Does anyone actually play with Matsuis? (1 Viewer)

Start of a new 43mm Matsui set that I'm working on.

43.jpg

43mmset.png

I like the colors but tbh I'm more of a fan of the smaller inlays with the elaborate spot patterns. However I'm probably not going to participate in a GB for these (having picked up a Raddison set) so my opinion doesn't matter much :)

Reactions: Nex
Might try a design with the gold or silver foil showing through like these. (no gold or silver rings though)

IMG_20180724_232542.jpg

I like the colors but tbh I'm more of a fan of the smaller inlays with the elaborate spot patterns. However I'm probably not going to participate in a GB for these (having picked up a Raddison set) so my opinion doesn't matter much :)

Big inlays/labels need some love too. ;) The idea came from the Super Higher Roller set so the big label works better. (for me anyway) ;)

WPT, not World Poker Tour but World Poker Tournament.

Better font for the "Star Tournament" is Clarendon BD Bt.

Thanks, its a crappy photochop. I'll see if that font is included.

Pricing info...

2 color 39mm chip is $1.15, 3 color $1.21
2 color 43mm chips is $1.27, 3 color $1.33
2 color 45mm chips is $1.50, 3 color $1.56

Yikes! Is that with or without volume discounts (if any)?

I might be up for a GB of these if the price is lower (and there are 39mm tourney chips).

If not I'll keep looking into ceramics.

Matsui chips are high-end plastics, and none of them are cheap. Bud Jones, Dolphin, Gemaco, even RT Plastics when still open cost close to or more than commercially-available clay chips.

Yikes! Is that with or without volume discounts (if any)?

I might be up for a GB of these if the price is lower (and there are 39mm tourney chips).

If not I'll keep looking into ceramics.

All 39mm or a mix of 39mm and 43mm? For the set I'm working on, they will be all 43mm but 39mm versions could be done if there is enough interest.

All 39mm for me. I have nothing against 43mm. It's just that all my storage capacity is for 39's.

Please don't make changes/accommodations just for me though. These are likely outside my price range at $1.21 for a 3-color chip.

I just got some samples from Matsui. Been toying around with the idea of getting a set made for a while now. If there is interest in getting some made, let me know and we can work on a design. I can run a GB come Jan.

View attachment 181636

I'm interested in the WSOP version from Matsui if we get that design in a group buy i'm totally in!

What I like about Matsui and others is that you can have the denoms molded into the chips leaving the label to be denom free and not interfere with the artwork.

What I like about Matsui and others is that you can have the denoms molded into the chips leaving the label to be denom free and not interfere with the artwork.

Excellent point. I've always liked chips with denoms on the face outside the label/inlay.

Just for fun I played around with the tool a bit just to see what I'd do if I were to build a set of these for SHR: :D

Conglom1.png

I still have an extreme interest in 43mm (or larger) chips. Ideally, I want a barrel to relabel as gifts for my Zombie Poker Club Hall of Fame members (the Golden Chip as opposed to the Golden Jacket). Because I'm not interested in the inlay, these could be made as Bounties, Dealer buttons, whatever - I'm popping them out, so little difference to me. Just hoping these can piggy-back on another Matsui order, and there's enough interest so I don't have to front the whole ~$400 to get it to minimum orders.

Untitled.png

Matsui's mother of pearl body color options look quite sick. That in combination with those 4 color 39mm chips... ayy. I saved some nice mockups.
If I ever have a set of them made at all, it will be in far future though. Nice to know the rough price point to expect however. At these chip prices might very well be feasible just inflating the set size to reach the minimum qty per denom. Still somewhat affordable compared to CPCs.

But I'd definitely pick up some samples first before committing. Do they just give these sample sets out like that, or do you have to propose potential near-term business for it, or place a deposit or something?

Last edited:
With this group that shouldn’t be too difficult. Are you sure you want to ship that many chips?

Matsui's mother of pearl body color options look quite sick.

"Sick" indeed. I can see myself picking one of the pearl colors for the top end 100k chips of a SHR set; maybe the pearl gold.

price break if it’s over 50,000pcs

Do we know how much of a break? I'm guessing it's unrealistic to hope these would come down to the 70¢-80¢ price range that the bulk of the GB ceramics have been floating at.

DOWN!
Looking for 1000pc custom cash set of beautiful unique matsuis.
PM me if the GB is going to happen:)

With this group that shouldn’t be too difficult. Are you sure you want to ship that many chips?
Yeah, that's no problem.

Do we know how much of a break? I'm guessing it's unrealistic to hope these would come down to the 70¢-80¢ price range that the bulk of the GB ceramics have been floating at.

If it gets near the 50K mark, I can inquire about it. I don't think they will go that low. 5 - 15 cents it probably more realistic.

Excellent point. I've always liked chips with denoms on the face outside the label/inlay.

Just for fun I played around with the tool a bit just to see what I'd do if I were to build a set of these for SHR: :D

View attachment 188842

I was looking at those last night. I have a sample of that chip too. Its not bad.

IMG_20180726_142303.jpg

Well. there was a Matsui Tournament Poker GB on CT in 2011, in 40 and 43mm, and they're pretty nice chips. I still have my set (of course!) See the February thread here by Felix: "Cleaning out the closet" and the "Gone but not forgotten" thread:
awt7vb.jpg

These chips have to make it back lol. I will buy the whole lot!

I was looking at those last night. I have a sample of that chip too. Its not bad.

View attachment 189000

That 50k is beautiful. That looks a lot better than the grey 10k in my mockup so would probably opt with that instead for that denom. Will have to redo the mockup when I get home from work. :D

How'd you get your samples, if I may ask?

I'm really torn. I'm really liking these now more than I did at initial glance, despite the cost. (part of being a chipper, I suppose). Even a potential 5-15¢ discount as you say would help a lot.

Thus, I'm seriously considering these for my tourney set. Perhaps have two different sets for a GB... one 39mm and one 43?

How'd you get your samples, if I may ask?

For the most recent samples that I got from them, I created an account so I could save my chip tool designs. A few days later I got an email from the head of sales asking if I needed any chip info. I asked if they could send me some samples.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom