Dinner Plans? (17 Viewers)

One word: women. "You cant't live with them; you can't stuff 'em in a sack."

(Quoted from another famous Larry. First one to correctly identify the source by name and origin, as well as the contents and manufacturer of the box in the top center, wins the rack of chips, shipped US (+additional shipping cost anywhere else). If anyone wants them, that is. :cool )

View attachment 432103
Larry from Newhart show (with 2 brothers named Darryl!) Also Penn tennis balls in the box. Hope I'm right I already have one rack of these and it will make my tournament set more playable!

Larry from Newhart show (with 2 brothers named Darryl!) Also Penn tennis balls in the box. Hope I'm right I already have one rack of these and it will make my tournament set more playable!

Ding ding ding!

Wait a minute -- hard court or clay court balls? :cool

Not only a winner, but a good home where they'll be put to use -- winner winner!

Shoot me your address, Mike...
(I should have been tricky -- I could have had anything in the Penn box, actually. "Sorry -- it's full of dead geckos...")

Shaken steak (bo luc loc) with asparagus, mushrooms and onions
C2B9094F-6FBB-47A1-BF16-9877283DC750.jpeg

Recipe here: https://www.skinnytaste.com/vietnamese-shaking-beef-bo-luc-lac/

Last edited:
I'm going to start posting recipes with my pictures. I did that with a group at work just to help give others ideas on things to cook during this time. Figured it might help someone.

I'm going to start posting recipes with my pictures. I did that with a group at work just to help give others ideas on things to cook during this time. Figured it might help someone.

I thought about doing that. Then I figured is someone wants the recipe they could just PM or post and ask for it.

Two things have really helped me become a better cook. 1. Having @Poker Zombie as my personal on call mentor (thanks). 2. cookingbites.com forum. Its a small cooking forum. They present weekly/monthly cooking challenges that have really helped me become creative.

Here is one of the more creative recipes that I made. Chicken with a banana curry sauce (I also make my own curry spices now :) )

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/chicken-with-a-banana-curry-sauce.13708/

I thought about doing that. Then I figured is someone wants the recipe they could just PM or post and ask for it.

Two things have really helped me become a better cook. 1. Having @Poker Zombie as my personal on call mentor (thanks). 2. cookingbites.com forum. Its a small cooking forum. They present weekly/monthly cooking challenges that have really helped me become creative.

Here is one of the more creative recipes that I made. Chicken with a banana curry sauce (I also make my own curry spices now :) )

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/chicken-with-a-banana-curry-sauce.13708/
Bookmarked!

Going to try to tackle making desserts soon. I'm bad about measuring quantities (dab of this, handful of that, etc) so this will be a challenge for me.

(I should have been tricky -- I could have had anything in the Penn box, actually. "Sorry -- it's full of dead geckos...")

Actually, I went out and checked, and that particular Penn box is full of Chipco racks. No kidding.

The two boxes of tennis balls are on the other side of the garage... :cool

LOL. I've burned and/or overcooked bbq before to where it's dry. I have to say it surprisingly made more more sad than I thought it would. These bluetooth temperature monitoring devices are really nifty. It alerts me as the temperatures fall below/above threshold so I can adjust it right away.

1/2 is for a family friend to pick up for his family. We are a family of 6, and our portion will be gone by tomorrow.
1/2 our fire station was just relocated to a nearby highschool locker room for the duration of the pandemic.

No food storage. No kitchen. Just take-out, with a $20/day per diem.

However, you just gave me an idea to cook for those stuck in a locker room. I can cook, and leave it outside the door. People you will never meet, who are making massive sacrifices because people won't stay home, will thank you for your chicken post.

1/2 our fire station was just relocated to a nearby highschool locker room for the duration of the pandemic.

No food storage. No kitchen. Just take-out, with a $20/day per diem.

However, you just gave me an idea to cook for those stuck in a locker room. I can cook, and leave it outside the door. People you will never meet, who are making massive sacrifices because people won't stay home, will thank you for your chicken post.
Great idea!

Stay safe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom