen this year and is honoring her memory for his Bar Mitzvah. He is walking in the Take Steps for the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA). This one strikes very deeply for me and I want to help Mark as much as I can.

For anyone on this site who donates $10 I will give you an entry for a raffle for a unique Hitching Post swag item. I have no idea what it will be yet as I haven't any idea myself, but I will try to make something special. Anyone who contributes $50 gets three entries and a $100 or more contribution gets eight entries. I have no way of tracking donations as this is not my personal page so this is on the honor system. If you put a donation in please let me know in this thread.

Thank you guys, your support in this means a lot to me. Here is my nephew's email with the pertinent links for donating.

For my mitzvah project, I will be walking in the Take Steps for Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) in memory of my Aunt Shelly, who passed away in 2009 at age 35, due to complications from Crohn's.

I have also been personally affected by Crohn's -- I was diagnosed with this painful disease when I was ten years old. Medication and continuous doctor visits have helped me a great deal. But there is no cure, so this will be a lifelong disease to manage.

There are nearly 1 in 200 Americans suffering daily from inflammatory bowel diseases. Life for them is a roller coaster of active and remitting disease, intense pain and the threat of long term hospital stays and multiple surgeries. My commitment to form a team is an important step to finding cures!

My team, "In Loving Memory of Shelly," will be walking in the Take Steps for the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA). Take Steps is CCFA's national walk and celebration and the nation's largest event dedicated to finding cures for inflammatory bowel diseases. I would love for you to join my team and walk with me in memory of my Aunt Shelly to help raise money to help fight this painful disease. My commitment is to recruit team members who will join me in raising money to find cures for these devastating chronic illnesses.

Please register to be a part of my team by clicking the link below. Once you've joined, I challenge you to register yourself online, set a fundraising goal and get started by sending emails to your family and friends. Register and raise $100 and you will receive an official Take Steps t-shirt!!

There are nearly 1 in 200 Americans suffering daily from inflammatory bowel diseases. Life for them is a roller coaster of active and remitting disease, intense pain and the threat of long term hospital stays and multiple surgeries. Our commitment to form a team is an important step to finding cures!

Please join me today by registering and fundraising.

Thank you,

Mark

Click here to visit my personal page.
If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
http://online.ccfa.org/site/TR?px=3...6017&et=hCKJET7ySHJhRSkM2-fRDQ&s_tafId=103354

Donated! Just like the great guys above me, I'll also relinquish my entries...

The cause is very, very near to my heart. My wife and I have been raising money for CCFA for quite a while. My brother-in-law, who is like a real brother to me, has been afflicted with Crohn since his own Bar Mitzvah...

I'm sorry to hear about Shelly's story man but she left behind a beautiful legacy exemplified by her nephew Mark's initiative, not to mention yours...

Mazel Tov to Mark and keep fighting the good fight Tom!

P-

Last edited:
Donated! Just like the great guys above me, I'll also relinquish my entries...

The cause is very, very near to my heart. My wife and I have been raising money for CCFA for quite a while. My brother-in-law, who is like a real brother to me, has been afflicted with Crohn since his own Bar Mitzvah...

I'm sorry to hear about Shelly's story man but she left behind a beautiful legacy exemplified by her nephew Mark's initiative, not to mention yours...

Mazel Tov to Mark and keep fighting the good fight Tom!

P-
You're a class act Paulo. You married into the tribe as well?

Donation made; nephew's goal met.

I won't be as magnanimous as the prior donors - if you're offering raffle entries, I'll take them. Three entries for me, please.
I'm doing something whether those suckers want it or not [emoji1]

A very close cousin of mine has crones and battles it her entire life.

Mr Tree, sorry for your loss. Words cannot express my sympathy for you.

Just knocked @bergs out of his own tournament. Not sure if that's bad karma. To compensate, I donated the proceeds from his bounty chip to a good cause :)

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Done and done.

Best wishes for you nephew, and condolences for your loss.

On a lighter note, I think the proper mitzva would be to raise a stack of high society to bankroll a degen to head to an underground HU match with a Russian mobster. Perhaps you should have been a better influence on the boy.

Done and done.

Best wishes for you nephew, and condolences for your loss.

On a lighter note, I think the proper mitzva would be to raise a stack of high society to bankroll a degen to head to an underground HU match with a Russian mobster. Perhaps you should have been a better influence on the boy.
Clearly I have failed in my role as an uncle [emoji812]️[emoji814]️[emoji813]️[emoji815]️

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom