Do you consider trapping bad etiquette? (2 Viewers)

Budha

Flush
Reaction score
If playing against a very aggressive player that consistently over bets the river (all-in or huge bet on the river), do you consider setting a trap bad etiquette?

Example: Limp call several hands (maybe more then you might normally play) and fold against the river bet, to set up when/if you hit the flop/make your hand and then slow play it knowing the guy will push on the river.

I personally feel like that’s poker, nothing wrong with it. But have read that some people would consider that bad etiquette..?

And GO -

That’s just poker.

IMG_6343.gif

Last edited:
If playing against a very aggressive player that consistently over bets the river (all-in or huge bet on the river), do you consider setting a trap bad etiquette?

Example: Limp call several hands (maybe more then you might normally play) and fold against the river bet, to set up when/if you hit the flop/make your hand and then slow play it knowing the guy will push on the river.

I personally feel like that’s poker, nothing wrong with it. But have read that some people would consider that bad etiquette..?

And GO -
One guy I used to know made it illegal to check raise. Seriously?! He's just mad he got trapped. Trapping is part of the game. You're gambling that someone will play back. If they check it down you don't get paid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom