DEALER BUTTONS for the New China Club CARDS MOLD Group Buy - Gaging Interest (7 Viewers)

New drafts. Don't love the green scalloped version so did a version without. Also the white/red button looked sweet, so did a version on it's own.
NCC Dealer Button-V3-01.jpg
NCC Dealer Button-V3-02.jpg
NCC Dealer Button-V3-03.jpg
NCC Dealer Button-V3-04.jpg
NCC Dealer Button-V3-05.jpg
NCC Dealer Button-V3-06.jpg

I love the Keno Queen inside the white scalloping, but that shade of green around the outside is too bright. I asked Tim to re-do it with a green closer to the shade used in button #1 & 2.

Although I do have to say the bright red buttons make me feel like a card-carrying member of the Chinese Communist Party. Bright red is not a color I associate with 1960s New China Club.

I like the maroon colour in Button 1, I just think it clashes with the green background color and yellow highlighting, like it's just too much. If there was a version of Button 5 or even Button 3 in the maroon, and maybe without the yellow text on the edge, I think that would be awesome.

Last edited:
Although I do have to say the bright red buttons make me feel like a card-carrying member of the Chinese Communist Party. Bright red is not a color I associate with 1960s New China Club.

Red is a significant colour in Chinese culture irregardless of communism. Look at the Wynn and the Encore. Their interiors are red for a reason. Red symbolizes vitality, luck, energy, fire, happiness, youthfulness. Brides in China wear red.

I like 1 and 3. I like 4, but with one side of the button being exactly like the original, it doesn't do as much for me. I would like to see more options with the brown and dark green. Maybe with the scalloped "inlay" area.

Also, since red is such an important color in Chinese culture, how about taking the original button, but change the base color from white to red, change the black text color to white, and change the red text color to yellow? Or the other way around might be better? Then use the rolling edge artwork from button #5.

Last edited:
Also, be careful using a thin border on the face of the button. The printing isn't always perfectly centered, so some of the buttons will probably have a thin border on one side and a thicker border on the other side.

Just to clarify, are we ordering some of the original buttons as well as new designs, or just new designs? I'd be in for 1 or 2 of the originals

I like the first three. I did think the contrast of yellow and green on the first two looks a bit muddy but I know pc monitors may not render it all perfectly and it might come out awesome on the puck. regardless, a Keno Queen DB is a must.

In regards to the dates from an earlier post, I found the article on the Nevada Gaming Commission historical site. It talked about they opened in 1952 and let their license expire on Dec 31, 1971 and closed that day. So I guess it could be 71 or 72 depending on was it the last date or up to 1972.

I like all of them except the all green one. The Keno girl looks like a Christmas tree from afar or if you've had too many whiskeys. I'm not saying that's a bad thing.

Just to clarify, are we ordering some of the original buttons as well as new designs, or just new designs? I'd be in for 1 or 2 of the originals
Yes. The original will be offered, assuming it gets 10 or more orders. That's the MOQ for rolling edge printing.

What about a quarter pie design for the background like the chips have?
That is exactly what I wanted to do. Unfortunately, BR Pro Poker can't do aligned edges on Dealer Buttons, and I don't think the quarter pie would look good without matching edges.

I like the first three. I did think the contrast of yellow and green on the first two looks a bit muddy but I know pc monitors may not render it all perfectly and it might come out awesome on the puck. regardless, a Keno Queen DB is a must.

In regards to the dates from an earlier post, I found the article on the Nevada Gaming Commission historical site. It talked about they opened in 1952 and let their license expire on Dec 31, 1971 and closed that day. So I guess it could be 71 or 72 depending on was it the last date or up to 1972.
Thanks. Yeah, I'd say we should change it to 1971 if they closed on 12/31/71.

OK, how's this for tweaks? Speak up please. I'm just the messenger, not the final decision maker.

Button #1
  • Change 1972 to 1971.
Button #2
  • Change 1972 to 1971.
  • Do we want Tim to make the red a couple of shades darker, or leave it?
Button #3
  • Make the green a couple of shades darker - closer to the green in buttons 1 & 2. (I already submitted this tweak to Tim)
Button #4
  • I don't care for this one, so if anyone else wants to tweak it, speak up.
Button #5
  • Someone suggested making the entire base color of the button red, changing black text to white, and changing red text to yellow. Should we do that to this button, or leave this one alone and do a new draft with those ideas?
Button #6
  • This is the original. No changes.
Think on this and give me your feedback. I'll submit tweaks to Tim tomorrow afternoon.

OK, how's this for tweaks? Speak up please. I'm just the messenger, not the final decision maker.

Button #1
  • Change 1972 to 1971.
Button #2
  • Change 1972 to 1971.
  • Do we want Tim to make the red a couple of shades darker, or leave it?
Button #3
  • Make the green a couple of shades darker - closer to the green in buttons 1 & 2. (I already submitted this tweak to Tim)
Button #4
  • I don't care for this one, so if anyone else wants to tweak it, speak up.
Button #5
  • Someone suggested making the entire base color of the button red, changing black text to white, and changing red text to yellow. Should we do that to this button, or leave this one alone and do a new draft with those ideas?
Button #6
  • This is the original. No changes.
Think on this and give me your feedback. I'll submit tweaks to Tim tomorrow afternoon.

I dont think you go too dark on button 2. I think you want it different than button 1

On button 5, just do the entire button face in red, “dealer” in yellow (to match the rollin* edge), and everything else in white. Maybe leave “new” in black if it looks better that way.

I dont think you go too dark on button 2. I think you want it different than button 1
Unless there's a big demand, my thinking is that there will just be one button with the green and yellow "ash tray" design actually going to print. So I'm trying to dial in the single best color for the outside and edges. I thought #1 was too dark. Some others thought #2 was too bright. So I'm suggesting a third somewhere in-between might hit the sweet spot. These are all just drafts right now that we are tweaking to try and come up with one or two new buttons to go along with the original.

I got tied up with personal stuff today, so one more day to make comments. I'll submit tweaks to Tim tomorrow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom