DEALER BUTTONS for the New China Club CARDS MOLD Group Buy - Gaging Interest (1 Viewer)

TX_Golf_N_Poker

Straight Flush
Tourney Director
Supporter
Reaction score
@Himewad has kindly offered to allow a piggyback onto one of his MANY DB orders for those of us participating in the @FDLmold New China Club Cards mold group buy. Because we all know if you're buying a set of chips, ya GOTTA have a DB. As we all know, James is one of the DB KINGS around here, so we will get awesome service by teaming up with him and BR Pro Poker, our go-to button maker.

So here's the skinny. The first Cards mold main GB also had a DB GB, and this DB was produced:

New China Club DB.jpeg

So the artwork already exists for this version. First order of business - who owns this design? @timinater I know you did the chips. Did you also do this DB? James, back in your first interest thread, you mentioned @jr8719 as asking for this DB. So maybe this artwork belongs to them? Would whomever owns this art, please step forward so we can get your permission, and make appropriate arrangements to use it.

Second order of business - do we want to modify this design in any way. It's classy, but maybe a bit plain? Could we come up with a new design that POPS! as much as the chips do? I personally would like to see the scalloped inlay art with the dancing girl on one side of a DB. And maybe a bit more color?

So what do you all think? Original button, new design, or BOTH?

Last edited:
My suggestions from the other thread:

OK, hear me out, and tell me if this sounds horrific. Make the button a quarter pie like the $5/25/100 chips. Take the orange from the $100, the green from the $25, and the yellow and grey from the $5. I'm avoiding red and darker colors like the beautiful blue on the $1. Put the original image on one side, and the scalloped inlay with the girl on the other side, obviously deleting the denomination. Put the word DEALER 4 times going around the outside edge, once in each quarter pie. (Only on the dancing girl side)

Or if that's too much, then just do the girl and quarter pie on one side and leave the other side as is on the original.

New comments:

James has informed me the BR Pro Poker can NOT do aligned edges on DBs. BOOOOO!!! Personally, I don't acknowledge the word "NO" so I'd like to hear if it's just a matter of too much effort, or if there is some actual technical reason, cause I really think a quarter pie DB would be bad-ass! Maybe if we throw a little more money at them???

So if we could do that, here's my latest thought. On the "business" side, take the original design with white background, and shrink it a little, just enough to put a ring around it to match the quarter pie and ALLIGNED EDGES colors. :D :D :D It looks awesome in my head - where it probably will stay... :(

James has informed me the BR Pro Poker can NOT do aligned edges on DBs. BOOOOO!!! Personally, I don't acknowledge the word "NO" so I'd like to hear if it's just a matter of too much effort, or if there is some actual technical reason, cause I really think a quarter pie DB would be bad-ass! Maybe if we throw a little more money at them???

So if we could do that, here's my latest thought. On the "business" side, take the original design with white background, and shrink it a little, just enough to put a ring around it to match the quarter pie and ALLIGNED EDGES colors. :D :D :D It looks awesome in my head - where it probably will stay... :(
The aligned edges on dealer buttons isn't possible, unfortunately. I asked this exact question about a different DB design just yesterday. They simply don't have the equipment to make it happen (apparently it's different equipment than what is needed to align edges on poker chip-size ceramics). You'll have to come up with something cool for the rolling edge.

I like the idea of the dancing girl.

Definitely interested.
If somebody does artwork, also adding a NCC themed kill button would be of interest.

So the artwork already exists for this version. First order of business - who owns this design? @timinater I know you did the chips. Did you also do this DB? James, back in your first interest thread, you mentioned @jr8719 as asking for this DB. So maybe this artwork belongs to them? Would whomever owns this art, please step forward so we can get your permission, and make appropriate arrangements to use it.
I looked at my spreadsheet from that huge DB group buy, and I do have @jr8719 marked down for the New China Club DB. But he didn't end up ordering any of the buttons, so it kind of makes me think maybe it wasn't him. Regardless, if we want to reproduce the original button, I can do so.

OK, hear me out, and tell me if this sounds horrific. Make the button a quarter pie like the $5/25/100 chips. Take the orange from the $100, the green from the $25, and the yellow and grey from the $5. I'm avoiding red and darker colors like the beautiful blue on the $1. Put the original image on one side, and the scalloped inlay with the girl on the other side, obviously deleting the denomination. Put the word DEALER 4 times going around the outside edge, once in each quarter pie. (Only on the dancing girl side)
Sounds horrific.

@Himewad has kindly offered to allow a piggyback onto one of his MANY DB orders for those of us participating in the @FDLmold New China Club Cards mold group buy. Because we all know if you're buying a set of chips, ya GOTTA have a DB. As we all know, James is one of the DB KINGS around here, and he gets the best pricing at BR Pro Poker, our go-to button maker.

So here's the skinny. The first Cards mold main GB also had a DB GB, and this DB was produced:

View attachment 585147

Second order of business - do we want to modify this design in any way. It's classy, but maybe a bit plain? Could we come up with a new design that POPS! as much as the chips do? I personally would like to see the scalloped inlay art with the dancing girl on one side of a DB. And maybe a bit more color?

So what do you all think? Original button, new design, or BOTH?
Yeah, Tim created the artwork for me originally, but seeing as I have Cardiff — not Reno — on my chips, any of these buttons are a no from me. However, feel free to use the artwork as you see fit; I'm happy to give my permission for any future projects, so no need to ask (providing Tim is happy to do so etc).

In for one old version and depending on if new version

I looked at my spreadsheet from that huge DB group buy, and I do have @jr8719 marked down for the New China Club DB. But he didn't end up ordering any of the buttons, so it kind of makes me think maybe it wasn't him. Regardless, if we want to reproduce the original button, I can do so.
That's fine. I just want to make sure we factor in a little something for the designer, and also get the same one to do the new revised version with dancing girl on the other side, since there seems to be a consensus to do that.

Yeah, Tim created the artwork for me originally, but seeing as I have Cardiff — not Reno — on my chips, any of these buttons are a no from me. However, feel free to use the artwork as you see fit; I'm happy to give my permission for any future projects, so no need to ask (providing Tim is happy to do so etc).
Thanks. I will reach out to @timinater to get permission to use and to get him to do a second version.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom