DONATION THREAD for PCF vendor DESjGN (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

My bad :sick:.....

.....Purple and Green then ? :D:D
Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 11.20.32 PM.png

Just went through my card drawer and removed all Modiano products (roughly $250 worth). These will be stored indefinitely in some bottom drawer. If Modiano comes around and makes things right, I may consider breaking them out of exile. until then, I’m on the hunt for a new favorite setup.

Just went through my card drawer and removed all Modiano products (roughly $250 worth). These will be stored indefinitely in some bottom drawer. If Modiano comes around and makes things right, I may consider breaking them out of exile. until then, I’m on the hunt for a new favorite setup.
Personally I think there is nothing wrong in using what you have. Also, the Modiano Platinum Acetate's are really good cards. Will I buy Modiano products ever again? Not likely, even if they make things right with Desjgn. The way they handled the situation puts them on the banned list for now unless they come around with some huge gesture to make things right. IMO keep them in the rotation until they start showing signs of wear like any other setup.

Personally I think there is nothing wrong in using what you have. Also, the Modiano Platinum Acetate's are really good cards. Will I buy Modiano products ever again? Not likely, even if they make things right with Desjgn. The way they handled the situation puts them on the banned list for now unless they come around with some huge gesture to make things right. IMO keep them in the rotation until they start showing signs of wear like any other setup.

Ya, I may do that down the road... but right now I have a number of other great setups that aren’t getting any play. Great time to explore other offerings.

Ya, I’m not torching my mod decks. Kinda the same philosophy that prevented people from destroying ASM chips when their customer service and quality went off the rails.

No sense in destroying/discarding already purchased products (unless of course you want to). I'm with @tommythecat that I won't spend another dime on their products in the future, but there's no sense in wasting money by not using product already purchased. Up until this situation I have used #$%&ano :mad: products without problems and while I have plenty of alternatives to use those #$%&ano :mad: decks are no worse/better than they were before.

I won't ever play in a money game with the affected Desjgn decks though, and as a company #$%&ano :mad: is pretty much dead to me in the future.

No sense in destroying/discarding already purchased products (unless of course you want to). I'm with @tommythecat that I won't spend another dime on their products in the future, but there's no sense in wasting money by not using product already purchased.
Since when are we expected to act sensibly?

No sense in destroying/discarding already purchased products (unless of course you want to). I'm with @tommythecat that I won't spend another dime on their products in the future, but there's no sense in wasting money by not using product already purchased. Up until this situation I have used #$%&ano :mad: products without problems and while I have plenty of alternatives to use those #$%&ano :mad: decks are no worse/better than they were before.

I won't ever play in a money game with the affected Desjgn decks though, and as a company #$%&ano :mad: is pretty much dead to me in the future.

^^^This. Will I use the Modianos I have? Yes. Will I purchase the Modiano PA's as planned? No. Will I recommend Modiano cards? No.

I called them directly as owner of Pokerstore.is and a board member in PSI ( Poker organisation Iceland ) that is part of sport accord

I got the information that Modiano will reprint and that was always the plan. They don't understand all the furious emails that are coming. They are aware of the problem and recognise it. There was some misunderstanding since the mistake was not in the samples the had but when the received more decks they could see.

It seems that there is some misunderstanding going on and Modiano will fix this so we can stop flaming them.

I called them directly as owner of Pokerstore.is and a board member in PSI ( Poker organisation Iceland ) that is part of sport accord

I got the information that Modiano will reprint and that was always the plan. They don't understand all the furious emails that are coming. They are aware of the problem and recognise it. There was some misunderstanding since the mistake was not in the samples the had but when the received more decks they could see.

It seems that there is some misunderstanding going on and Modiano will fix this so we can stop flaming them.

LOL.

Dave get your fire Extinguisher out.

Eric. Move your cards from the bottom draw to the top

Everyone.... stay calm. !

Will be very happy to see that happen. I can't help but assume if this is true, our "flaming" campaign may have had some impact.

I think we would all welcome a misunderstanding and have Modiano follow up with a re-print without expecting a penny from Jason @desjgn

I will happily eat my words that Modiano is a shithole company if this comes to fruition but I remain very skeptical as @Gunnar appears to be the only one with a positive response from Modiano.

Fingers crossed!!!

Will be very happy to see that happen. I can't help but assume if this is true, our "flaming" campaign may have had some impact.

I think we would all welcome a misunderstanding and have Modiano follow up with a re-print without expecting a penny from Jason @desjgn

I will happily eat my words that Modiano is a shithole company if this comes to fruition but I remain very skeptical as @Gunnar appears to be the only one with a positive response from Modiano.

Fingers crossed!!!

I talked to them for 20minutes. Modiano promised me that they will reprint. They have been producing custom cards for 150years I don't see a reason they would not reprint this to fix a problem. Some emails probably proved the error but I think it is lousy to send them shit when we only know one side of the story.

They also told the that they did not have time to reprint for Christmas as they just got two new machines and wore finishing all the Christmas orders so it seems reprint was always the plan.

Or we can just say that my phonecall fixed everything I can live with that

I talked to them for 20minutes. Modiano promised me that they will reprint. They have been producing custom cards for 150years I don't see a reason they would not reprint this to fix a problem. Some emails probably proved the error but I think it is lousy to send them shit when we only know one side of the story.

They also told the that they did not have time to reprint for Christmas as they just got two new machines and wore finishing all the Christmas orders so it seems reprint was always the plan.

Or we can just say that my phonecall fixed everything I can live with that

If your phone call moved them to do the right thing, thank you. (y) :thumbsup:

but it still doesn't excuse them from ignoring customers & not informing Jason as to why they were putting off correcting the problem. We might not have sent them 'shit" if they bothered communicating this information in a timely manner instead of waiting til their holiday was over, btw it is almost the end of January, how freakin' long is their Christmas season. Hopefully they have contacted Jason with this vital information now that they have enjoyed their holiday. Good & timely communication is a customer service trait that a lot of companies can't grasp.

Promises are all great and stuff but when Jason notifies us that #$%&ano :mad: has contacted him (the customer) and agreed to reprint the cards, I'll feel better. :unsure:

you must've forgotten their initial response where they said their "experts" (or whatever) didn't see any issues with the cards.

They claim that the sheets they left behind for sampling are Okey and problem free.

She acknowledged that they did not see the problem right away, but also said that they did not say there was not a problem as it can differ from sheet to sheet

They claim that the sheets they left behind for sampling are Okey and problem free.

She acknowledged that they did not see the problem right away, but also said that they did not say there was not a problem as it can differ from sheet to sheet

This is somewhat concerning... If they really don't see the problem, then how do we know they are able to fix it with a reprint?

Also - I am temporarily halting donations and removing my PP info from OP until we get official word from @desjgn that the Modiano reprint is happening. If that does happen, we then need to discuss what happens with the funds collected thus far (assuming the Modiano reprint is successful).

PS: Thank you, @Gunnar, for contacting Modiano!

Last edited:
Sounds like Gunnar reached somebody in the blow-job smooth-over department, as opposed to the reps from the here-take-it-in-the-ass-and-like-it division that everybody else contacted.

Until their actual customer -- Desjgn -- has been contacted regarding a proper resolution of the issues involved, nothing has changed.

This is somewhat concerning... If they really don't see they problem, then how do we know they are able to fix it with a reprint?

Also - temporarily halting donations and removing my PP info from OP until we get official word from @desjgn that the reprint is happening. If that does happen, we then need to discuss what happens with the funds collected thus far (assuming the reprint is successful).

PS: Thank you, @Gunnar, for contacting Modiano!
They see the problem in decks they got sent. But they did not see it in their decks.

Maybe due they keep the first or last sheets for them self and they could have been alright

Sounds like Gunnar reached somebody in the blow-job smooth-over department, as opposed to the reps from the here-take-it-in-the-ass-and-like-it division that everybody else contacted.

Until their actual customer -- Desjgn -- has been contacted regarding a proper resolution of the issues involved, nothing has changed.
I have sent Design whom I talked to and he can call them to get this fixed ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom