DEALER BUTTONS for the New China Club CARDS MOLD Group Buy - Gaging Interest (1 Viewer)

On for at least 2 DBs. I like original art, but dont mind new spice either.

I have confirmed with @timinater that he did design the first button, and that he will put together ideas for a second button with the dancing girl on one side. We both felt that a 50 cent add-on per button to the cost to go to him would be fair compensation for his services. Hope everyone is in agreement with that.

He is going to draft up some ideas and post them here for discussion.

As far as minimums, the only MOQ I'm aware of with BR Pro Poker is 10 per design in order to get rolling edge art, and I highly doubt that will be any problem. Given the number of people in the group buy, unless they already bought one from the earlier group buy that @Himewad ran, we should be able to do 10-20 of the original design and 30-40 for a new design. I'm counting on James' crew of DB collectors for the bigger number on a new design.

View attachment 585230
I think the artwork similar to the one on this ashtray would be pretty cool for one side of the button.
Personally, I would love to see something similar to this. Without the actual address though, just Reno, NV. Maybe extend the red ring to the rolling edge to differentiate it more from the original? Thoughts?

I have confirmed with @timinater that he did design the first button, and that he will put together ideas for a second button with the dancing girl on one side. We both felt that a 50 cent add-on per button to the cost to go to him would be fair compensation for his services. Hope everyone is in agreement with that.

He is going to draft up some ideas and post them here for discussion.

As far as minimums, the only MOQ I'm aware of with BR Pro Poker is 10 per design in order to get rolling edge art, and I highly doubt that will be any problem. Given the number of people in the group buy, unless they already bought one from the earlier group buy that @Himewad ran, we should be able to do 10-20 of the original design and 30-40 for a new design. I'm counting on James' crew of DB collectors for the bigger number on a new design.
Yeah, we won't have any trouble hitting the MOQ for rolling edge printing. Just assume on the rolling edge and go ahead and get it designed.

:)

NCC Dealer Button-V2-01.jpg

For comparative purposes, here are the actual chips:

NCC cards mold chips_crop.jpeg

Does everyone like the image in the previous post, or do we want to see one of the images from the chips with the scalloped inlay shape? What about that color around the outside and on the rolling edge. Do you like it, or would you rather have a brighter red that matches the "China Club" printing on the other side?

My first instinct was white center with scalloped design
I also like that one. (like them both, so could be a tough decision) Do you have any suggestions for color outside of the white scalloping and on the rolling edges?

The white center with scalloped "inlay" might make the image more clear, as well. I'm worried the green might be too dark to see the Keno Queen clearly.

On the chips shown as examples, the Keno Queen design is green on the $1 and $5, and yellow on the $25. Maybe use the different colors for each side of the button? Or even make two different Keno Queen buttons? Could use the brown color (for outside the scalloped inlay) with the green Keno Queen, and the dark green colors with the yellow Keno Queen.

Just spitballing.

I'd be in for a new DB design if it is made. As I already got in on the original DB.

I'd be in for a new DB design if it is made. As I already got in on the original DB.
A new DB (or two?) is definitely going to be made. Please provide any input you have on what has been suggested above or what you would like for it to look like.

The white center with scalloped "inlay" might make the image more clear, as well. I'm worried the green might be too dark to see the Keno Queen clearly.

On the chips shown as examples, the Keno Queen design is green on the $1 and $5, and yellow on the $25. Maybe use the different colors for each side of the button? Or even make two different Keno Queen buttons? Could use the brown color (for outside the scalloped inlay) with the green Keno Queen, and the dark green colors with the yellow Keno Queen.

Just spitballing.
Do you like that brownish red color around the green one above at all? I really don't as I look at it now. Does that color have any importance? Otherwise I think we should change it to the same red that's on the other side.

Here are my thoughts for changes to the first draft. Y'all give me a yay or nay for each one.
  1. Change the brownish red to a red matching the other side.
  2. Replace the address with "1952 - RENO, NEV - 1972" I'm assuming this info is accurate. Not sure how to confirm it myself.
  3. On the white side, reduce everything a touch and also continue the red from the edge to a small ring on that side too.
Then, I'll ask @timinater to create a second button, also with the white side, and the following on the flip.
  1. Use the dancing girl with the green dress (from the $1 & $5 chips) inside a white scalloped inlay.
  2. Outside the scalloping and on the rolling edge, use the same green color as the dress.
  3. On the white side, reduce everything a touch and also put a green ring on that side.
I've had a few drinks tonight, so if you hate these, just say so, and suggest something better. :dead: If we can get a consensus tomorrow, I'll pass this all on to Tim to draft up.

Unless I get more input, I'm going to assume you guys are happy with my suggestions. I want to pass on the latest suggestions to Tim later today.

@Himewad When is your deadline that you need final art to combine this with your own upcoming order?

Unless I get more input, I'm going to assume you guys are happy with my suggestions. I want to pass on the latest suggestions to Tim later today.

@Himewad When is your deadline that you need final art to combine this with your own upcoming order?
I'm not ordering these chips, but I think these should definitely be two separate buttons. The white one is a classic and shouldn't be altered IMO (both sides remain as pure white with black and red text).

The Keno Queen button is the one that might need to be tweaked with the scalloped "inlay" area and/or the color scheme. That's my two cents.

Just get the design finalized in the next couple of weeks and you'll be fine.

I'm not ordering these chips, but I think these should definitely be two separate buttons. The white one is a classic and shouldn't be altered IMO (both sides remain as pure white with black and red text).

The Keno Queen button is the one that might need to be tweaked with the scalloped "inlay" area and/or the color scheme. That's my two cents.

Just get the design finalized in the next couple of weeks and you'll be fine.
Yes, agreed. The original button is not being modified and will be offered up again in this buy, assuming it meets MOQ of 10.

I'm envisioning two additional draft buttons to review. One with the Keno Queen art from above, with some tweaks. A second one with the Keno Queen inside the scalloped white inlay and a different colored edge. We can then vote or decide if we want to have one over the other, or possibly even have both made.

On both of the draft buttons, the Keno Queen art is just on one side, and a version of the white button, with an edge colored ring around it (my suggestion to tie the two sides together) is on the other side.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom