Is a shuffle tech worth it for my game. (7 Viewers)

Should I get a shuffle tech ?

• Total voters
Thanks, I can't find a shuffletech listed there. The shufflemaster at $6k refurbished would take me 30 years to recuperate my cost at my $50 buy-in.
They run about 4500 through off eBay seller. I have purchased things from AGS though. You can recuperate cost on the back end if your game ever breaks up you just resell it for 4500.

Also when the shuffle tech is back in stock you can buy one of those too and compare then sell the one you don't want.

Tell the wife that you got it used refurbish so it's a 1/5 of the price.

Swipe it swipe it swipe it! *Chants*

Crazy how the shuffle tech keeps going out of stock. I'll keep an eye out for one.

IMG_7426.jpeg
IMG_7427.jpeg
IMG_7428.jpeg

If you have spare 4,5k and really want this gadget for your monthly home game - get one!

In a friendly cash game, with no raising blind levels, play delay due to shuffling should not be the biggest problem.

If anyone is handy with fixing things. (Not mine)

There was another one that was broken that sold for $330 with shipping a week ago. That one had more information as to what the issues were; It had a nonfunctioning "3" button and a broken band in the mechanism.

I wonder what issues this one has, and what it will go for.

Yeah but that one had a mounting kit, this one has like no info and how do you explain the lid? Maybe someone tried to sound proof it by gluing something to the lid. Does it even come with a power adapter?

Never mind. I messaged him. It’s older than what shuffletech will service.
Maybe message him and ask him what happen lol

My game has had a dealer for about six months. He puts each just-used deck on top of a big dealer button in front of that player—who shuffles it during the next hand.

Before the next hand, the dealer gives the reshuffled decks another riffle/box or two and cuts it, both for added security and because most players shuffle badly. This is a pretty quick operation.

I mention it because while I’ve considered getting a Shuffletech, I’m not convinced that loading and unloading decks would be really much faster than this system, especially given the occasional jams.

I could be wrong, but my dealer is pretty damned efficient, and there is usually no delay getting the next hand up, given the time which elapses pushing the chips and cards from the last hand.

If I didn’t have a dealer I would probably get one (and sit in a middle seat myself to process decks).

I like having 3 decks in rotation with a Shuffletech in play. There's always a slight confusion at first for new players who aren't used to it but after an orbit or two, they get the hang of what needs to be done. One of the regulars or myself will process the cards thru the shuffler and it goes pretty smooth. Just make sure all the decks are visibly different colored. heh

I keep a small powerbank in/on the cart as well so I don't have power cords draping across the floor and I can move it to whatever seat is best as needed.

My game has had a dealer for about six months. He puts each just-used deck on top of a big dealer button in front of that player—who shuffles it during the next hand.

Before the next hand, the dealer gives the reshuffled decks another riffle/box or two and cuts it, both for added security and because most players shuffle badly. This is a pretty quick operation.

I mention it because while I’ve considered getting a Shuffletech, I’m not convinced that loading and unloading decks would be really much faster than this system, especially given the occasional jams.

I could be wrong, but my dealer is pretty damned efficient, and there is usually no delay getting the next hand up, given the time which elapses pushing the chips and cards from the last hand.

If I didn’t have a dealer I would probably get one (and sit in a middle seat myself to process decks).
I don't know why but I'm pretty efficient and organized compared to my other players when it comes to being a dealer. I do take it upon myself to deal and keep the game moving because everyone else seems like they have never played cards ever. I see as having a shuffler just as I see having a nice set of chips. It's not required to have a nice set but it is a luxury with the shuffler giving a slightly more convivence factor than a nice set of chips but some could argue bad chips can slow a game down from sliding all over the place etc.

Is the dealer just a dealer? Do you guys tip him/her? Does the game contribute to the individual at all?

Having a dedicated non playing dealer will more likely than not always be more efficient for the game overall.
With my shuffle tech I sit in the middle and facilitate the exchange of decks from the shuffler which sits on a side table next to me.
Game moves incredibly fast with consistent shuffles.

I like having 3 decks in rotation with a Shuffletech in play. There's always a slight confusion at first for new players who aren't used to it but after an orbit or two, they get the hang of what needs to be done. One of the regulars or myself will process the cards thru the shuffler and it goes pretty smooth. Just make sure all the decks are visibly different colored. heh

I keep a small powerbank in/on the cart as well so I don't have power cords draping across the floor and I can move it to whatever seat is best as needed.
It works with a power bank? Can you take some pictures next time?

Maybe powerbank is the wrong word. I use one of these:

https://meh.com/deals/snugmax-vickers-pure-sine-wave-200-power-station-222wh-60000mah

It easily lasts multiple sessions between charges. Each playing session is usually 10-12 hours long. It fits inside my cabinet and will run with it inside. But since my gaming sessions run a little long, I leave it on top of the cabinet during the longer plays to keep it from overheating. I've ran it for as long as an hour inside the cabinet without any overheating issues though.

dynamatshuffler.jpg

That's what the inside of the cabinet looks like with the dynamat applied.

I just uploaded a couple of videos I took during the install of it shuffling before and after the dynamat install. The sound doesn't come thru very well in the video but there is a dramatic difference in person and you can hear it take some of the higher pitched notes away.

BEFORE -
AFTER -

It's still rendering right now so it's at low-res until it processes.

I just uploaded a couple of videos I took during the install of it shuffling before and after the dynamat install. The sound doesn't come thru very well in the video but there is a dramatic difference in person and you can hear it take some of the higher pitched notes away.

BEFORE -
AFTER -

It's still rendering right now so it's at low-res until it processes.
I don't know why I have such an obsession with card shufflers just a satisfying thing to watch but don't tease me with just the shuffle part I want to see the whole load and unloading part too.

is it necessary to have the see through window? Almost could drop a cover on it for more suppression

i can confirm the cabinet @Napalm uses cuts the sound by more than half, once the game gets going and noise from radio, table TV you cant even hear it unless you try to listen for it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom