Does anyone actually play with Matsuis? (5 Viewers)

I'd love a set of Matsui as I dig the inner ring numbers. I’d love a cash set but want $20 and they don’t do those - only 20 or $25

I'd love a set of Matsui as I dig the inner ring numbers. I’d love a cash set but want $20 and they don’t do those - only 20 or $25
Thanks! The 20 without the '$' still looks nice.
Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 12.19.53 AM.png

Thanks! It's my first custom set. I went back and forth so many times, I must have drove Roxana crazy!

Send them your artwork in MS Paint and make them do all the work to get your moneys worth. LOL

I still plan on getting an all 43mm tourney set. I really like Matsui's laminated matte finish labels too. I peeled one out and it wasn't easy. They are heavy duty and the printing is crisp.
Do you think the matte is better than the glossy? I didn't get samples of the matte, the glossy finish does scratch but looks near impossible to peel out.

The funny thing with Matsui chips is they have different bevels in the same line.

For example, a 39mm chip from line A has a style 2 bevel and a 43mm from line A line has a different style bevel. The difference is very noticeable IMO.

I think the chips/edgespots choices with the smallest bevel (sharpest edge) look better. What do you think?

Hi Tommy, how do you tell what bevel style there is on the chip? Is there something in the designation? CC.810-A?

Do you think the matte is better than the glossy? I didn't get samples of the matte, the glossy finish does scratch but looks near impossible to peel out.

Quality wise they are the same IMO. The label adhesion seems the same too. I peeled both types out. The only difference really is one is laminate with glossy material and the other with matte material.

I think matte finish has its advantages. For one, when the light hits a glossy label just right, you can't see it. Not an issue with the matte finish labels.

Hi Tommy, how do you tell what bevel style there is on the chip? Is there something in the designation? CC.810-A?

I don't believe there is a designation. I just go by the sample chips and photos of other Matsui chips.

Quality wise they are the same IMO. The label adhesion seems the same too. I peeled both types out. The only difference really is one is laminate with glossy material and the other with matte material.

I think matte finish has its advantages. For one, when the light hits a glossy label just right, you can't see it. Not an issue with the matte finish labels.

I don't believe there is a designation. I just go by the sample chips and photos of other Matsui chips.
Thanks for your input. I emailed Roxana last night, I assumed my chips were going to be glossy. Turned out they were set to be in matte. But after her input and yours, I left them to be made in matte :)

Thanks! It felt like I was 6 yrs old waiting for Christmas! Felt like it took forever!

Those sure are pretty. That $100 chip face ranks right up there in HOF territory.

Make sure you post a video grabbing a barrel out of a rack. :D

great design on the chip face, too
Thanks, I must have tweaked it a million times driving myself and Roxana crazy in the process. I was going to do the glitter, but decided against it last minuet. By the way, her customer service is superb to say the least. :)
This is the felt I ordered with my table from Rye Park Gaming. It should be coming next week sometime.
Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 6.20.30 PM.png

IMG_20181003_150524.jpg

I added a few more Matsui chips to my sample chip collection and noticed that the same chip that was un-weighted is now weighted. Makes me think you can order chips slugged or not slugged. I emailed them and asked. Will let you know when I hear back.

In my discussions with the Matsui EU rep, it came up that they can use see-through plastic to make chips. However according to him, normal inner ring chips weighing about 12.5 grams would weigh only 4.5 grams if using the see-through plastic. I assume most of this change would be because of the lack of a metal insert.

full

That see through chip is really neat.
These are the ones that I had before that were not weighted. They were in the 7-8g range. 43mm might be closer to 9-10g. I may have to Frankenstein some sample chips and test it out. :)

IMG_20181003_155425.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom