GB Completed DEALER BUTTONS - PCFDBGB06 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone!

After some thought, I’d like to extend an offer to anyone interested.

A few weeks ago I posted some pics of a treatment of the KGB Oreo dealer button to allow one cookie to twist off (See post #257 above). This was a quick and dirty conversion that was successful, even without a template for centering the magnet. Now that I’ve got the template all figured out, I expect an even more precise result. I’m also getting two more Oreos in this buy, so I’ll iron out the kinks on mine before I move onto anyone else’s buttons.

So, for anyone who’s ordered an Oreo DB in this GB, I’m offering to convert your DB for the cost of materials (Not sure on cost yet, but less than $2) + return shipping to you. (See James' shipping quotes in post #1 for a ballpark)

For now, I’m going to limit this offer to the DB purchased in this GB. If there is enough interest, I may extend this offer to buttons purchased in previous GB as well, but we’ll cross that bridge later.

What you’ll get:
Your DB(s) drilled with magnets inserted to allow one cookie to twist off
One cookie and the cream center will be glued together permanently.

The Process:
If you’re interested in having this done, please send me a PM to opt in with the # of buttons you ordered. I will give @Himewad the list of Oreo DBs that will be sent to me. He has graciously agreed to include them into my DB shipment, saving you the trouble and $ of sending them to me separately. Once the conversion is complete, I’ll send you a message for payment and return shipping address.
Note: James will only send me the Oreo DBs. You will still be responsible for shipping costs on the rest of your DB order from him.

What to expect:
Having never run a process like this before, I’m not sure what to expect for a turnaround time, but I’m going to say 3 weeks from when I receive my shipment to allow some breathing room if all 40+ DB come my way from this GB. Hopefully it will be much quicker than that, even if it is a tidal wave of Oreos coming my way.

Deadline:
If you’re interested, please let me know ASAP. This will make it easier for James to sort the order for reshipping once it arrives. I will continue to allow requests until James posts that the order has arrived at his doorstep. I reserve the right to cut this deadline shorter at @Himewad's request, or for any other reason.

The fine print:
This is a service I am willing to offer at cost. While I haven’t experienced any damaged or broken DB yet, the DB owner is accepting the risk should this happen. At no point will I guarantee replacement of a DB or parts should a catastrophic failure occur. I reserve the right to cancel the service if damage or loss begins to happen on a regular basis. Should that happen, I’ll return the unfinished DBs to the owners at the owners expense. While this has been a clean process for the most part, I will not guarantee that there won’t be any glue residue or spill over from the process (See pics above in #257). I’ll do my best to clean up any excess prior to reshipping. The No Asshat Clause is in full effect. In my experience, this has been the exception to the rule. However, I reserve the right to cancel the offer to any individual at any time should they trigger this clause. In the event this clause is triggered, the party will still be responsible for paying return shipping on their DB. If they refuse, I will hold the DB or parts until they agree to cover return shipping. After 1 year, I will consider the DB abandoned and take possession of the DB. (I’ve already got some, don’t make me look like a hoarder)
Thanks for the offer! Very cool idea.

giphy.gif

Hello Everyone!

A few weeks ago I posted some pics of a treatment of the KGB Oreo dealer button to allow one cookie to twist off (See post #257 above). This was a quick and dirty conversion that was successful, even without a template for centering the magnet. Now that I’ve got the template all figured out, I expect an even more precise result. I’m also getting two more Oreos in this buy, so I’ll iron out the kinks on mine before I move onto anyone else’s buttons.

So, for anyone who’s ordered an Oreo DB in this GB, I’m offering to convert your DB for the cost of materials (Not sure on cost yet, but less than $2) + return shipping to you. (See James' shipping quotes in post #1 for a ballpark)

For now, I’m going to limit this offer to the DB purchased in this GB. If there is enough interest, I may extend this offer to buttons purchased in previous GB as well, but we’ll cross that bridge later.

What you’ll get:

The Process:
If you’re interested in having this done, please send me a PM to opt in with the # of buttons you ordered. I will give @Himewad the list of Oreo DBs that will be sent to me. He has graciously agreed to include them into my DB shipment, saving you the trouble and $ of sending them to me separately. Once the conversion is complete, I’ll send you a message for payment and return shipping address.
Note: James will only send me the Oreo DBs. You will still be responsible for shipping costs on the rest of your DB order from him.

What to expect:
Having never run a process like this before, I’m not sure what to expect for a turnaround time, but I’m going to say 3 weeks from when I receive my shipment to allow some breathing room if all 40+ DB come my way from this GB. Hopefully it will be much quicker than that, even if it is a tidal wave of Oreos coming my way.

Deadline:
If you’re interested, please let me know ASAP. This will make it easier for James to sort the order for reshipping once it arrives. I will continue to allow requests until James posts that the order has arrived at his doorstep. I reserve the right to cut this deadline shorter at @Himewad's request, or for any other reason.

The fine print:
This is a service I am willing to offer at cost. While I haven’t experienced any damaged or broken DB yet, the DB owner is accepting the risk should this happen. At no point will I guarantee replacement of a DB or parts should a catastrophic failure occur. I reserve the right to cancel the service if damage or loss begins to happen on a regular basis. Should that happen, I’ll return the unfinished DBs to the owners at the owners expense. While this has been a clean process for the most part, I will not guarantee that there won’t be any glue residue or spill over from the process (See pics above in #257). I’ll do my best to clean up any excess prior to reshipping. The No Asshat Clause is in full effect. In my experience, this has been the exception to the rule. However, I reserve the right to cancel the offer to any individual at any time should they trigger this clause. In the event this clause is triggered, the party will still be responsible for paying return shipping on their DB. If they refuse, I will hold the DB or parts until they agree to cover return shipping. After 1 year, I will consider the DB abandoned and take possession of the DB. (I’ve already got some, don’t make me look like a hoarder)
Not to be captain obvious or anything but a friendly reminder that magnets attract or repel based on which side is up (for when you are gluing stuff into holes).

Not to be captain obvious or anything but a friendly reminder that magnets attract or repel based on which side is up (for when you are gluing stuff into holes).
Ssssssshhhhhhhh @Jeff!!! You’re giving away my secrets!!

How am I going to charge $1000 for a floating Oreo DB now???

Last edited:
Hello Everyone!

What you’ll get:

The Process:

What to expect:

Deadline:

The fine print:
I got 2 this sounds cool do one of mine and if I don't like it I got the other!

I need to go through the individual piles again, because my initial counts have me short 1 blue Majestic Star and 1 red Majestic Star.

Everything else appears to be accurate.

Hello Everyone!

What you’ll get:

The Process:

What to expect:

Deadline:

The fine print:

Thank you to everyone who has sent me messages on the Oreo buttons! At this point, the offer is closed for this GB. If this goes well, I'll create a separate post about the process and possibly open things up for individual orders.

For those of you that have opted in, I'll send out a message about where the process is to keep everyone in the loop!

Definitely was short a couple of Majestic dealer buttons (one each of items A and C). I contacted BR Pro Poker and they found them sitting on a desk, and they are expected to be delivered tomorrow. I ordered one of each of those, anyway, so it's not delaying anything.

After I sorted everything out this weekend, I had a few extra 47mm chips (I wasn't supposed to have any extras). I quickly found the piles they belonged to, and everything is properly accounted for and sorted into the correct pile for each and every person in this group buy.

The next step is to start packing them up. I hope to have everything out the door by the end of the week. You will receive USPS tracking numbers via the same PM that I sent payment requests when your package is wrapped up and ready to be dropped off at the post office.

Definitely was short a couple of Majestic dealer buttons (one each of items A and C). I contacted BR Pro Poker and they found them sitting on a desk, and they are expected to be delivered tomorrow. I ordered one of each of those, anyway, so it's not delaying anything.

After I sorted everything out this weekend, I had a few extra 47mm chips (I wasn't supposed to have any extras). I quickly found the piles they belonged to, and everything is properly accounted for and sorted into the correct pile for each and every person in this group buy.

The next step is to start packing them up. I hope to have everything out the door by the end of the week. You will receive USPS tracking numbers via the same PM that I sent payment requests when your package is wrapped up and ready to be dropped off at the post office.
Sounds like alot of work !! Appreciate you !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom