Did a thing (1 Viewer)

ahuynh62

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Went ahead and bought a used shuffle tech loved it, then went out and bought a new FMK and used drawer . Here’s how my shuffle cart/drawer came out !

Attachments

• IMG_5461.jpeg
    IMG_5461.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_5460.jpeg
    IMG_5460.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_5408.jpeg
    IMG_5408.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 161
Looks great!! I’ve been dragging my feet on this step with mine.

Did you buy the cart new? What was your solution for the drawer at the top to allow it to open? How loud is it compared to when the shuffler is just on a table/cart?

Looks great!! I’ve been dragging my feet on this step with mine.

Did you buy the cart new? What was your solution for the drawer at the top to allow it to open? How loud is it compared to when the shuffler is just on a table/cart?
I bought a used cart on offer up for like 20 bucks. I didn’t like spending 100 bucks on a cart just to cut a huge hole in it lol. Since the shuffler sits pretty low , the very top drawer is just for show lol . The 2nd and 3rd draw still work . I think the noise reduced maybe 30% than before , with lid closed . Idk how loud these things are in table .

I bought a used cart on offer up for like 20 bucks. I didn’t like spending 100 bucks on a cart just to cut a huge hole in it lol. Since the shuffler sits pretty low , the very top drawer is just for show lol . The 2nd and 3rd draw still work . I think the noise reduced maybe 30% than before , with lid closed . Idk how loud these things are in table .
Good deal on the cart. It looks brand new!

To keep the face of the top drawer intact, do you just cut out the back of the drawer, or did the bottom of the drawer need to be cut out too?

Good deal on the cart. It looks brand new!

To keep the face of the top drawer intact, do you just cut out the back of the drawer, or did the bottom of the drawer need to be cut out took
I just removed the top drawer, took it apart . A lot of these drawers/cabinets are put together, and it’s pretty easy to take apart , and for now I just used strong Velcro tape so I can remove it if need be . But you could also a double headed nail idk if that’s what there called . But it’s to hold cabinet fixtures in place .

I wonder if there is any overheating concerns with a pillow/sound damping. Wish I can find a used shuffle tech around me

in my opinion the only time the shuffler is load is when a jam happens . And depending on the cards used , happens infrequently

As a longtime drummer, the issue of soundproofing is quite familiar.
The only thing that truly prevents sound from transferring is mass. Sound dampening panels and those foam egg-crate pieces are great at dampening and changing the acoustical properties in the space where they are located, but do little to prevent the sound from escaping that space.
To add mass, making the cabinet walls thicker would help. As an extreme example, making a concrete cabinet for the shuffler, however cumbersome, would increase mass the most, and be the most quiet.

As a longtime drummer, the issue of soundproofing is quite familiar.
The only thing that truly prevents sound from transferring is mass. Sound dampening panels and those foam egg-crate pieces are great at dampening and changing the acoustical properties in the space where they are located, but do little to prevent the sound from escaping that space.
To add mass, making the cabinet walls thicker would help. As an extreme example, making a concrete cabinet for the shuffler, however cumbersome, would increase mass the most, and be the most quiet.
Would adding *any* mass to the cart be helpful, or does it strictly need to be in the sides of the cabinet? i.e. Can I just fill the cabinet with the chips I’ll be using that day and have a noticeable effect?

Why didn’t I take more physics classes?!?!

Would adding *any* mass to the cart be helpful, or does it strictly need to be in the sides of the cabinet? i.e. Can I just fill the cabinet with the chips I’ll be using that day and have a noticeable effect?

Why didn’t I take more physics classes?!?!
I think anything added inside the cabinet adds mass...just the more dense the items are, and the more that covers the inside of the cabinet, the better.
I think adding chips would do something to help, just not sure how much. But adding something thick, heavy or dense to all the interior walls would do the most good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom