Do you have plans yet for November 20th? (1 Viewer)

12thMan

Full House
Reaction score
I do. :D

I turned 18 in 1997 so I was a little too young to be able to fully absorb the Seattle music scene when it was in it's full effect, but I didn't do too bad for a high school kid from the suburbs and I have some incredible memories from those times of bands playing "small" shows around town. There was always rumors of secret Temple of the Dog shows that never materialized after their brief run, same thing with the guy who swears his brothers girlfriends dad cousin to the mail man saw them all together at a house party in the u district/ a bar in ballard/a closed for the night record shop/yoiu know that one park where you can see the space needle on the hill/etc etc etc...we held out hope they would keep going but it was all probably bull shit and we knew it.

I wasn't a huge TotD fan but I am not missing this show and I just found out my ticket is already secured. Way excited.

Chris Cornell
Mike McCready
Jeff Ament
Matt Cameron
Stone Gossard
Eddie Vedder (the guy that's getting me the ticket knows a little something apparently (supposedly?) and even though he won't be at all stops for Seattle he'll be there. Not going to be crushed if he isn't, but I am keeping my hopes up.)

It is going to be nothing like those shows of old just because it never could be, and I suppose at 37 I'll most likely be prefunking with a Northwest Speedball (triple shot latte and some bubba kush ;) ) rather than mushrooms like might have seemed like a good idea at 18 or 19 (only did them two times, but they were both at concerts I had an incredible time at, Tom Petty and Dave Mathews at the Gorge at sunset are two of a long list of favorite music memories), but it's still going to be insane. I'm looking forward to this concert more than I have any in a good while.

Anybody see any good concerts this summer? Anybody have anything coming up you are looking forward to?

It kills me that I won't be able to see them on that mini-tour, and I'm all but certain that Vedder will be at the Seattle show.

I was thinking about the NYC show as that's the closest it'll be for me. If my in-laws still lived in south Jersey I probably would have gone to the PHL show. I've seen over a half dozen PJ shows and those are fantastic. Being that this one is in Seattle it will be phenomenal hopefully they release the bootleg on the PJ website. Enjoy.

November 20th? Lessee...yep, that's toenail clippin' day. If I have time I may even floss.

But seriously, that'd be a hell of a show.

I was at Lollapalooza in 1992, where both Pearl Jam and Soundgarden were on the bill (Headlined by Red Hot Chili Peppers, also on the bill The Jesus and Mary Chain, Ministry, Ice Cube, and Lush).

The guys from Pearl Jam and Soundgarden played a few TOTD songs. Great show!

Just listened to this album for a bit the other day. Great record. Couldn't help but put on some Mother Love Bone afterward as well. Concert should be a blast!

Only show I have coming up at the moment is Wayne Hancock, but I'm looking forward to it since he was off the road for a while after a motorcycle injury.

I was at Lollapalooza in 1992, where both Pearl Jam and Soundgarden were on the bill (Headlined by Red Hot Chili Peppers, also on the bill The Jesus and Mary Chain, Ministry, Ice Cube, and Lush).

I saw that tour, too, in Cincinnati. Ministry absolutely blew my mind. My friend broke his knee in the pit and refused to leave until the show was over.

Show at Lake Fairfax, I was there also. Great show!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom