Dirty Stack HSI second... Circus vs Paris (1 Viewer)

Roslindale

Straight
Reaction score
We play multiple types of games here, often 5c-10c or 25c-25c, sometimes 25c-50c.

I am setting up my HSI secondary set with fracs of 5c and 25c. The question is:
Do I go with the
CIRCUS $1 or PARIS $1 for my quarter?
20230403_181217.jpg
20230403_181235.jpg

I really do like the look of the Circus over the Paris. I think that the color just matches better with the Aurora $2.50 that is to be the nickle, and with the HSI $1 & $5.

Here is the problem that I need to fully understand before making the final decision. The CIRCUS $1 definitely has dirty stack issues with the HSI $5. To the point that when putting away chips this morning, I thought I lost two of the CIRCUS chips, because they were mixed with the $5's.
Screenshot_20230403_182751_Gallery.jpg

It was already a pain dealing with the dirty stack this morning at cleaning up after playing around with chips to see how they work... and I wonder if I will be just setting myself up for failure if I go with the CIRCUS long term?

Currently I like the CIRCUS so much more than the PARIS for this set up, that I'm thinking about still going forward with murdering the CIRCUS chips and getting it done.

Please let me know any thoughts or comments you have on this.

I'm always the guy to minimize dirty stack implications. So realize I'm pretty much ignoring that part of the question. But the circus has a better blue and its 818 pattern compliments the 618 nickel nicely - I think its an easy decision.

Thank you for the feedback @upNdown .

I agree that without the dirty stack issue, it would be a no-brainer for me in terms of going with the CIRCUS. I did have a friend look at it, and he voiced concern over the dirty stack, to the point that it was not an option and that the Paris was the way to go.

I'll be interested to hear from people that might of had sets with dirty stack issues, and if it was worth the trouble.

I'll be interested to hear from people that might of had sets with dirty stack issues, and if it was worth the trouble.
Personally dirty stack issues are on the top of my list and a cause for immediate disqualification.

I've had chips that were only slightly dirty (low light or across the table could be an issue) and that was enough for me to sub out the chip.

Better to find this out pre-murder.

I agree that dirty stack issues have to be a top priority. It's going to cause problems. It's something you don't want to worry about.

I completely understand the conundrum here. I have all the chips that you've mentioned... The CC $1s, the secondary HSIs, and the Paris. IMO Nothing comes close to the CC $1s ... But I just don't think you can use them with the HSI secondary $5s.

Personally dirty stack issues are on the top of my list and a cause for immediate disqualification.

I've had chips that were only slightly dirty (low light or across the table could be an issue) and that was enough for me to sub out the chip.

dirty stack issues have to be a top priority. It's going to cause problems. It's something you don't want to worry about.

I completely understand the conundrum here. I have all the chips that you've mentioned... The CC $1s, the secondary HSIs, and the Paris. IMO Nothing comes close to the CC $1s ... But I just don't think you can use them with the HSI secondary $5s.
I truly appreciate the feedback.

The CIRCUS chip really works for my aesthetic and artistic needs... all the while, my brain is telling me not to do it because of the dirty stack.

I really was leaning heavily towards going Circus before this thread. Now I'd say I'm leaning heavily towards Paris... and of course using the Circus with another chip that I already for a 3rd cash set... not that I truly need it.

I truly appreciate the feedback.

The CIRCUS chip really works for my aesthetic and artistic needs... all the while, my brain is telling me not to do it because of the dirty stack.

I really was leaning heavily towards going Circus before this thread. Now I'd say I'm leaning heavily towards Paris... and of course using the Circus with another chip that I already for a 3rd cash set... not that I truly need it.
Let me ask. What is your history with dirty stack issues? Do you see it happen a lot? When it does happen, does it seem like a big deal to you? When you said “putting them away this morning,” was that after a game, or just fooling around with the chips? Because if was after a game and people cashed out dirty stacks, then yeah, that’s a huge problem. But otherwise, is it a problem?
I can only speak for my own experience but I’ve literally never played in a game where dirty stacks were actually a problem. Yeah it happens from time to time and then somebody notices and problem solved.

Anyway, if you haven’t actually played with that configuration, I say play them and see how it goes. If it’s a problem, you’ll know you have to switch. But if it’s not, then you get to use the chip that you seem to like better.

@upNdown

We were playing a very small stakes game of 1c-2c, with the CIRCUS $1 as the one and the HSI $5 as the five.

While we were playing, I didn't really notice any dirty stack issues. It wasn't till cleaning up that it was an issue. We only paid out one person, the rest put the money towards food and drinks. (It was a $1 buy-in, with re-buys of $2).

I like your idea of testing it out first. I'll put together some games that will use the Circus as the $1, just to see and pay attention to the dirty stack situation. I hadn't thought of it before the game we played. The way it went down was, chips came in the mail on Saturday, and we got them on the table that night for a little fun poker and companionship.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom