Do you take rake when hosting a game? (1 Viewer)

Nope, would never play at a raked game.

Scenario:

You play in a raked game.

Game gets busted, because someone called and tipped off law enforcement (for any reason)

The host is now arrested, and you have a federal subpoena to appear in a federal court.

You’re just a player, along with every other player, which immediately turns into survivor games…

First to help the FBI agent assigned to the case wins.

Your life falls into shambles.

All of you and your friends have told on one another to save yourselves.

Your wife leaves you.

You’re fired.

You’re on the way home from the initial hearing, BAM! Car accident, because you were so depressed by the entire situation and weren’t paying attention.

The car accident left you paralyzed.

Nobody visits you…. In jail. While paralyzed.

Furthermore, your beautiful Paulson are taken, because you let the host who had the raked game use them once. They are now evidence tagged as a “gambling device” and will be auctioned.

And your dog died. From sadness. Because you left.
Wow. My Witness Protection is going way better than that scenario. Damn!
Besttobefirsttothefbi!

Just curious for those who host games, do you take rake for snacks ans stuff?
Not a rake, but I usually ask players to chip in $10 at the beginning of the night. I order a full box of Jimmy John's subs (that alone is $70) , have chips, salsa, queso, beer, quality bourbon (at least a bottle of eagle rare and weller antique).

It is a fun time that easily costs me $200. Recouping $90ish of that is fine. I don't mind being out the other $110. I usually win multiples of that throughout the night. But at least I get some of it back.

Some raked games are fine, like an online private club. But a random 1/3 or 2/5 home game with a rake? I'll pass.

In my home game, the host asked if anyone want to do tip flip, where there will be no betting. Every player want to participate put in like 5bb. Goes all the way to the river, winner take 60% and host take 40% as tip. Host was dealing too

Ok hear me out, ima do this next game I host. I will rake, but it’s going to a 30 min bomb pot. I won’t keep the rake, but this might be fun? Idk lol

Not a rake, but I usually ask players to chip in $10 at the beginning of the night. I order a full box of Jimmy John's subs (that alone is $70) , have chips, salsa, queso, beer, quality bourbon (at least a bottle of eagle rare and weller antique).

It is a fun time that easily costs me $200. Recouping $90ish of that is fine. I don't mind being out the other $110. I usually win multiples of that throughout the night. But at least I get some of it back.

Some raked games are fine, like an online private club. But a random 1/3 or 2/5 home game with a rake? I'll pass.
How can I get an invite? I will happily kick in $30 for a sub and some bourbon. Also, can you please move to Texas...

How can I get an invite? I will happily kick in $30 for a sub and some bourbon. Also, can you please move to Texas...
Haha! I try to be a good host. It's a good group of players. We all know each other and while the games can get large and highly competitive, we're still there to have fun. Some solid food and drink always makes it a good time!

It's "bring your own beer" and we order takeout at the lovejoy residence.
Keeps my expenses to a managable ~$20 for snacks and drinks for the scatterbrains who came unprepared.

I try to provide the best possible poker experience with chips, cards, table and chairs, but I'm buying those mostly for my own benefit and would never charge anyone for it.

So no, I never had to take a rake and don't see a scenario where I ever would.

Nope, would never play at a raked game.

Scenario:

You play in a raked game.

Game gets busted, because someone called and tipped off law enforcement (for any reason)

The host is now arrested, and you have a federal subpoena to appear in a federal court.

You’re just a player, along with every other player, which immediately turns into survivor games…

First to help the FBI agent assigned to the case wins.

Your life falls into shambles.

All of you and your friends have told on one another to save yourselves.

Your wife leaves you.

You’re fired.

You’re on the way home from the initial hearing, BAM! Car accident, because you were so depressed by the entire situation and weren’t paying attention.

The car accident left you paralyzed.

Nobody visits you…. In jail. While paralyzed.

Furthermore, your beautiful Paulson are taken, because you let the host who had the raked game use them once. They are now evidence tagged as a “gambling device” and will be auctioned.

And your dog died. From sadness. Because you left.
It's insane that by the 3rd line i was thinking, "I know someone that sounds like this".

dawg.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom