Diet bet - lose the dad bod before becoming a dad - giveaway comp (2 Viewers)

Right, we are full. I'll post weekly scale photos from here on out.

I've just set my projection spreadsheet up and new batteries are prepped for the food scale, because that thing is going to get a hammering.

The first hurdle to overcome now is that i'm currently addicted to sugar and anything junk food related. I'm gonna go from zero to hero though and go try to go full cold turkey and get right back into the bodybuilding style diet.

Oats and water, with protein powder for breakfast. Turkey mince, white rice and brocolli for lunch, bananas, and peanut butter rice cakes for snacks, and meat, veg and potatoes or rice for dinner. Fun times for me.

4-5 weights sessions a week, with 15 minutes of high intensity cardio at the end of 2-3 of those sessions.

If I was a betting man (and I clearly am lol) I'd put my money on @sem0030 or @HeWhoWouldPun to win. Unfortunately @Highli99 and @Geremie you've got less than 0% chance of winning lol

And feel free to post abusive comments about my weekly results if they are not up to par, or any other comments you feel might assist you in winning the prize lol we may as well have some fun at my expense whilst we are at it

I got a feeling you are going to get out of this without having to give anything away!
That's impossible. I won't be dieting hard enough to drop below that weight, and I wouldn't want to, without losing my gains lol

My intake won't be going below 9600 kilojoules during this entire process and will be at more like 11,000-12,000 kilojoules for the most part.

That's impossible. I won't be dieting hard enough to drop below that weight, and I wouldn't want to, without losing my gains lol

My intake won't be going below 9600 kilojoules during this entire process and will be at more like 11,000-12,000 kilojoules for the most part.
I can’t stop looking at the word “kilojoules” without thinking it’s made up. Spell check tells me it’s not, but I still just don’t know...

:sneaky:;):ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Please PM your address and I’ll send over a couple cases of cookies and chocolate bars! Least I can do for the Mardi Gras set :whistle: :whistling: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::wow:

I’ll send you a pound of mouth party salted chocolate caramels. Every week. Just PM me your address. But seriously good luck. Honestly your smart. A lot of guys gain sympathy weight when their wives are pregnant. I might have.

Haha wow, they worded it like we're stuck in the 1700s using Calories...

Ditch the rice and potatoes (and sugar) and you'll find it easier. Drink LOTS of water.

Ditch the rice and potatoes (and sugar) and you'll find it easier. Drink LOTS of water.
I'm afraid I can't lose the rice and potatoes, though I'll certainly be cutting the sugar right out. If I drop to under 200g of carbs per day, I start losing strength each week in the gym and whilst I want to drop weight, my real goal is body recomposition, so carbs are a must.

You are also correct about the water and i've been smashing it since yesterday.

Tonight's weight is 82.5kg so 1kg or 2 lbs down in 24 hours.

Great progress! You deserve one of those awesome Pearth smash burgers as a reward
Actually my Canadian mate is doing his pop-up event near me on Sunday so I'm heading down there with the wife and some mates.

And yes I will demolishing 2 of his double cheeseburgers lol. But it's gonna be my only cheat meal of the week, and I'll be putting in a big weights session before I go.

You've got more chance of winning the lotto than me being anywhere near 85kg by the end of September :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Actually my Canadian mate is doing his pop-up event near me on Sunday so I'm heading down there with the wife and some mates.

And yes I will demolishing 2 of his double cheeseburgers lol. But it's gonna be my only cheat meal of the week, and I'll be putting in a big weights session before I go.

You've got more chance of winning the lotto than me being anywhere near 85kg by the end of September :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

So you’re saying there’s a chance!

Isn’t your wife expecting? Don’t underestimate that sympathy weight ;).
Yep, 12.5 weeks now. And i've gained my sympathy weight already.

Operation regain my wedding beach bod is a go :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Week 1 is done and i've lost exactly zero weight :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I was doing really well, eating properly and was back in the gym, but on Thursday morning I felt a crack in my neck followed by some fairly sharp pain. Turns out I have a case of acute wry neck, which sucked real bad for the first few days, but is slowly getting better. Long story short I ate a number of feeling sorry for myself pizzas and a few bags of I've already cheated so I may as well keep going sweets.

I'm hoping to get back in the gym in a couple of days and get back on track. I better hurry up or I'll be giving away something more expensive than I'd hoped :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I was doing really well, eating properly and was back in the gym, but on Thursday morning I felt a crack in my neck followed by some fairly sharp pain. Turns out I have a case of acute wry neck, which sucked real bad for the first few days, but is slowly getting better. Long story short I ate a number of feeling sorry for myself pizzas and a few bags of I've already cheated so I may as well keep going sweets.

I'm hoping to get back in the gym in a couple of days and get back on track. I better hurry up or I'll be giving away something more expensive than I'd hoped :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

so, maybe my guess isn't to far off after all :)

I tend to drop weight every 2-3 years, the gym is great, but if you actually want to lose weight quickly you need to drop intake.

My latest experiment has been to reduce intake to 1500 calories a day and I'm dropping about 3 lbs a week (already down 20 lbs since end of May).

Good luck!

I tend to drop weight every 2-3 years, the gym is great, but if you actually want to lose weight quickly you need to drop intake.

My latest experiment has been to reduce intake to 1500 calories a day and I'm dropping about 3 lbs a week (already down 20 lbs since end of May).

Good luck!
I did the 1500 calorie thing years ago and it certainly works, but im trying to increase my lean mass at the same time as dropping fat.
So I don't actually want to lose anymore than approximately 1lb a week. Anymore and i would be burning through muscle as well

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom