Dinner Plans? (14 Viewers)

Smoking up some Artic Char

IMG_3647.JPG
IMG_3648.JPG

IMG_1297.JPG
Grilled zucchini squash and onions with marinated sirloin tips.
Happy Memorial Day!

I should have taken pictures of dinner last night! Man I am 99% of the time an outdoor griller. Last night I pan seared 2 - 8oz filets and then finished them off in the oven. Started by salting both side well ad added a bit of pepper. Let them sit out for about an hour and the seared them about 4 minutes each side and then took the pan and set them in the preheated oven to finish them off. We had a small salad while the filets rested for about 10 minutes. Very juicy and flavorful!

Changed up the rib game today. At the last poker event, someone left a 1/2 bottle of Coke in the fridge. Not being one to waste, I made a Coca-cola - habanero bbq sauce. Sweet and heat. Downside - I made all this for two, so we'll be eating ribs all week... :oops:

2017-05-29 17.30.15.jpg

We went to Detroit today to check out the Eastern Market. We really enjoyed it. Grabbed lunch while we were there.

20170603_120223.jpg

Last night I ended up grilling a filet and also a strip. Both thick and great cuts. It was way to much meat for Mrs I and me but we will enjoy the leftovers. We had done loaded mashed potatoes, jalapeño zucchini and an asian salad to compliment tsome great steaks. Enjoyed the quiet dinner in the backyard. I guess this is what empty nesters do.
IMG_2124.JPG

First go with the Sous-Vide. Ginger-Lime Swordfish. Not only did it cook perfectly, but the ginger-lime was much brighter, thanks to the lack of scorching heat being applied directly to the seasonings.
2017-06-07 19.32.09.jpg

The final product, topped with a cumin queso, and served with a seasoned tomato and cheese crostini and steamed broccoli
2017-06-07 19.49.31.jpg

Special thanks to @NiceShot, who's positive review was enough for me to take the plunge.

Last edited:
Tonight I made something simple for my wife and I and had it ready for her when she got home. Home made Soft Beef Tacos with fresh home made Picadillo.

David O

IMG_2148.JPG

Broccoli salad with home made dressing. Broccoli, slivered almonds, mandarin oranges, bacon and mushrooms.

2017-06-17 00.12.47.jpg

I made a 30 hour chuck roast sous vide for my poker game on Friday. Cooked med rare at 131F. Wish I had taken a picture. It was exquisite.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom