Does anyone actually play with Matsuis? (6 Viewers)

Clearly we need to do a 50mm chip then - large inlay and denoms on the face - you can have your cake and eat it!

Matsui.jpg

Mmmm..... caaaake.

K... here's my updated 39mm SHR set.
Conglom3.png

I know the 10k isn't necessary. I just like it. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Maybe one of the mother of pearl bases for the 100k and a different spot pattern given it's not in the starting stacks:

M100000a.png

Last edited:
Wow.... they really make it prohibitive for individuals to buy a single order.

Good morning!

For the CC.620 mould in 3 colors it’s $ 1.21 per

The mínimum order quantity for each denomination is 500pcs, but you can order less than this amount with a surcharge of 30% applied to the price of the chip.

The artwork fee is $250 per design /style/ denomination that’s different. If you went with an inner ring, which means the denomination would go around the face of the chip instead of in the middle, we would only charge you $250 for the artwork fee.

Sorry, we don’t have any sample sets that show the different colors.

Best regards,
Roxana

Need to find out if that $250 fee is waved if I provide my own artwork. Regardless, it looks like for these they're just not affordable unless it's a group buy.

Plus, nix on sample sets.... :(

Send them your artwork in MS Paint and make them do all the work to get your moneys worth. LOL

I still plan on getting an all 43mm tourney set. I really like Matsui's laminated matte finish labels too. I peeled one out and it wasn't easy. They are heavy duty and the printing is crisp.

Well with such a high artwork fee per denom it really does get pricey.
Still doesn't quite reach CPC levels, but expensive enough that my general interest dropped down far. After all they're just plastic chips...

.... but expensive enough that my general interest dropped down far.

Same here. The right GB would be my only option for these right now. $250 spread over 50,000 chips wouldn't be that bad.

For an individual order, just paying the $250 ONCE is too much IMHO. That's pretty much the cost of a full 300 chip ceramics set at 80¢ a chip!

Last edited:
If the denoms are on the inner ring then I wonder if an individual can order a set of say 1000 chips using the GB colours but pay $250 to have their own labels? That would make it around $1.50 per chip.

You typically don't vary the inlay with Matsui's when the denomination is imbedded in the chip. That makes the overall cost per chip less, as the artwork fee is then spread (on a per chip basis) over the entire set.

Which for a small order 1000-chip custom set, works out to 25c/chip. Pretty reasonable, imo.

If they weren't slick-as-snot plastics..... :cautious:

Get samples, people.

Here's some Matsui Bluse Sands custom tourney set Pr0n. The following are a handful of the ones I took of the set.

I personally thought they were slippery and annoying to play with. On the other hand I LOVED the look of the chips and plaques. I sold them not long after getting them into play at WCB II or III (can't recall which one it was). I also don't remember who I sold the set to, but it was a CT'r (PCF wasn't a site back then). Hopefully they've enjoyed them. They are really gorgeous chips IMO.

Enjoy
J

Blue Sands 006.jpg

Blue Sands 002.jpg

200 stack.JPG
200 stack

Blue Sands 017.jpg

100 stack aligned 2.JPG

1k side stack aligned 1.JPG

full set arial.JPG

re racked 1.JPG
re racked 2.JPG

I may still have a sample set of the Matsui Blue Sands Customs if your interested. Let me know and I will look for them
J

I would like the sample set, thank you. Plz PM me with cost info.

I really like the appearance of the mockups I made several posts up; however, for any of this to be more than a pipe dream I'd have to organize a group buy in effort to get 500 ordered in each denom so as to avoid the 30% surcharge.

Their art fee seems like a bogus cash grab by Matsui but my communications with them have confirmed they won't wave it.

Still, a GB of 500 chips each across 6 denoms would be 3000 chips. Averaging in their art fee brings the cost of each chip up to $1.29.

I' will gladly run a group buy for these but would first want to involve (or at least talk to) an admin and/or someone here who's already run one so as to get it done right and avoid any pitfalls.

I just ordered a custom set from Matsui. Completion date is around sept 24th. I ordered the 39mm non beveled edge. I wish I was aware of this post, but I will give an update when I receive them. The sample chips I got were a bit more slippery than I would have liked, but I liked the color options, feel and mold design. Also, they were a cheaper option than custom compression molds. I have been shuffling the sample chips for about a month and I have noticed that the finger oil/grime has made them way less slippery. Roxana handled my sale, and the customer service was more than excellent.

I just ordered a custom set from Matsui. Completion date is around sept 24th. I ordered the 39mm non beveled edge. I wish I was aware of this post, but I will give an update when I receive them. The sample chips I got were a bit more slippery than I would have liked, but I liked the color options, feel and mold design. Also, they were a cheaper option than custom compression molds. I have been shuffling the sample chips for about a month and I have noticed that the finger oil/grime has made them way less slippery. Roxana handled my sale, and the customer service was more than excellent.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I've been waiting to piggyback a Matusi order.

:unsure:

I hope they come out great. (y) :thumbsup: Post pics when complete!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I've been waiting to piggyback a Matusi order.

:unsure:

I hope they come out great. (y) :thumbsup: Post pics when complete!

I feel you on that, shipping was astronomical! I would have felt horrible if not for Tommy. But if I were more in tune with the forum we could have placed a gigantic order :(

I got confirmation from Matsui USA that the under 500 MOQ fee is normally 30%, but they are approaching a slow time (fall/winter) so they can keep it at 15%.
For the WPS Horseshoe GB, I was planning on ordering 420 of everything, and can bump it up to 500 if needed so the surcharge won't apply.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom