Dinner Plans? (10 Viewers)

Colleen texted me earlier. She is making a full on Thanksgiving dinner for tonight. Damn I love her.

Steak and Guinness Pie. But in honor of the blizzard that wasn't, not St. Pats Day.

IMG_7596.JPG

Broke out the grill last night.

Step 1

20170402_171015_zpspwv0nbad.jpg

Ribeye, Grilled marinated Eggplant, cucumbers/sour cream/dill, and a salad. I marinated the Eggplant in oil, balsamic vinegar and thyme.

image_zpseqzwka6c.jpg

I'm feeling a little rough today. I think I had one to many Bourbons

PZ and I wrapped up S@P with a trip to Staplehouse for lunch. All items are served to share. You order all your plates and the chef will decide which order to serve them based upon palate, weight, etc. We ended up with four courses (the server talked us into it).

Round 1 is posted on the S@P thread.

Round 2 was the chicken liver tart with green strawberries, ginger, and pecan.
2017-04-09 12.59.04.jpg

Round 3 was a vegetarian dish of carrots, broccoli, dill and peas. The carrots were cooked, then dehydrated, then re-hydrated in carrot juice and miso base. The texture was like an apricot with a lot of carrot flavor. Oh, and the peas were actually placed onto pea puree dots.
2017-04-09 13.12.20.jpg

The final course was Dungeness crab, celery, kohlrabi (sliced super thin), and white peas. Lovely!
2017-04-09 13.21.26.jpg

All of this was enjoyed with a different bottle of Riesling wine than we thought we ordered. And the first bottle was corked (good for the server to catch that!).
2017-04-09 12.32.41.jpg

PZ and I wrapped up S@P with a trip to Staplehouse for lunch. All items are served to share. You order all your plates and the chef will decide which order to serve them based upon palate, weight, etc. We ended up with four courses (the server talked us into it).

Round 1 is posted on the S@P thread.

Round 2 was the chicken liver tart with green strawberries, ginger, and pecan.
View attachment 92837

Round 3 was a vegetarian dish of carrots, broccoli, dill and peas. The carrots were cooked, then dehydrated, then re-hydrated in carrot juice and miso base. The texture was like an apricot with a lot of carrot flavor. Oh, and the peas were actually placed onto pea puree dots.
View attachment 92839

The final course was Dungeness crab, celery, kohlrabi (sliced super thin), and white peas. Lovely!
View attachment 92840

All of this was enjoyed with a different bottle of Riesling wine than we thought we ordered. And the first bottle was corked (good for the server to catch that!).
View attachment 92841
I had a very similar chicken liver tart when I was there. The crab dish looks fantastic!

I hope everyone is enjoying a relaxing Easter Sunday. We are preparing a little dinner for the family minus one. Baby girl went to Plano with her "friend".
The table is set.
IMG_2038.JPG

And a quick peak at the main course.
Herb crusted pork tenderloin.

IMG_2039.JPG

Happy Easter everyone

David O

Last edited:
I wanted to surprise my wife with a nice dinner yesterday. She has worked her ass off this weekend. She loves mushrooms (I don't). I decided to make stuffed Portobello mushroom burgers with caramelized onions served with sweet potato fries.

I marinated the Mushrooms in a balsamic vinegar dressing.

She said it was one of her favorite dishes.

20170416_175236_zpsugvzzip0.jpg

20170416_181503_zpstkgxfvg2.jpg

That photo tells me everything I need to know about who organizes things around the DD household. One plate has potatoes in a neat "gravy pool" format, and no food is touching. The other looks like it was plated from 15' away, and a victory dance ensued when the last piece of bread landed on the plate.

Only better would be DD's wife's face when she walks into the kitchen and sees a half a loaf of buttered bread slices scattered about and stuck to various appliances and cupboard doors.

That photo tells me everything I need to know about who organizes things around the DD household. One plate has potatoes in a neat "gravy pool" format, and no food is touching. The other looks like it was plated from 15' away, and a victory dance ensued when the last piece of bread landed on the plate.

Only better would be DD's wife's face when she walks into the kitchen and sees a half a loaf of buttered bread slices scattered about and stuck to various appliances and cupboard doors.

The only wrong way to apply gravy is not to apply it at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom