Dinner Plans? (7 Viewers)

My wife made some feijoada
19717FDB-5460-40E9-9A72-3C95A7ED944D.jpeg

Bill, you make so many great dishes, but we really need to crowdfund you some plates that don't fight so much with the food...

Thanks for the compliment. I'd love to replace the dishes but not drive loves them. She doesn't care that they don't photograph well lol.

Trust me, I understand completely. My household as been treating it as shelter in place since the middle of March when we cancelled all spring break activity but Governor Abbott won't call for shelter in place so it has been on the cities to call it themselves. Dallas County did it this past weekend, Waco was yesterday, Austin and Houston are planning to announce it today. Even in Houston, the Mayor isn't calling for it so county Judge Hidalgo is, she's only 29 years old.

Instead it's been social distancing, no groups more than 10 and most major events were cancelled along with dining inside restaurants.

I'm also going to add, those fries look terrible.

I've never tried Wingstop. They're in the area, I just keep missing them. It's hard to skip past home wings, or BW3 if we are out.

I thought that the first time I had WingStop too. They are definitely ugly fries but flavor wise one of my favorites. I'm guessing they only single or double fry them instead of double fry with a blanching in between? Five Guys also has ugly fries but I like those too. In and Out also have ugly fries but I hate those.

BW3 has a superior dine in experience and a great bar seating area, but I think WingStop has better flavor. Locally there's a place called Plucker's that used to be my favorite during college. Now their flavors seem to all be bland and the wings always come overly fried and crispy. They still have the best fried pickles around though. Their fried pickles are cut into spears and not chips and their breading is extra crunchy outside.

Destroyed a couple more steaks tonight from the steakhouse down the street decreasing inventory. Charred them a little more that I would like but still damn good. Even cooked a couple for work tomorrow.

Sous vide Steak, finished with Pecan smoke. Served with a twice baked potato on a onion demi glace, and peas and carrots.
1585181319752.png

The real reason I love the sous vide, is the perfect medium rare cook.
1585181552051.png

Dessert was a chocolate crepe with raspberry mascarpone.
1585182109393.png

Thanks for the compliment. I'd love to replace the dishes but not drive loves them. She doesn't care that they don't photograph well lol.

You only need one plate for pictures! White Corelle at you nearest grocery store! :cool

(Yeah, I hate white too, but it really works for pics...)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom