Dinner Plans? (16 Viewers)

Yep. I use Mapp gas (hotter than propane). I take it outside to the grill to prevent setting off the smoke alarms. Then I torch a handful of wood chips and cover the grill and let the smoke work it's magic for about 5 minutes.

Nice touch with the chips.

Sous vide'ing to 126 or so?

Nice touch with the chips.

Sous vide'ing to 126 or so?
128 is my standard. I've gone as high as 130 when I only had an hour with a 1" cut, but I'm not usually in that much of a hurry.

I've wanted to experiment with lower/higher temps, but steak is an expensive testing ground.

Mexican chicken

160AC388-30AB-45D9-B3AD-FE41AEBC1035.jpeg

Not sure why the sharp knife. Those shanks look tender enough to cut with a spoon.

They were, but the sharp point is useful for the little bit of trimming that is needed. I'm a Jack Sprat type.

Plus you can tell that it was I who set the table, and I was in a hurry, which is why the knife and fork are placed like that.

Covad special! OK, eating too much lately, with less exercise than usual. We were reading out by the pool and dinner time sneaked up on us, so we threw together something light.

A little salad, fromage d'Affinois and Camembert, and New Jersey filet mignon (a.k.a. Taylor ham/pork roll). With our first bottle of Cameron Hughes #720 Haut Alpes 2018 rose, it really hit the spot!

dinner20200330.jpg

Not sure why I haven't posted in this thread before... Probably because I like food too much and eat it before I get a chance to take the photo?

In hindsight, probably could have gone a little easier on the butter; but hey, it was cooked near enough to perfection, so...

IMG_20200331_233141.jpg

IMG_20200331_233202.jpg

IMG_20200331_233256.jpg

Covad special! OK, eating too much lately, with less exercise than usual. We were reading out by the pool and dinner time sneaked up on us, so we threw together something light.

A little salad, fromage d'Affinois and Camembert, and New Jersey filet mignon (a.k.a. Taylor ham/pork roll). With our first bottle of Cameron Hughes #720 Haut Alpes 2018 rose, it really hit the spot!

View attachment 431470
Taylor Ham! Didn't even need to read the text.
But what's up with the green stuff?

But what's up with the green stuff?

One word: women. "You cant't live with them; you can't stuff 'em in a sack."

(Quoted from another famous Larry. First one to correctly identify the source by name and origin, as well as the contents and manufacturer of the box in the top center, wins the rack of chips, shipped US (+additional shipping cost anywhere else). If anyone wants them, that is. :cool )

500s.jpg

One word: women. "You cant't live with them; you can't stuff 'em in a sack."

(Quoted from another famous Larry. First one to correctly identify the source by name and origin, as well as the contents and manufacturer of the box in the top center, wins the rack of chips, shipped US (+additional shipping cost anywhere else). If anyone wants them, that is. :cool )

View attachment 432103
As Larry might say, "That'll knock the fuzz off yer balls."

I find that the only thing that makes the Thought Vampire (TV) even remotely bearable to watch is the MUTE button.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom